LENOX ON THE LAKE (THE) - Tamarac, FL

LENOX ON THE LAKE (THE) - Tamarac, FL has yet not published prices.

My Mother moved into lenox on lake approx 9 months ago.
Everyone has been Exceptionally nice and go out of their way to assist her. The dining room is like eating in a restaurant every day. I've had a number of meals there and the food is delicious. They have entertainment every Saturday night and all kinds of scheduled activities during the day. I feel so fortunate to have found such a great place for my mom.

Drastic change in less than 2 weeks

We needed to relocate our Aunt, who is age 90, from Charleston, SC to Fort Lauderdale, FL. Our Aunt has dementia. Naturally, I wanted to find a facility that was clean, catered to memory care, patient but firm staff members and of course, affordable.

When I walked in to the lobby of the Lenox, the lobby was buzzing with activity, smelled wonderful and gave me that "hotel lobby" feel with a beautiful glass waterfall as you enter.

I had wonderful discussions initially with "Teresa", head of sales and marketing, and eventually "Hillary" head of the Memory Care unit. We were thoroughly impressed with both especially with their confidence that my Aunt would regain her thrive to live. (In Charleston, my Aunt was not eating nor getting up out of her bed. the staff at her other facility believed she had lost her will to thrive and even called for a hospice consultation which deemed she was not yet at that stage)

It has been a week and a half since my Aunt arrived at the Lenox. The staff has worked tiredlessly in engaging and redirecting my Aunt's thoughts. EVERY DAY she is up and dressed and does not return to her room until it is time for bed. During the day, she does fuss to return to her room but the staff does a wonderful job in redirecting her thoughts. She is even eating small meals now which is absolutely amazing :-)

My family is very thankful for the entire staff at Lenox, from the front desk that greets you with a smile, to the maintenance crew headed by "Steve" I think, that works hard to address all concerns of the family, to the nurses and especially the CNAs who work with the residents each day. It is not an easy job to keep the residents safe, engaged and as independent as possible. I salute you all with tears in my eyes as I am watching my Aunt make such a drastic improvement in such a short period of time.

I hope this review will help families in search of a place for their loved one. I am at ease :-)

Not impressed

I toured this community while looking into memory care options for a loved one. I was not impressed at all by what I saw here, and I would recommend other families avoid it.

Not impressed with the Lenox On The Lake!

Not impressed with the Lenox On The Lake!