Laurel Place - Port Angeles, WA

Laurel Place - Port Angeles, WA has yet not published prices.

A literal PIG sty!

Honestly, searching for the right place for a loved one is overwhelming. I was promised a good experience here and I was disappointed (to say the least)! There was LITERALLY a pig running wild through the building when I stopped in unannounced. I later found out that it belonged to someone on the staff, let alone someone in “management”! From what I gather the care staff and people that actually spend time with the patients mean well and they are trying to make things better for the patients but the people they call “management” are a joke. Completely unprofessional, the building is disgusting with air fresheners perched every few feet down the halls to mask the smell. I had heard that this building was getting better, but from what I see, I will keep my family far away!

One great grandma here and a grandma moving in!

We moved my husband's 96 year old great grandmother to Laurel Place in August of 2016 and she is currently still there. I am there every other day, if not every single day. Sometimes I just pop in really quickly to drop items off or I stay and attend some of the activities. Laurel Place Staff is very friendly however I wish that the newer staff would be more confident in speaking up to the family and residents and be more welcoming to them. It's always a great idea to introduce themselves and get to know the residents and their families. However some of the staff have become more like family to us. The ones who are more involved are absolutely amazing and we couldn't be happier! Laurel Place is very accommodating with whatever needs and wants our great grandmother has. They are very patient and extremely respectful. I full heartedly believe we chose the best assisted living in our area. I am also a firm believer in being a proactive advocate as well so I am very involved. The activities are getting better and better. There is no perfect place and they have sure had their change in directors but we know that our great grandma is safe, respected and well cared for when we can't be there. We really appreciate the chef and all he does to appease our great grandmother. He is so very patient and kind and goes above and beyond. He deserves more help and pay I am sure, but he has such a great attitude and it shows through his food. I wish I made turkey as good as he does! Laurel Place has been so great that we are currently in the process of moving my 93 year old grandma from Missouri to Laurel Place so we can have her closer to us. Laurel Place is an amazing support system for us and we appreciate them so much!

Wonderful Care Staff

My Dad has been at Laurel Place in Port Angeles about a year and a half. He also spend a few months there a couple of years ago and that was the reason for the return when he could no longer live alone.
The care staff there are outstanding. I really can't say enough good things- they go well above 'the job' and really give personal attention and care. They would talk, joke, help and give my Dad the feeling of home and family. I've seen other facilities, and that wasn't the case.
It is really the people they have working there, the day-to-day people that do the actual work.

My Dad passed away there a few days ago, he could stay there as his condition progressed and they were so caring and so helpful to him. Always with dignity for him, he was never 'just a client'. I feel the same way they treated me. I was there 2-3 times a day and they would always thank me for what I was doing and talking over any concerns they had and just plain wanting the best for him.

Thank you again, I would highly recommend this for your family.

Offering Care That Is Needed

My mom is doing just fine being in this community. So far I have been quite happy with their services offered for my mom.

A relatively small community!!

This clean community is up on the side of a hill. It just did not seem like a friendly place. You have to already have an established doctor as it is hard to get a doctor over there. The ceiling was not high enough by the pool table to play.

Review of Laurel Place - Port Angeles, WA

Pleasant and encouraging during phone interview but harsh and unwelcoming at facility interview. My Mom said she would not live there with someone so mean. Our impression was it was unnecessarily rude.

amazing activities program

Wonderful caring staff, beautiful building and an amazing activities program

"Home Like" and Comfortable

The staff here at Laurel Place are always so wonderful to work with. The residents are always doing something fun, and smiling. They do a great job making it feel so "home like" and comfortable.

Review of Laurel Place - Port Angeles, WA

Two of my loved ones have been at Laurel Place since June 2015 & July 2015. The entire staff has been so wonderful --- kind, gracious, helpful, polite, professional - and fun!

Wonderful!!!

I've had a wonderful experience at Laurel Place. My mother lived there for many years and recently passed away there on hospice. The staff was so caring and compassionate not only to my mother during this time but to me and my family as well. They took amazing care of her while she lived there. There were wonderful activities and outings and the care there is top notch. I would recommend Laurel Place to anyone who is looking for a place for their loved ones.