The sales manager only spoke to me (the son) in a low voice and rarely spoke directly to my mother. We had to wait for lunch, only 30 min, but the sales mgr left us alone in the lobby. When I asked about VA benefits he became irritated and said that if I asked another question about VA he would get up and leave. He was very rude and disrespectful. Not one staff member came by and spoke to us while we were there. Only one client welcomed us. Very disappointed. My mother felt very slighted by the sales manager. Also the elevator smelled like someone mopped the floor with a mildew mop.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit. This type of experience is not the kind that we want anyone to receive in our community. Your review has been forwarded to the management team to address. If you are willing to give us another chance, please reach out to us at [removed] to speak to our manager directly.

Outstanding Care for mom

This is a great community for good care. The staff are nice and friendly. The community is clean and beautiful. The menu is really good and alot of healthy meals are offered for the residents to choose from. I like that she is participating with the other residents. I have recommened others to this community for the care of a loved one.

Tour for care

I liked this tour and was happy that they would be able to give the care that is needed. The community was very clean. We did like the list of the many activities to help the residents participate. Families might want to consider a tour of this community for the care of a family member for a care and a good value

Very Big Lovely Community

This a very big lovely community. It is like a resort style community. They keep the community very well-kept, it looks beautiful. This is more of Independent living. I would say this community would be good for a younger senior, but if you need some care this is not the place. They charge extra for any care your loved one would need. It wasn't the community for my friend.

My Friend Is comfortable Here

Everything is going very well for my friend here at this community. They are caring for him very well. I know he is safe and in good hands. He really likes it here and have adjusted well to it. We had a little problem with the billing, but that has since been worked out. The staff is very kind and considerate. They are very aware what he is doing and where he is at. He is comfortable here and I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

Very new here, but so far feels wonderful!

My parents have not actually moved in yet, but have their cottage keys and are starting the move in process, eaten a few meals here and worked with the maintenance man, Jeff on a few things. Las Palmas staff have been very accommodating. Jeff has painted two accent walls in the cottage with the color that Mom and Dad chose and installed a ceiling fan in the bedroom. He has been very helpful and friendly.
The managers serve coffee at the meals which is very welcome.
The main building is attractive and feels like a nice mix of home and resort. Puzzles are available for folks who like to work on them together, a small library with a magnifier, beauty salon, health care services, chapel, dining room, mailboxes, activity room....
The community pool has restrooms adjacent and is nice and warm - 90 degrees!
The grounds are attractive.
All in all, I believe my parents will be happy here!

Great Ambassador Program

Las Palmas has a very good ambassador program. I was greeted by Billy, then she introduced me to everyone. It helped me feel right at home. I even met someone who grew up in the area I did!

Introduction

My only complaint is that there was no initiative to introduce my mother to the other residents. She was left on her own to meet people.

mom

This is a wonderful place and offers many things for everyone. I do wish they would appoint a person (like a big sister/brother) for the first week or two to show the new person around and help them become familiar with everything that is offered and all of the additional rooms and activities in the building.

OK

When we were told the apartment was ready, it was not. The day we started moving in the painting had not been completed ( it never did get finished); the rug was to have been cleaned; did not happen. The rug was vacuumed but it was obvious it did not get steam cleaned or any other system. Was somewhat disappointing but the next day it was "Done" according to those in charge. The above remained the same as the day before. They said they would take care of it (maintenance folk). Manager agreed it would get done.

Very pleasant experience

Everything is going just great. We love the staff, the building, and everything about the place. We moved him in not too long ago and this has been a very pleasant experience. Thank you.

I'm very happy with them so far.

I'm very happy with them so far. I think if there was anything they could improve, it would be that the food could use improvement from time to time. It's great sometimes, but can be a little inconsistent. The orientation for a new person, could have been more concise. I think the efficiency of intake was great, and Gayla the marketing person did a fantastic job. I never felt rushed and she answered all my questions. It's spotless and really well cared for. She got a great place for the price. The other residents seem to be very friendly, everyone was overwhelmingly enthusiastic about the place. She loves the hairdresser, it's great.

nice pool

Las Palmas has a nice pool. It has been a really good experience. The facility is clean. The staff there are very friendly. I don't have anything that I would mention that needs improving here. We are really pleased.

Lovely facility and units. Nice surroundings. I like that the Holiday Retirement Company offers the travel option to stay at their other properties.

5+!

We think this place is great! Everything has gone exceedingly well here, my Mom loves it! The people who live here are all very friendly, and Mom has already made a lot of new friends. In the community she was in previously she'd just sit in her room all day, but at Las Palmas she is out and about all day! The facility itself is beautiful, clean, and well kept, and the staff do a great job taking care of the people who live here. I'd highly recommend it, we couldn't be happier!

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for our loved ones. This seemed like a nice place overall, the facility itself was very well kept and clean. However, I got the impression that the manager was not experienced in the service industry. During the tour he said we should step in to the model unit to talk, since the residents were always "bothering" him during tours. I'd prefer somewhere that put the needs of the current residents before the sales process.

Nice place, overall

We toured this facility when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place. It was clean and well maintained, and had a nice layout. It seemed like the place had a cheery, friendly atmosphere, and the woman who gave the tour was very nice.

A good choice for Palm Coast

The building and grounds are attractive and well maintained. The apartments are quiet and well kept. Cable television is included in the rent. The food is good and plentiful, but not very interesting and lacking in variety. It is a friendly place. Lots of very nice people live here. There is a wine and cheese evening, regular movie nights, and some gaming opportunities like bingo and cards, but not much in the way of good entertainment coming in from the outside. The on-site health services are minimal, but this is "independent living," not "assisted living." The idea is leisurely retirement living for people who are still relatively healthy. In sum, a good choice for those in Palm Coast, but the food and entertainment would need to be improved to truly get your money's worth.

Services not what we expected.Food qu...

Services not what we expected.Food quality is poor and food service is extremely slow.Waitresses have to bus tables before serving entree.Housekeeping poor. Absence of any effective and aggressive management. No one seems to be in charge. Many residents are considering leaving this facility. A beautiful designed and appointed facility,but poor management will hasten a declining reputation that is touted in the brochures. Rates charged are too high for what services are provided. Too many residents using walkers and can hardly make it to the dining table. The resident population looks more like that of an assisted living facility. Lack of recreation program requiring some physical activity is very limited as a result.

It's great on everything, but the food. The food is terrible!

It's great on everything, but the food. The food is terrible! It's not prepared right, and it's so bad, that we may have to move. When we came and toured, we ate there three times and it was great. The chef left and they hired a new chef and everyone complains. They need to pay for a better chef. The portions are so small, it's not enough, and she doesn't eat that much to start with. The place is clean and the people are great. The rooms are nice, but there is no room for a kitchen or anything to cook on, even for an emergency. They serve breakfast by eight o' clock and that's too early, then lunch is at 12:30 and dinner is at 5:30 and they are much to close together. Everyone complains about it, and they don't seem to care to fix it.

For what you get, this is a deal!

For the price, this is a great value! The housekeeping and maintenence is great! There are lots of activities and things to do! Also, the food is good! From a chef's standpoint, we're happy with it! However, it would be nice if the meals were a little more flexible. The meal times are set, and if you miss it, you miss it. It might be nice if they had some small items out for grazing, such as cereal or fruit. They do have coffee out all day though. We are also very happy with the doctor that comes in. My loved one likes him very much and it's much easier than trying to make an appointment. They also have a hair salon on site! The living quarters are great. My loved one has a very nice little apartment with a patio that overlooks the woods. It's very comfortable and very nice. If you're fairly independent, this works really well - and for what you get, this is a deal!

The staff is wonderful. They are working with us on price, and the price is fair. Overall I think they are pretty good. The food isn't great, when I've eaten there it's been fine, I think the cook recently changed. They were extremely helpful and nice. They explain everything, I didn't even have to ask a bunch. The communication is very good. There are two sets of couples that live on the site, and know everybody and they are the managers. I really like it there, they are clean and friendly and the residents are friendly.

Food and activities need to improve

It's a pretty good place, a lot of friendly people. The food could be a lot better and the activities could be better, more. They really don't have a good variety with food and the preparation of the food is not what you'd expect, a lot of people have complained about the food. Last night they served macaroni and cheese for dinner with crumbled bacon on top and you couldn't taste the cheese, they're cutting the corners on some things. Some things are very good, every once in awhile you come across something good.
The activities are kind of sparse, all day today really there's nothing going on. In the last couple of days all 3 things were canceled and nothing was really scheduled for this afternoon, so that needs to be improved on.

A Great Place for Mom

I highly recommend Las Palmas as an independent living "home." Everyone has been so wonderful, caring, committed and welcoming, it made the choice for Mom very easy. The food is delicious with ample portions at every meal including being able to choose from a variety of entrees. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure everyone is well taken care of regardless of how simple or difficult the request or need may be. This was a great choice for us and we are grateful for the hospitality afforded our family during the transition for our mom who is a recent widow. They assisted with all our needs from budget, to decorating, painting, etc. They helped Mom to acclimated to a community style living and she is adjusting nicely. We are very pleased with everything Las Palmas has to offer. Thank you.

Got a great deal

My father in law really likes it, we've been trying to get him to move closer to us but he's signed into some contract until 2016 and he's got a really good rate. He's renting a house there and the house he has is a two bedroom, kitchen, living room and it has a garage. He still gets around pretty good but I don't think he participates too much but they do have a lot of activities like they have bands and groups come in and sing and they have bingo. A lot of these places have a lot of activities but it's up to them to really participate.

Located in the beautiful community of Palm Coast, you’ll love our comfortable new facility, beautiful grounds and friendly staff. We’re also conveniently close to shopping, dining, healthcare and wonderful entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind