Grand Villa of DeLand - DeLand, FL

Very nice place. good lunch

Nicki Jones

Thank you s much for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your lunch and our active, vibrant community. We look forward to seeing you again soon and being a part of your journey!

Grand Villa of De Land is a welcome home facility!

I have researched and visited many facilities in Florida to find the best place for my 91 year old sister. Grand Villa of De Land beats the competition by a mile! You know as soon as you enter the facility and are greeted by the concierge that you are welcome. It is difficult to place someone you love in a care facility but the transition was smooth and easy because of the caring folks at Grand Villa. I was very impressed by the cleanliness and the ratio of staff to residents. My sister was treated with respect and dignity and was integrated into the facility like she was a member of the family. The staff goes out of their way to plan activities that keep the residents active and motivated. I also found that pricing was very fair and was in several cases less than some of the other facilities I had visited. I highly recommend Grand Villa of De Land!

Clint Dockery

Thank you so much for your wonderful description of your family’s experience at Grand Villa of DeLand. We are so grateful to have our community’s leadership and team in place at Grand Villa, not only verbalize our culture of “Looks like Home. Feels like Family.” But demonstrate it also in their actions.

Once again, thank you; and we are appreciative that you chose our community, we know there are many options.

Sincerely,
Michelle Hanner, Executive Director
Grand Villa of DeLand

Nicki Jones

Thank you Lorraine! You and your family mean the world to us and we are truly blessed that you are a part of ours.

The Remodeled Community

The community was very nice and excellent from what we saw on the tour. However, they were not within the budget. They would have been his first choice. It was remodeled and it looked like a beautiful place. The food was good and staff were nice.

Fully Staffed Community, Love One is Well

This is a lovely community, and my love one is doing very well since her move to this community. They are providing her with great care, and we are pleased with all they have done for us. They are fully staff, and are very attentive towards their residents. We know she is safe, and in good hands. Overall this is a lovely community, and I would recommend it.

Fancy Community

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. My tour went well overall, but I did not feel this was the right fit for my mother. The community looked very, and fancy. The staff was friendly. I did find other community that suited our needs better.

Very nice and had a lot of good amenities, but I think too large of a facility for my dad. I think he would be overwhelmed.

Very nice, resort feeling atmosphere, a lot of walking, and I feel its not for everyone. No "zen" areas on properties, they have a nice pool area and lots of activities for the residence.

Tour and comfort

We toured this community for care. the staff was nice and caring. The staff was outstanding. and able to answer the questions on the care that was given. They offer a nice menu and there is a list of nice activities. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one for the value and the care.

A wonderful place to enjoy your golden years

Whoever said “hind sight is 20/20” was absolutely correct. If I knew then what I know now I would have never wasted six months of my Mothers Golden years searching for a “forever Home”.
Three facilities later my family and I settled on the wonderful accommodations and amenities offered by Grand Villa, Deland.
From day one Mom was treated with the dignity and respect we all expect and look for in an assisted living facility offering a Memory Care Unit.
To further put your mind at ease the Memory Care Unit is locked down to prevent any residents from wandering out of the facility. Within the locked down area on the ground level, residents have the freedom to wander out into the courtyard with no concern of getting lost.
Although Mom choses to be left out of some or most of the daily activities she is prompted by the activities director to join the other residents more than once every day.
After only three days at Grand Villa, Deland my siblings and I celebrated Moms’ 95th birthday in the facilities private dining room. While we were setting up the room one of the kitchen staff asked if we needed anything. I suggested coffee would be nice. Within minutes she returned with a Pot of coffee with all the “fixins”. Before the party was over she came back with a second pot.
As soon as you enter the facility you are greeted by the most accommodating receptionists I’ve ever encountered. I explained I needed to make multiple trips back to my car to get all the party stuff for my Moms’ Birthday party. She offered the use of one of the luggage carriers. That gesture of hospitality saved me three trips to the car.
The maintenance staff set up Moms room exactly the way we wanted it, down to the pictures and photos on each wall. When Mom walked into her room for the first time, she knew something was a little different but as soon as she recognized her furniture and the pictures on the wall she settled in.
The nursing staff keeps me up to date on Moms’ health and personal needs. Along with medication management they assist mom with her daily hygiene in her own private bathroom and shower.
The housekeeping staff keep her room neat and clean along with the laundering of her personal clothing.
Last but not least, I would like to thank the Sales and Leasing staff and the business office personnel for tailoring a package for mom that met all of our monthly financial goals and included the level of personal care she needs.
Mom wants to live to be 100 and I feel she will easily achieve her goal due to the one-on-one care and compassion provided by the Grand Villa, Deland Staff. And one last thing, she loves the food!
And, one more last thing. Using my hind sight, if you ever see an invitation for an “Open House” At Grand Villa, Deland for new residents, be sure to attend. During those events the leasing staff may have some financial offers for a limited number of families or loved ones who sign up for residency.
The Schubert Siblings

Very clean and upscale. Atmosphere is extremely friendly. Up to date technology for medical and emergency care. Worth the costs is if it is the budget.

Great Facility, My Parents are Doing Well

My parents are doing well with their move to this community. It is a very nice facility, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. Everything is working out very well. They have a very good staff at this community. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. When I visit their room, and the community are nice, and clean. My parents are very pleased with the meals. This is a community I would recommend, it is a great facility.

Thank you Grand Villa Staff!!!

The staff at Grand Villa was so helpful in helping us make the transition for Dad. They made a very stressful situation bearable. The care and attention he has received since he has moved in has been more than I could have ever expected.

Getting better!

The community is newer and the staff have a little work that needs to be done, but all in all we are happy and so are my in laws. If we have any problems we just let them know and they are quick to resolve it. They are helpful and nice. My in laws also like the meals and the dining experience and have even started getting involved with some of the activities.

Outstanding!!

This is a converted motel. It is a nice assisted living community. The rooms are nice and the staff I met were knowledgeable. This community is a little pricy.

Sad!

Memory care unit here is horrible! Please do not put your loved one here! Director of memory care unit does not seem qualified to be the director and does NOT address or handle any of the families concerns or complaints. Promises are made to improve yet no improvements seen!
When I mention to anyone that my loved one was here everyone had the same response around town and has heard how horrible the care is here and how under staffed they are. Staff that is there I have witnessed being on their phones instead of paying attention to the residents. Rumor also is there is no over night staff. If this is true the residents are on the 2nd floor over night and could get locked out of their rooms. Key entry elevator from 1st to 2nd floor could be a Hazzard I have been on the 2nd floor with my loved one and waited a long time for someone to come let us down. No one was on the 2nd floor with the residents there if something happened.
My loved one got very ill and lost alot of weight over a few short months. Family had to tell staff to call for help when medical attention was needed and only then were the paramedics called. All staff seems under trained!!!
No interaction with residents or attempts made to try to accommodate their familiar routines or to try to stimulate their minds. Basically sit them in rooms to stare at the walls or tvs!!!

Healthy Meals !!

The meals provided for my loved one have been delicious, they have lots of healthy choices and they are well proportioned. The nursing care has also been wonderful they are always checking in on my dad and making sure his needs have been met.He is very satisfied in his new living environment.

Absolute bedlam

Sure Grand Villa is nice and new and they sure can sell it, but having your loved one living in memory care is sickening. They have been open since February and the employee turnover rate is astounding. The saleswoman who promised us all sorts of great things has left. She really pretended to care, too.
Let's get real here. There is no "state of the art" memory care. The computer offering brain fitness sits in a corner untouched. The 2nd floor activity is to sit in front of the TV. Life stations are a joke. They park the walkers in fron of one of them. The hard working aides are overworked and understaffed. The aides also do laundry and serve meals. Speaking of meals, our loved one lost over 25 lbs and we seemed to be the only ones concerned about it. Residents are checked off for attending meals but no one notes what they eat or has time to help them eat.
The last time we visited there was an altercation in the TV room. N touched L's walker. L slammed the walker into N's shins. N picked up a chair to hit L. Meanwhile in the other room a new resident is yelling"Help me. Help me." constantly. It was like being stuck in an asylum. There are residents who are known hitters. There are others that pace constantly. It agitates the rest of the residents.
Once we had to tell an aide it had started to rain and there was a resident asleep out on the patio.
I have found residents stuck in the elevator at least 3 times. The elevator only works with a pass key that only staff have. If you have to place your loved one here be prepared to constantly watch over them and their care. Look for bruises , expect UTI's and weight loss. In spite of trying to work with management we only lasted a few months. We never got the care we were told we would get. I agree with the other 1 star reviews. DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE IN GRAND VILLA MEMORY CARE.

Very Lovely Community

This is a lovely community. I was very impressed with my tour. Everything looks great, this is a beautiful community. Everybody was very kind and helpful. They have a lovely staff here. This a community I would like to move to when I get older. They have a great memory care program here.

What I noticed!

They offer a variety of activities at Grand Villa. They have happy hour, music, people come in to entertain and they take trips out to lunch. The food is not the best as it seems like institutional food. The staff are very friendly, helpful and encourage dad to participate in the activities. I would recommend this community.

Not for us.

The community at Grand Villa of Deland was nicely kept and well maintained from the exterior. The staff meant well and were friendly during our meeting. It was a difficult time for our family and we needed additional support. The community was not the right fit for us at the time.

MEMORY CARE IS NOT GOOD!!!!

I could write a novel about our experience with Grand Villa Deland Memory Care, but I’ll try to be short and to the point. My advice is DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE IN THE GRAND VILLA MEMORY CARE FACILITY. The employees who care for the patients are, for the most part, sincere, kind, and caring. However, the facility is extremely under staffed for even mediocre care. Our mother had fallen several times and was sent to the local ER with no reported reason. She acquired many cuts and skin tears that each required several weeks of home healthcare assistance (as well as several contusions). My mother received no assistance with eating meals. There is an extreme lack of communication between staff members, as well as, staff and family. Several times we would visit and could not find one staff member on the floor… and counted more than twenty patients without supervision – scary! The list could go on and on. To move mom would be traumatic and exhausting for her, but after meeting with three different Executive Directors with no resolution, we decided to do so. Our mother is now cared for at a wonderful placed with plenty of care… she is now eating well, her wounds are healing, and everything is so much better!
Here are some thoughts if Grand Villa Deland Memory Care is on your list as an option for your loved one:
Anyone can visit at anytime… show up unexpectedly (early, late, meal times, etc.) and observe the ratio of caregivers to residents. Look for recent injuries that patients may have. Spend some time there and see if patients are sitting alone for long periods of time with no interaction.
Elevators are locked, so ask staff to allow you to go upstairs then see how many patients are wandering the halls with absolutely no supervision.
Ask about the qualification of the caregivers and the turn-over rate.
Inquire about the protocol for medical advice and emergencies… we understood there is an RN on staff; even with my mother’s injuries we never met the nurse.
Unfortunately, we did not have an opportunity to evaluate the care prior to mom moving-in… the facility was brand new and the promises were many. We stayed for 3 months hoping for improvement, but it never happened.
I cannot stress enough, my advice is DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE IN THE GRAND VILLA MEMORY CARE FACILITY.
I wish you the best with locating a good home for your loved one.

Loving the new management!

The perks of this place are-it's clean, caregivers and it's a beautiful property. A few months ago I was contiplating moving my Aunt out but now with the new manager they have running the place things are improving! Not to mention she is a caring and dedicated person! Definitely recommend to everyone I know looking for a place for their loved one!

Would Recomend

My mom was one of the first handful of residents here. I visit often and the staff and management are always so pleasant and answer all of my questions. There has been a few changes in management but for the better. Anytime I have a concern management is able to ease my mind and make my mom happy here.

Stay Clear

In order to help others to not go through what we went through, do not place a relative or loved one in Grand Villas of Deland! We recently moved ours out of the memory care unit due to excessive injuries, lack of personal hygiene care (as was promised on the contract), lack of assisting with eating meals (as was promised in the contract), and lack of any personal attention to the resident.

The sales team is really good at selling, but that is as far as any professionalism goes there. Although a good sales person wouldn't sell something they know is not healthy, but that is another story.

Management is struggling with providing direction. The management team should not be allowed to even run a hotdog stand so not sure how they got into the positions they are in.

It's very favorable. It's great for my mom. She's very independent, and this is a fantastic fit for her. It's a transitional community. It's a brand new community, and it's beautiful. The staff is extremely friendly, and can talk to you for hours! I'd recommend this community for people that are still independent.

wish i was 100% satisfied

My mom has been residing at the Grand villa for a month. I wish i could say I'm 100% satisfied. Since she moved in there has been a new executive director, a new memory care director and another activities director. My mom was not receiving the assistance promised at first, I've had to make numerous calls to follow up on our agreement of care. After having a meeting with the above mentioned directors things started to improve but still not perfect and that is what i expect, perfection. Mom is being cared for with compassion by the staff but some of hed needs haven't been met on a regular basis. We're working on that daily.
However, when a dementia patient is lost in their own world it makes no difference to that individual but it does to the family.
On a positive note the memory care director, Jordan, has been my main connection at the Grand villa and she goes beyond her day to be sure she keeps me on top of everything.

Welcome to Grand Villa of DeLand. Our beautiful, fully renovated resort style assisted living and memory care community in DeLand, Florida, offers the best in senior living lifestyles! Our community offer wonderful features and amenities to help our residents get the most out of each day.

Grand Villa offers various lifestyle options, including Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Respite Care. Residents only pay for the services they need and use. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers fine dining, housekeeping, 24-hour care staff, a wide variety of activities, and much more.

Our home-like environment is welcoming and inviting, with many activity choices available each day. Whether parties, classes, lectures, or excursions, there is always an entertaining and engaging option. Resident favorites at Grand Villa include exercise classes, painting lessons, and enjoying the beautiful Florida climate at our resort-style pool.