We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Complimentary Transportation
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- Resident Parking Available
Retirement is your time... Make the most of it!
Bishop's Glen Retirement Community is known for its reputation for excellence, and has been voted "Best Around" in the local newspaper, The Daytona Beach News Journal, for 20 years. And, residents move here based on the suggestion of their friends, and family.
Come experience the friendliness of our Bishop's Glen neighborhood. Here, freedom is what it's all about...... No more cooking, cleaning, or caring for the house! You will have a chef, a chauffer, a housekeeper, a maintenance man, and even more....
Bishop's Glen is a non-profit rental community, located on a twenty five acre campus, and offers apartment style living, and many levels of care; from Independent Living.... to the highest level of Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Care...All in One Community! Our campus is perfect for couples to remain close as they age.
Discover Bishop's Glen, a proven community that provides what you need, when needs change, and you can remain among friends. Our Bishop's Glen staff is available to keep you safe and to offer assistance 24 hours a day.
Come discover our community and find out why you would like to call Bishop's Glen "home" today!
Holly Hill is located in beautiful Volusia County, Florida. Unlike its neighboring communities, Daytona Beach and Ormond Beach, its city limits are located entirely on the mainland, not the area across from the Halifax River known as a barrier island. The small community consists of 4.5 square miles including land and water. The historic rivertown is home to many businesses with many of interest to senior citizens.
Volusia County is comparable in size to its Sister City, Bayonne, France.
- Walkability Score: 57, meaning that the city is somewhat walkable, though many errands require the use of a car
- Population: The community's total population at the time of the 2010 U.S. Census was 11,659 people with 21.2% being 65 years of age or older.
- Average Age of Residents: 42 years old
- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the Area: Holly Hill has 5 different options for senior care and assisted living facilities for seniors to choose from.
- Average Weather Conditions: The average temperature even during the colder weather months of the year is 60 degrees Fahrenheit. The most precipitation the city sees is in the month of May with 6.6 inches.
Holly Hill offers many transportation options for seniors including discounted bus fare, train fare, taxi cabs, rideshare options, and even a nearby airport.
- Buses. Votran is Volusia County's Public Transportation System. It services Daytona Beach, Southeast Volusia County, and West Volusia County. All buses are bicycle-friendly and wheelchair accessible. A single fare ride for seniors over 65 years old with proper ID such as a driver's license, a government issued ID card or Medicare card is $0.85. A 31-Day pass offers the most savings for seniors and costs $23.00 for unlimited rides.
- Trains. The Daytona Beach Amtrak Station is located two miles away from the city center.
- Taxis. Daytona Beach-based taxi cab services include Classi Taxi & Shuttle, Inc., Tri Starts Taxi, Kings Transportation Group, Inc., Daytona Beach Taxi Cab, Southern Komfort Taxi, DBTC Taxi Cab Services, Orange Cab Global, Yellow Cab Co. & Crown Limousine, Diamond Taxi and Shuttle, All In Transportation, Daytona Taxi, Aristocrat Daytona Taxi, DO Shuttle, A1A Ocean Drive Transport & Limo, Friendly Cab, and Diamond Taxi and Shuttle.
- Rideshare. Seniors can use Uber or Lyft for ridesharing purposes. They can access the companies' apps on their smartphone.
- Airports. Daytona Beach International Airport is located 4.3 miles away from Holly Hill.
Health and Safety
Holly Hill senior resident is well-covered in the event of accident or illness because there are five medical centers and hospitals in Daytona Beach.
- Hospitals in the Area: Local hospitals and medical centers include Florida Hospital Medical Memorial Center, Halifax Health Medical Center, Select Specialty Hospital-Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach VA Outpatient Clinic, and Halifax Hospital.
- Crime Rate in Holly Hill: According to Florida averages, Holly Hill's crime rate is 106% higher than the state's average. It is 126% higher than the national average. Instances of violent crime, theft, assault, and property crime were considered in the total average for the city.
Sports and Leisure
There are plenty of ways to stay physically active in Holly Hill with one golf course, seven tennis courts/clubs, and one gym.
- Golf Courses Near By: Seniors can play golf at TheGolfHub.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs Near By: Daytona Beach is home to City Island Tennis Center, Florida Tennis Center, Bayshore Bath & Tennis Club, Oceans Racquet & Recreation Club, and Derbyshire Park. Ormond Beach Tennis Center and Trails Racquet Club are located in Ormond Beach.
- Gyms Near By: Seniors are welcome at the Holly Hill Family YMCA where there is state-of-the-art equipment for cardio and strength, group exercise studios, cycling studios, and an outdoor pool.
Shopping and Entertainment
Seniors are able to purchase groceries and other necessities at any of the city's four grocery stores.
- Grocery Stores: Seniors can buy food, beverages, and other household necessities at Save-a-Lot, Laziza International Food, Publix, and Winn-Dixie.
- Other Restaurants: Places to eat in Holly Hill include Hungry Howies, Sonic of Holly Hill, Casa De La Abuela, Woody's Bar-B-Q, Chucherias Hondurenas, Sunsetters, Sorentos, Chez Paul, and The Sandwich Shop.
- Movie Theaters: Seniors can take advantage of discounted movies at Paragon Ocean Walk 10 and Cinematique of Daytona. Food and wine are available at both cinemas.
- Libraries: Daytona Beach is home to the Daytona Beach Regional Library, John H. Dickerson Heritage Library, Volusia County Public Library, Braille & Talking Book Library, and Jack R. Hunt Memorial Library.
- Senior-Friendly Salons: Clippers Barber Shop provides services to seniors.
- Attractions: Some of the best places for seniors to visit in Holly Hill include the 1949 Merci Train, Centennial Park, and the Riviera Oaks Dog Park.
Holly Hill has nine nearby churches and one Islamic center within a few miles from it.
- Religious Facilities Nearby: Churches located in the city include Church of Christ Holy Hill, United Brethren in Christ, Trinity Lutheran Church, Faith Baptist Church, New Heights Community Church, Flomich Baptist Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Living Faith World Ministries, and the Salvation Army. The Islamic Center of Daytona Beach is located a few miles away from Holly Hill in Daytona Beach.