Las Brisas - San Luis Obispo, CA

20 years ago my motherlived in this facility, she loved it!!! Now my friend [Name removed] lives in Las Brisas. She is content, and has made friends. She likes the games they play. However she does not like the food. I’ve eaten with her frequently, and I find the food delicious.

I liked it here too and the people seemed younger than those at the [location removed].

I like it here a lot

I live here currently and everything is going well. I chose it specifically because there was no traffic nearby. The community is up on a ridge and it’s pretty quiet. I’m on the fourth floor and I have a balcony and I really just get to do what I want to do. The weather is great, especially since I came from the coast. I like it, the meals are great, and I couldn’t ask for more. There are a lot of options for food and they change every day. It’s real good. The staff has been very friendly. The facility is kept pretty clean from what I can tell and housekeeping comes once a week to clean the apartment, make the bed, and do the linens. They provide tons of activities like poker, bridge, bingo, current events talks, Wii bowling, and botchy ball. So they have quite a few inactive ones other than active ones. I would recommend them.

Nesstled Into The Mountains

I never thought I would be happy other than living with my daughter but once I toured this community and saw what they offered I wanted to live here. Moving here has literally changed my whole life I am so happy living here I never want to leave. I have a wonderful apartment that has a gorgeous view. You are treated with respect and given the opportunity to live your life on your terms but with the security of knowing you have helped if needed. The staff is wonderful here so nice and friendly and happy. I have used and will continue to use the beauty shop she is wonderfully better than what I have ever had in the past. The food is great here what a wonderful chef.

Top notch senior living

Beautiful facility, friendly, helpful caring staff

Love living here. Meals are fine and servers/housekeepers are wonderful.

Another Place To Be Happy

My friend was living at this community before and she was very happy there. They made her an ambassador to greet the new residents. She enjoyed having that position.

Going Good But Waiting For Some Fixtures

So far it is going pretty good for my mom. She is satisfied with the activities they provide for the residents. She complains about the meals and they can improve on making better food. There has been a few things we have requested to be fixed and it has not yet be repaired.

I think overall it's been a very good experience.

I think overall it's been a very good experience. The staff has been very friendly to me. There haven't been any hidden fees, nothing is perfect, there have been times when we have eaten and not been completely happy. They are very religious with getting the room clean and keeping the linens fresh. They have repainted and refreshed several areas of the community. They are really good about responding to any issues or questions that have been brought up. They are in the process of bringing in new live in assistants. There has been a lot of turnover in the staff, in the six months we have been there, they are very friendly and do a good job, but there is a lack of consistency. I feel like they always stop and give me their full attention when I see them or ask a question, but when she talks to them she says she feel like she is interrupting. They are good about upkeep and maintenance and even painted for us, but it's not always consistent, and it takes a bit of time to get something fixed, and you might have to tell them more than once. When the mail comes in and you don't have room for a package or magazine, it just gets laid on a table, and sometimes those things can get taken, it would be nice to have a way for them to keep them. Overall if anyone ever needs a place I always tell them to go here. A list of services, and amenities offered and how to access them would be wonderful.

excellent residence

The Initial interview and tour were excellent. I was not informed of the co-op fees until we were completing the rental agreement., Some of the initial provisions have not been done after a month in residency. The living experience has been very thus far.

So far, so good!

My mother-in-law is staying there; it's gone well so far and no complaints that I can think of.

Simply the best

I recently spent a week with my mom and stayed in her studio apartment. The food was gourmet level with great variety and generosity portions (very affordable for me as a guest). There were so many activities offered that we couldn't have participated in all of them. Those we did join were fun and well organized. The staff are very hard working and committed to excellence. What impressed me most was their genuine love and concern for each resident and guest. When staff in positions from housekeeper to head chef - and especially the resident managers - invite and act on feedback regularly, you know you are in a very special place. Special kudos to the activity director - the best I have ever met in any setting! I toured a couple of one bedroom apartments and was highly impressed by the varied layouts and great value for the price, especially for the location. Potential residents and staff are interviewed carefully to be sure that they will fit well in and contribute to a positive, encouraging environment. There just aren't enough superlatives for this place. We kids are satisfied that this the best possible place our mom could live.

They have done a great job so far

They have done a great job so far, I am really happy with it. It's really clean and the staff is very friendly. They are very responsive, and attentive to the residents and the family. They just got a new activities person, I have heard from some of the residents, that nobody shows up to the activities, or one or two people will, and they will cancel. I've heard that a lot of the residents would like to learn to use the computer. The food is really good, she raves about it all the time.

Like a cruise ship.

Its like being on a cruise ship. Food is the best. People great.

So far I love it love it, I am thrilled to death with it.

So far I love it love it, I am thrilled to death with it. The only thing is that I wish they had more outings, they do have activities but mostly it's cards. They are very, very, friendly. They treat you with dignity. The laundry room doesn't need coins, and it gives you a feeling that you are more in a community than a commercial place. The food is very good, the chef comes out before each meal and says this is on the menu and today I got a really good buy on strawberries so we are also gonna have strawberry waffles, or the spinach looked so good, and he talks to you about why he chose whatever it is. They keep them informed of what they are doing and why with everything.

Good Facility

They have everything from studios to 2 bedroom apartments to the cost varies depending on the size of the unit. My dad was in a studio and I thought the cost was a little high but the quality was good and the convenience was good for me. I had a lot of reason for putting him there but then he needed more care so I had to move him. As a facility, I think they do a really good job.

This came in a real close second. the...

This came in a real close second. the people were very friendly and very nice, the facilities were very nice. It was larger which is not really what we were looking for and we felt it was also a little remote so if you didn't have a car or if they didn't do transportation, you we're going anywhere. We did take my dad to see it though and he liked it.

Difficult moving in but good cleaning staff

The only reason I give them a four is because getting them moved in was very difficult because they only have one elevator and it was very tiny and you could only use it at certain times. But since then I think it's been pretty good, they seem to like t but I think it's too far away from family and they say they don't get to see family enough. They like going to dinner, but they're old, they're in their 90s. They like the food, I haven't heard anything bad about it and I think the care is fairly good because they have somebody that comes in and vacuums once a week and someone that changes the linens and they can hire a girl to come in for 13 dollars to do their laundry every week.

Only Good Things to Say

I saw 4 places and Las Brisas was the nicest of the places. The cost is not cheap but they cover everything - food, clothes, laundry, meals. We weren't even here yet and they invited us to come for Mother's Day brunch and they had lobster and some other things. It was very nice. I don't know about the activities. They haven't had too many. It's a very nice place. I only have good things to say.

My parents are moved into a lovely, l...

My parents are moved into a lovely, light one bedroom apartment. I think it is going to be great!

Perched on a hilltop overlooking the lights of San Luis Obispo, from our dining room you’ll enjoy stunning views of the Irish Hills and Madonna Mountain. Our caring and professional live-in managers want to make your time with us truly rewarding, and you’ll wish you’d found us sooner.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind