Kensington Park Senior Living - Kensington, MD

Beautiful facility. Lovely location, not too far from [Removed]. Wealth of information. I like the fact of not too many residents and the care available. Did not have a chance to visit with many residents over a meal, etc.

This is a great community

My sister and I really liked this community and the staff did a really great job showing us around, they took their time and they answered all our question. We thought that our mother would have done well here.
They had a lot of great amenities for their residents to choose from, the rooms were very nice but there was a waiting list. I would definitely recommend scheduling a tour here.

A very good tour!!

We really liked Kensington Park Senior Living. It was a very nice place and the person that took us around was very friendly. It smelled a lot nicer than the place my loved one was at before as well. It was a good experience to tour.

Kensing Park delivers

I was impressed by Kensington Park as soon as I opened the door. Both staff and residents were smiling and talking, a piano was playing in the background, and light was streaming in the sunroom. I ended up choosing Kensington Park assisted iiving for my husband and continue to be impressed by the quality of care, the friendly staff and the delicious meals. My husband is not given to superlatives, but on his second day pronounced the place amazing!

A friend's care

I toured this community and the staff was great on answering the questions we had for the care that is given. The community I found to be clean and I enjoyed this community. Families should tour for the care of a loved one.

Absolutely loved this facility. [Removed] was very detailed and informative. the facility is beautiful, clean and the staff seems very caring. The only draw-back here is that it is a little higher cost but I believe for a more personalized care.

Extraordinary Kensington Park

I saw a lot of places before I went to Kensington Park, but I clearly saved the best for last. The place is extraordinary all around. It's so hard to move a parent out of their home of 50 years; for me it was doubly daunting, because I live overseas, and I wanted to be able to leave my mother (who has Alzheimers) in a place where I knew she would be safe; would be cared for with dignity and kindness; where there would be targeted continuity of care for her in her Alzheimers journey; the food was good; and where there were activities that would keep her engaged and stimulated.
Kensington Park is absolutely amazing in all of the above. I am continually impressed with how genuinely kind and caring all staff are, from the people who clean rooms and serve meals up to the top management. They understand dementia & treat my mother with dignity, respect, and great patience. Everything is spotless, warm and welcoming. The rooms are peaceful, spacious & soundproof. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful. The activities are wonderful, and each house has specific activities targeted to engage the abilities of those in that house (e.g. Independent living, Assisted living, and Advanced Dementia). I cannot recommend KP highly enough! It stands head and shoulders above every other place I visited. At least go for a visit; you'll see right away why I chose it for my beloved mother. Thank you, Places for Mom, for helping me find it.

A Wonderful Community

This is lovely community, and everything has worked out very well. This is a great community with kind people. I'am satisfied with the care they are providing my father. He is doing well, and in good hands. This is wonderful, I'am pleased with my father's move here.

thank you, K.P.!

i have already submitted a response but Kensington Park is worthy of another- it is all I had hoped it would be to care for my husband Her is very happy there, and every service seems to be available to us for him.
Support for me is also a major part of their care program, and it has certainly been there as I have needed it through the whole process of selection, transition and current care. Our visitors have been very impressed as well!

Happy to have found Kensington Park

The first two weeks have been wonderful. The staff has been terrific in helping mom to settle in and adapt to a huge change. She is happy, busy and engaged. The personalized attention and care is more than we could have hoped for.

attentive, responsive, caring, and thoroughly professional

There have been no deficiencies. They have been attentive, responsive, caring, and thoroughly professional. My mom has only been in there for a little over a month so my experience is somewhat limited, but thus far I have been very impressed with Kensington Park Senior Living and would highly recommend them.

Friendly, very clean, and with a walk by the creek

First of all the staff was wonderful. Always helpful and friendly. They put up with very human behavior from their older clientele with good humor and kindness.

The place was also super clean. We used to eat in their dining hall every week and we'd pass our fingers, jokingly, along the woodwork, and there was never any dust, anywhere. Also there were always fresh flowers. It was a whole lot more luxurious and comfortable than our own homes.

The best part for my dad, as long as he could walk, was the path by the creek behind his building.

We love this community

They take personal pride in you as a person - you’re not just a cog in the wheel. It’s not about them, it’s about the person coming there. I thought the food was excellent. I was able to partake in at least two lunches. It’ was individually prepared – not a cafeteria style, stick it on a plate and that’s what you get. It didn’t come in a plastic container. You fell feel like you’re at a fine restaurant.

The option for laundry is available.

I love the whole setting. The setting is gorgeous. My mom is majorly alert. They are over cautious to protect for over medication. They listen to us. They weren’t set in their ways. I’m glad they worked with us rather than just enforcing rules.

High Expectations, Greater Delivery

I had helped an older friend find assisted living after a fall followed by nursing home rehab. We looked at Kensington Park initially because of its location, but a visit, tour, and interviews with staff made it clear that this was what we were looking for.

My friend has been there for two weeks now, and we could not be more pleased. Her physical and mental condition have markedly improved in this short time, even without the further physical therapy which is planned. This facility has exceeded our high expectations in every way.

The staff, from administration to hands-on caregivers, are unfailingly professional, helpful, friendly, and kind. The residents and staff are welcoming and inclusive, and the whole atmosphere is warm and cheerful, with plenty of socialization opportunities, and not unimportantly, good food as well.

Speaking as the non-resident friend, I especially appreciated that the staff expressed concern for me as well in what was a stressful time, and tried to take as much worry and work from me as they could. As the process of getting my friend settled went on, people there were just as helpful as they could be, and I am most grateful to them.

Loved the atmosphere and ma...

Loved the atmosphere and management. Goes to the top of my list.

Very pleased, with a few issues

This is a very nice looking place, I'd rate it higher than 5 for cleanliness if I could! It's also got very nice activities, a wide variety of things to do all throughout the day. The staff to resident ratio is higher than other places we've seen, and their response time is good.
One issue that we've had is that a majority of the care staff are not native English speakers, which can lead to difficulties in communication and a few cultural misunderstandings.
They could also use some training on a few basic things like using a shoe horn, and how to properly care for dentures. Things that may have been overlooked in their more specialized care training.

Beautiful community. Margar...

Beautiful community. Margaret Newman and Courtney were very professional and thorough! The residents were up and participating in activities. The prices were steeper than Mom's budget at almost $7,000/month for a shared apartment. The studio was $8200. I was impressed with this community and think Mom would be happiest there of all the places I have toured but the prices are a dealbreaker. I expressed this to Margaret, she will talk with the Exec Dir and get back to me tomorrow.

It was Perfect

We visited Kensington Park and it was perfect. The staff was friendly and the community was very clean and well maintained. Overall it was a great community.

Nice studio apt., close to where I wo...

Nice studio apt., close to where I work, $2500 entrance fee, 2 meals, weekly housekeeping

Toured. My favorite place and closest...

Toured. My favorite place and closest to my home. While a good fit for me, not necessarily for them. Also, price a little high with no subsidies. Will look at lower priced options.

Very good discussion and tour. Facili...

Very good discussion and tour. Facility appears very warnm and comfortable. Within the financial range. Requested a second tour. Only concern, not equipped to handle bed ridden patients.

While the apts and grounds are beauti...

While the apts and grounds are beautiful, I think we all felt the lack of activity and people. Almost too reclusive.

At Kensington Park Retirement Community, our services and setting are as unique as the residents we serve. Whether you are seeking Independent Living, Assisted Living, or Alzheimer’s/ Memory Care, Kensington Park is designed to provide an encouraging and comprehensive continuum of services.

Kensington Park is situated on eight acres in southern Montgomery County, distinguished by its beautiful park-like setting with mature oak trees, a rambling stream, colorful gardens, abundant bird life and walking paths surrounding Rock Creek Hills Park.

Although the care needs of our residents may change, our unique continuum is designed to promote an unsurpassed quality of life filled with energy, stimulation and compassion.

At Kensington Park, we are committed to providing a caring community which ensures an exceptional quality of life with emphasis on personalized service, family involvement and diverse programs.

Contact us today to schedule your personalized tour and learn why life here is just like a day in the park.