Joanna and Peter Care Home - Oregon City, OR

Understaffed facility

If your parent is a level 3 patient, do not place in this home. Joanna was given the opportunity to observe my mother at her facility prior to placement; either arrogance, greed or both, she didn't take the time and within days of Mom's arrival, Joanna made it quite clear how much of an inconvenience and how disruptive she was to the caregivers and other patients in the home. "All your mother wants to do is sit outside", what is the problem with her sitting outside, I asked. Joanna's response was she didn't have the staff available to accommodate Mom's request. Joanna was told of the need of 24 hour "watch" over my mother, yet Joanna complained of having to stay up at night because Mom wouldn't sleep. Joanna had numerous other complaints. Joanna impressed upon me that I better have Mom removed and move in with family as quickly as possible, as "she won't make it till the end of the month." Then Joanna had the nerve to charge an addition $1,375.00 because of the early removal.

Our Mom

Our Mom was a resident at this home and I must say the care is absolutely wonderful. The caregivers are so caring and engaged with the residents. It is as if they were their own family member. The owner and night time caregiver is an RN so it is very comforting to have her knowledge and caring for each resident. The home is spacious and extremely clean. The back yard is fenced and is nicely landscaped and welcoming for everyone who lives there. I can't say enough about how pleased we were with the care given to our mother. I would recommend this home for everyone who has a loved one they want loved and cared for with tenderness, skill and warmth.

- New construction home with 5 private rooms and ½ baths
- Lever 2 and level 3 exemption
- RH provider and primary care giver
- Night monitoring