Anakalia Estate - Milwaukie, OR

A wonderful care for my Gran'ma

Dear [Removed]

Thank You from the bottom of my heart for all of your beautiful loving care of MooMoo.
Your kindness and detailed care made her final years dignified, and I know, You all made her feel loved and special until the end. Thank You for treating her like the queen she was, and inviting her, and all of us, into your home, and family.
She adored all of you, as we all do, and I will forever be thankful for all of the meals you made her, playing music, and countless other gestures.
Thank You all and please keep in touch.
All my Love, [Removed]

Highest Possible Rating

When we could no longer care for my mother, we looked extensively for a place in the Milwaukie area for her. Anakalia drew our attention because its reviews were so outstanding. Among the several facilities we visited, it was also the clear standout—by such a margin, in fact, that we almost thought it was too good to be true. However, it’s now been a year since she moved in, and if anything, the stellar reviews don’t do justice to the level of care and compassion she’s received. Through close attention to her health and diet and close work with her physician and family, Michael, Andreea, Nina and George have helped improve and stabilize mom’s health at a level we hadn’t reached caring for her at home. Just as important, she’s happy, surrounded by loving community and social support, with all needs attended to. We could not be any more pleased with the professional services our family has received at Anakalia, and even better, we’ve gained dear friends we’ll have long after any business relationship concludes. Cheers to these folks; they’re amazing at what they do.

updated review

My mother has been living at Anakalia Estate for sixteen months now and is still being cared for in a professional, loving manner. She requires a high level of care and can be very difficult to deal with, but everyone at Anakalia has the experience necessary to meet her needs. Mom's physical state has actually improved due to the wonderful meals and attention she receives.
Anakalia Estate looks and feels like a private home. It is always scrupulously clean, warm, and welcoming. I never worry about my mother's safety or well being. I would give a ten star rating if I could!

Andreea Tanasa

Thank you so much for your feedback Julie!

Thankful for everything

It is impossible to express my sincere gratitude to each of you for the loving care you showered on Marr for the eleven plus months he was in your home.
Before he moved in, I thought it would feel strange to visit him at a place called a "foster care home". To my delight I was always to feel welcome, as rest of his family and friends. In spite of our many intrusions and the number of us, you were accommodating and very pleasant. We all remarked on how lovely his room was, and how neat and lovely the rest of your home and gardens were.
We felt so lucky to have discovered you.
At the first, Marr missed his salty, high-fat diet but soon came to enjoy the personalized good foods and home beverages prepared for him.Those meals, along with medications, supplements, and especially the wit and love that administered them, gave Marr a much longer and more comfortable life than could have expected.
It was comforting to know we didn't need to worry about him all those months, and now to know you were beside him as the passed away.
Thank you all for everything, including the open invitation to visit in the future.
I love you all. You are truly angels!
Nina you are precious, Andreea you are a jewel, Michael you are a good man, and George, You bring out the best in everyone.
What a wonderful family. God Bless You Always!!!

Amazing team

This facility with its personnel seems like they promote an art to medicine as well as science and their warmth, sympathy and understanding improve the life's quality of their Residents.
I noticed their respect for privacy of their patients and their knowledge and awesome responsibilities with care in matters of life and death.
I hope that they will have an opening pretty soon for my loved one.
Personally thanks to Andreea and Michael for their efforts.

Professional Care in a Home Setting

My mother has been living at Anakalia Estate since June 2014 and has been treated extremely well. She needs special care because of dementia and is a fall risk as well, but we never worry because someone has an eye on her at all times. The home is lovely, the food is excellent and the atmosphere is both professional and homelike at the same time. Mom loves the caregivers and it really feels as if she is a part of a family instead of just another patient.
Everyone at Anakalia is very knowledgeable when it comes to elder care and they take great pains in keeping our family informed about medical and drug changes, and they are wonderful about staying in touch with Mom's doctors.
We feel extremely lucky to have our mother living here.

Our family has found the Anakalia Es...

Our family has found the Anakalia Estate family to be very competent in all that the do for our Father ( Wiley Lumsden). We appreciate how caring and loving they are with him and all of their residents. We completely trust their judgement and feel very comfortable in all of their decision making regarding our father.

They Truly Care For & About Your Loved One

Everyone at Anakalia has consistently gone above and beyond the call to provide our father with kind, competent care.
We would not hesitate to recommend Anakalia to anyone who's looking for the same for a loved one.

My only Connection w/ this home is h...

My only Connection w/ this home is having arelative being cared for there. We live a long distance away so have not been a very frequent visitor-- but she seemed happy and well caared for when we did visit her . Her daughter keeps us informed and seemes very happy w/the Home.

[removed]

Andreea Tanasa

Thanks!

Anakalia Estate, a very loving, caring home for your aging parents.

My mother lived at Anakalia Estate for just over a year. She was a part of the family the first day she went to live there. The care Mom received while she was there was great. They cared about her as a person and wanted the best for her always. They also cared about me and my family, we were always welcome anytime we would come. When Mom had her 89th Birthday, we had about 12 family members there for a party for her and they more than welcomed us there!

Although Mom could not speak because of the stroke she had 4 years prior, we knew that she loved all of them too.

George, Nina, Michael and Andreea are all terrific people and we continue our friendship with them.

I would highly recommend the Anakalia Estate for anyone looking for a place for their loved one to live if they are unable to care for them.

Amazing facility!

As a CNA hospice aide who regularly visited many memory care facilities, this facility I the best I've ever been to. The environment itself literally feels like you're at home, and I can tell that is the exact same way all the residents there felt. On top of that the staff is kind hearted, generous, welcoming and most importantly loving.

My loved one was there

Having a loved one at Anakalia Estate is like having them in the home of one of your favorite family member’s. The care provided by this family to our mother is without a doubt better than the care my own family could have provided in our home. In these busy times when most of our schedules are already filled with work, kids, grand kids and other things it is difficult to take on the full time care a parent or loved one may need.
My mother was in a larger assisted living environment prior to being moved to the Anakalia Estate. In that residence there were so many care givers rotating in and out that it was difficult to even remember most of their names. At Anakalia Estate your loved one gets the same friendly, patient, knowledgeable, loving, people to care for them every day.
I found myself visiting my mother more often, in part because of the friendly home like environment provided.
If you find yourself in the position of seeking out an assisted living environment for a loved one, I highly recommend the Anakalia Estate. This family of care givers will not only be taking care of your loved one, but you too will be made to feel like part of their extended family.

Five Stars

This is a five star place - Mom loves them and the location.
It is very clean, happy, great food all home cooked, outstanding views and they really care for my mother. They are more attentive to my mother than the Dr or Hospice.
I would refer everyone to place their loved ones here

Appreciation

My wife, Ingeborg, was accepted by Anakalia Estate in May 2012 and was cared for there until her death in September 2012. Prior to her residency my daughter and I toured several other foster homes, and feel very fortunate we chose Anakalia Estate. I spent many hours visiting there and was very impressed and satisfied that Ingeborg was as comfortable and content as her physical condition would allow. The facility met and exceeded all expectations, but, as well, the staff offered her sincere affection which was so vital to her well-being. The pleasant time that Ingeborg, members of the Galin family and myself spent together resulted in her comfort and provided me with assurance she was well cared for during her residency.

Ellen Baumhofer

Overall experience with the staff has been very positive, proactive, providing all the care that Ellen needs. She the happiest she has been in years here. Facilities are top notch too. We all feel like we are treated as family.

Anakalia Estate Review

My mother was admitted to this facility on short notice. They took her in immediately and were very accommodating. The facility was clean, bright and cheerful. The meals were very nutritious and aided my mothers health condition with diabetes and other health issues when it became necessary. They were knowledgeable about state regulations and were very willing to work with us on many levels of healthcare. They were also willing to provide transportation to and from her appointments. The caretaker literally saved my mothers life on a couple of occasions and took extremely good care of her. I would recommend this facility to anyone with a loved one needing extra care that can not be provided by an assisted adult care center.

Anakalia Estate tour

I found George to be very personable and also wise and Knowledgeable. The home is lovely with nice sized rooms. I am impressed by the number of caregivers(4) available most of the time. This is also a most hospitable home.

Great Care For Your Loved One

I highly recommend the Anakalia Adult care home. The care is excellent and the people are very trustworthy. They serve as strong advocates for your loved ones.

My mom was very ill and needed 24/7 care. The always treated her with love and respect. We were so lucky to find a place that could provide such wonderful care. I will always be grateful.

Anakalia Estate Senior Care Home brings the heavenly spirit of Hawaii to Portland Oregon with the guarantee of a safe future. It is our goal to provide your family member with the physical, emotional, and spiritual support to improve their overall wellness everyday. Our senior care facility provides private rooms to help recreate a home like environment. We offer three home cooked meals, snacks, daily laundry services, room cleaning, medication assistance, and weekly activities. Diabetic care, night care, and behavior management are also available. With over 24 years of experience in European cuisine, our dietary staff crafts a healthy menu including snacks, which varies to meet our clients personal and nutritional preferences. Our staff carries over 14 years of health care experience in order to provide the safest environment possible. We are equipped to help patients with a wide variety of chronic ailments including Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, heart attacks, strokes, or diabetes. We provide assistance with administration of medications and medication reordering as well as RN delegated care. We pride ourselves at Anakalia Estate Senior Care Home with creating a comfortable happy environment where you can come into our family and we can help sustain you and your loved ones through all your moments of joy and sorrow.