Jamestown Commons - Virginia Beach, VA

Honestly

The security entry doors to the building where I live worked 3 months out of the 9 months I have lived here and has had a sign on it stating a part has been ordered for over a month. The carpet in the back hallway is extremely dirty. My patio floods 2 or more inches with water to my sliding glass doors every time it rains much and gets full of mulch from around the bushes. I sweep and bag it. I've gone to the office and reported it 3 times and was promised they would build a trench around the shrubs. Since I have been here there have been 4 new rental agents, a new Groundsman and now a new Maintenance Manager. When I moved in my apartment it smelled like cigarette smoke. The manager and assistant manager said they didn't smell it. They are or were both smokers. Everyone who enters my apartment still smells smoke. I'm moving when my lease is up.

Totally Discusted

Last year they had rats in the walls which were eating through the walls to get to food in the kitchens. They had as many as four different managers. They told several tenants when they moved in they could walk their dogs in the garden as long as they picked up there waste. now they are threatening to evict me for it and have demanded everyone else cease immediately. When it snowed they posted signs for two weeks the gates were closed so people couldn't go many shop didn't go to the shopping center who couldn't drive. But the gates were open. There are people that here live in wheelchairs and use walkers, yet when they shoveled the the walkways they didn't allow any room for them to get about. Last summer the maintenance manager through nets over 6 Canadian geese, parents and 4 babies and told people he took them to the SPCA. I could go on. Please judge for yourself!

a excellent place

Staff was really friendly and helpful. It's a great place to live. Home environment based, safe and secure establishment. We are happy with the choice we made.

Lots of great activities!

Everyone from the person that does the yard to the managers are jsut so nice and helpful. I like it here very much, it's really nice to tell you the truth, I feel like I live in a hotel because you don't see any trays in the hall. The people are nice, I like the activiites, we have a calendar of all of them and we have lots of activities here. The ones that I've gone to I've thoroughly enjoyed, I'm making some friends and they bring in speakers (like "Understanding medicare") and they're very informative. They have a computer room, they have 2 or 3 libraries, they had a wine tasting, when I first moved in here they had a 70's party, there's so many things to do! I got this apartment and I'm glad I have it, I'm making friends, there's a variety of people in here and I have no complaints. If I could complain about something, and it's not really a complaint, but they need a change machine in the laundry room.

Not too bad

We did not have any issues while at the community. The staff was very friendly. The carpets and other parts of the community could be cleaner but nothing too bad. Overall it was not a bad community but we were not here very long before deciding to keep her at home.

Jamestown Commons seems to be well ru...

Jamestown Commons seems to be well run with lots of safety features. The employees look to be helpful and attentive. Kristy Dammann, our tour guide, was well informed and answered all our questions. She provided answers to questions we hadn't thought to ask.