Our visit

This community felt dark when I visited. The hallways did not seem to offer a lot of light. The community looked clean and the people I met were nice. This community was a little larger than what my loved one was looking for.

My husband's care

II am happy with the care that my husband is getting here. The staff are outstanding. The food is outstanding with a good variety. They do offer him alot of activities. The community is always clean and taken care of. We would recommend the community to other families for the care and the value that is reveived here.

Let's get it together!

I appreciate their service and work and so I don't want anything negative said about the staff or meals.

I would recommend Ivy Springs Manor!!!!

Mom does not seem to like the food but I have tried it and I think it is ok. The staff are very helpful, informative and there technology is up to date. They do inform us through emails which I like. They offer a variety of activities and outings for the residents to participate in. The community is clean and well maintained.

Really like Ivy Springs Manor

Ivy Springs is the total package! People, staff, care, food, activities are great there!!! Monthly price is good also. Really feel at ease leaving my mother to live there, which is the most important thing. I would advise to take a tour of Ivy Springs Manor first!!!!!

Seemed like a nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think the room they had available would have been a good fit for my loved one. It was located too far from the dining room and common areas, the walk would have been a bit much for her to do every day.

mixed feelings

I have mixed feelings about Ivy Springs. My husband fell a few days after being in there and no one saw it. They messed up his blood thinner medications. (I understand that they have now fired the lady that was in charge of that medication.) Then two weeks after the fall he died, and they said on the medical report that he had bleeding in the brain which they said was probably a delayed effect of the fall. I am sure that it works out well for others but it turned out to be a negative experience for us. I can't blame the facility necessarily, but perhaps they could have kept a closer eye on him. I don't know.

Caring Staff

It is a bit pricey but the service is wonderful and the staff seem to genuinely care about the residents. The staff call the residents by name, hug them, and show respect and love. My mom is safe and I am thrilled that we found Ivy Springs with the help of "A Place for Mom."

My in-laws seemed to adjust well. They are getting involved...

We liked the Ivy Springs Manor a lot. My in-laws seemed to adjust well. They are getting involved and that's what we wanted. I would recommend this facility to anyone. It has been great. The facility is nice. It's very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The value is excellent. They do a great job at taking care of my in-laws. The offer many activities. This is a really nice community. I am pleased.

Need Brain Healthy Meals and Snacks

For $60,000/year, It would be nice to serve the residents brain healthy meals. For it to be a relatively new facility, I would think they would be knowledgeable or at least do the research to ensure the foods served to the residents contribute to brain health. If we decide to select Ivy Springs Manor, it looks like I will have to take my mother-in-law most of her meals and snacks. That's a lot of work when you are paying that kind of money out of pocket. It's a bummer because I was impressed with everything else with the facility and program.

Highly Recommebd

When we first started out looking for a safe and caring environment for our mom, we were pleasantly surprised to find a caring, beautiful, up-to-date and professional residence at Ivy Springs. Sarah Biehl, Executive Director, made the difficult transition so smooth and immediately developed a relationship with our mom. She handled any and all issues I had with professionalism and friendliness. We were welcomed like family. Everyone from the top down of staff to caregivers are so gentle and patient with mom. They put her needs first and care about her happiness. Mom has several medical issues and the nurses have handled them very professionally. I would recommend Ivy Springs to anyone whose loved ones are at the point of extra care.

My mother moved in to Ivy Springs Manor over two years ago. The place is very clean and inviting. The food is very good (the times I have eaten there with her) and everyone is always very pleasant. My mom enjoys going on the many outings they offer. The have parties fairly often and it is nice to see all of the staff there enjoying themselves. They all seem to really like their jobs. It is also nice to see all of the families of the residents. There is a lot of family involvement which is very important.
Since it is not possible for my mother to live at home, this place is the next best thing!

Ivy Springs Manor is top notch!

Ivy Springs Manor has been an absolute blessing and comfort for me and my family. Since moving my father there a little less than a year ago, I have seen such a dramatic change in his contentment and demeanor. He suffers form Alzheimer's and resides in the memory care unit, and his level of peace and calm has improved dramatically. The staff is warm and caring and truly gets to know your loved one. At his previous assisted living facility, the staff seemed unhappy, overworked and stressed out. I have never seen an inkling of this kind of behavior at Ivy Springs. The caregivers seems happy and cooperative, and are routinely checking in with me on ways to improve my father's daily life or just communicating positive things that may be happening with him. I cannot say enough good things about the amazing staff, and the peace and comfort it brings me knowing that he is safe and cared for.

It's okay.

It's okay. They keep it very clean. She does not like the food it's probably the biggest complaint. The three chef prepared meals a day is a big disappointment.

Not satisfied with the care provided

My loved one lived here for a time. The people were friendly and the place itself was nice enough, however we were not satisfied with the level and quality of care provided, and we moved my loved one to a facility that was able to provide for her better.

Nice looking community

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We liked the feel of this place a lot. It was a nice looking community, and staff were very friendly and professional. It had a cozy atmosphere, and an inviting feel. Unfortunately this community was a bit too far to be an option we could consider for our loved one, but it is definitely worth a look.

husband was only there for 5 days. c...

husband was only there for 5 days. cannot give a fair report. he went to hospital with pneumonia and then to a rehab.

Outstanding facility. One y...

Outstanding facility. One year old. Very good staff and activities plan. Ladies doing exercises with instructor. No one bedrooms available. So studio seems somewhat small for transition. Nice dining area. Small outdoor walking area. However, this one is on the short list.

Great Location

Ivy Springs Manor is conveniently located for me because it's in between work and home. The location is a little busy but that is due to the shopping malls and restaurants in the area. The staff is really friendly and the community is very clean. The landscaping is very pretty.

Very Nice - near the mall. ...

Very Nice - near the mall. Great activities, bowling. $3100 for the end of the hall.

Ivy Springs is very, very good

Their Friendliness, Care Services, and Activities are all 5 plus! We chose Ivy Springs because it is convenient for the whole family and we toured it several times before deciding. I met with the Executive Director down to the head of mom's floor and have been really impressed. I have met most of the caregivers that work with my mom and receive emails from them with updates. We stop by almost daily. Mom has been able to go on some of the field trips, she is also receiving a more balanced diet. I am pleased and don't have any complaints, would recommend Ivy Springs without hesitation.

this was my second choice, very nice ...

this was my second choice, very nice and friendly, lots of staff rooms well appointed, my only negative was the elevator, dining on 1st floor, activities on second.

Beautiful facility like a resort. Ro...

Beautiful facility like a resort. Rooms are a really nice size & facility has a courtyard. Technology is exceptional with computers in all assisted living rooms & "simple C" in memory rooms.

At Ivy Springs Manor, you can find comfortable community living for your senior. We are located in Buford, Georgia, on luscious landscaped courtyards complete with walking trails. Through our apartment style rooms, that come in four different layouts, we provide independence to the elderly while they live in our community. Each room contains a kitchenette with a refrigerator, sink, and cabinet, heat and air conditioning, wall to wall carpet, a spacious bathroom with counter top, sink, toilet, and mirror, a walk-in shower with safety features, and a 24 hour emergency call system. When your loved one is ready to venture out of their apartment, they can enjoy our resort quality meals that are available all day, a library with its own fireplace, a movie theater, a barber and beauty salon, a technology center, and a concierge and events coordinator. They will find more than enough fun and social activities to keep them busy and active in our community. As for health and wellness care, our staff is under the guidance of a wellness nurse, from whom they receive constant support and training. Our community features the newest care technology, as well as, all the expert services that your seniors need, such as medication management and recorded checks every few hours. We even have an expert dementia care team in our memory wing, to assist seniors suffering from dementia. Your loved one won't miss a thing living at Ivy Springs Manor.