Ivy Glenn Terrace I - Laguna Niguel, CA

Love everyone at Ivy Glenn

I can't ever say enough good things about Ivy Glenn Terrace. It truly is a wonderful place! The staff is like no other. Everyone there really seems to care about the residents and does everything they can to keep them happy. We visited many places before we found Ivy Glenn Terrace and are so thankful we did. Amazing place!!!

My dad was there about three weeks.

My dad was there about three weeks. There were five females and an empty room, and they were asking for a male. We thought it would be a good fit, he likes to have girlfriends, he likes to make jokes, but he isn't aggressive, though probably not P.C. He was sitting in one of the residents chairs and she asked him to move, and he made an inappropriate joke, and the resident made a complaint. They asked me to medicate him or he would be evicted. I said that I didn't feel like he was being treated fairly, he asked what it would take to make me go away. We agreed that I would get a partial refund. I had to call and follow up with him several times and the story kept changing. I was told he had to cut a check, then that he had to check with his partner. Finally I was asked to sign a release to get the refund, which ended up being 9 pages of poorly written legal documents, with misspellings, that asked for things not pertaining to the issue, and rather far fetched. They didn't treat him right there and they aren't treating him right now, by with holding his money. I would give them zero stars if that was an option.

Not Good At All

The males do the care services and the female does the cooking. In CA every resident is first to have a clicker at night and they don't get any care at night. If they wanted something at night then they would have to have hire a night worker and it costs 90 an hour and very disappointed because my mother in law is blind and has no help at night. They require all medications in bubble wrap and they charge twice or three times more to get it at their pharmacy because you have to buy it their and keep it in there cabinet.

Ivy Glenn Terrace is a family run business owned and operated by Gail Posselt, who has ran elder care homes for the last 21 years. We have three different homes, all of which are on the same cul-de-sac in Laguna Niguel, California. We go out of our way to meet the resident and family needs. We keep a folder of all the recommendation letters we have received over the years, and show that on our tours.

We have an LVN on staff, a licensed psychiatrist on call, a specialist that comes in to do nails, a gal that does hair, and different meals each day. We hope we get a chance to show you what we are really about!