Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

• Transportation
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!

Review of Independence Village

People are friendly. Help is nice, friendly, very helpful, hard workers. Feel safe here. Lots of activities, entertainment, outings place is kept up nicely.

Review of Independence Village

I have lived and worked in this community all my life. Except my time served in the navy. I retired from Belvidere Company as a tool and I die a member.

Review of Independence Village

The community that I live in. Friends, mixture of games and fun things to do.

Making new friends

Review of Independence Village

I enjoy all the activities they offer. Card games, board games, crafts, also the meetings for information for all of the residents.

I'm well satisfied here.

Review of Independence Village

I'm very happy with this community. The food is good and they keep it clean. The entertainment is great.

Review of Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

This was a great senior community for my aunt and uncle. They moved in Oct, 2013.
My one wish is that they would have moved in about 10 years earlier!!
Thank you!

I have lived here in the Village for a little over 4 years and consider it my home. I have checked it out previously as a possible place for my sister in law to live and also had friends from my church living here! When my sister in law was not physically able to come here I dismissed it as a choice for her. I feel that i was "led" here when I needed a retirement place! The individual interest of staff members from managers, housekeeping, crafts, entertainment, dining room and kitchen employees, plus the general "upkeep" of the property has impressed me and I've spread the word about Independence Village.

Review of Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

Three good meals, entertainment, exercise, trips – shopping, appointments etc. Our driver, games in the GR, beautiful courtyard. In house doctor, excellent maintenance people and staff.
I do have one complaint that is the meals are too close, but I can live with that.
I can’t forget the two energizer bunny’s [Removed]. They are the best!
Thanks to our director [Removed] and her staff.

This is a wonderful place. They offer a lot of activities. Great people work at the village all very nice and helpful.

Review of Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

Wonderful activities. I have putting the puzzles together. Always a card game to join. Friendship is always near we are like family. Nice place to live my final days.

Review of Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

The food is great as well as games, entertainment, and people.

Review of Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

The staff are wonderful! They are caring, compassionate and involved.
There never seems to be a dull moment at Independence Village. The seniors seem to be involved in some activity throughout the day and evenings.
Independence Village has a homey and welcoming feel when you enter the door!

Independence Village is a great place for our mom! She is safe and happy. Her friends and family are always welcome to visit and we enjoy the staff and the activities as much as our mom enjoys them. Independence Village has given mom the opportunity of new friendships and "purpose" in her life again. Mom calls the village home and in her words, "it's a great place to live!".

Review of Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

Excellence in everything they do!

Review of Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

The staff here is so wonderful. They make a person smile even if we feel low. I know because I am usually grumpy and they make me happy!!

So far pretty good.
Love the pool table.
Love the food.
Staff is really good to me.
I like the excursions we go on.

Review of Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

I have lived here for about 8 years. It's pleasant to live here. The apartment is spacious and bright. We have a nice courtyard, where we can walk. We have a 1/2 hour exercise every morning. The dining room is bright. The meals are good and plentiful. Other services are good.

Review of Independence Village Rockford - Rockford, IL

It's my home- I love it. Wonderful staff- lots of good entertainment. Great library. Plenty of planned activities.

Very kind and caring place to be in. I love the atmosphere. I appreciate it, they are wonderful here to my client.

I have been here nearly 2 years.
My apt is comfortable and adequate.
The staff is friendly, kind and caring.
I enjoy the interaction with other residents.
I have made new friends.
I would recommend the village to others.
Activities many and varied.

Mom Likes This Community

A place for mom was very helpful for referring this community to us. We are pleased with my mothers move to this community. She is doing very well, and she likes it here. I have told my friends if they need any help with their search, give a place for mom a call. They are very helpful.

Gald we did this

This is a privately owned clean community. They have a beautiful well kept courtyard. The staff I have met so far are friendly, warm and inviting. They know all the residents and they are helpful. They have a full calendar of events and the calendar is visible to the residents. The food is good and the cook has been there about twenty years. I would recommend this community

Low key, but friendly management. Residents seem happy and engaged. Apartments are very nice. Heard a lot of good things about the food from residents, family, and staff.

I feel it a privilege to be a volunteer Village ambassador to help each & all New Resident to get settled in this their new home. I do money and continue to learn crafts, giving every resident a Craft for their birthday every month along ē “Angel Ministry”. έ have the only bird feed in our large courtyard , visited by money flying friends.

Over all excellent I would like to see the media age drop in 10 or 20 years but my 97 years spouse needs the way it is. There is a wide range of activities however & that helps in housekeeping is adequate best need more staff or more time food is very good eat evening section could be healthier & eager. I would like to see more hours of transportation, especially shopping as I am grossly vision impaired. The services need along with available and even respectable doctor crttel house.
I gripe a lot but I am aged too going blind. I’m not moving soon.

I am very pleased with Independence Village. Everyone is so kind & ready to help. Food is good to also the entertainment. I especially liked the Bruce Warden and Mike Willelson.

I’m glad nice meals are furnished. Having bedding and towels furnished helps. The activities and entertainment have been very good.

This is an excellent place to live. Food is great.

Would appreciate the cleaning girls doing a more thorough job. Otherwise everything is great!

Poor Eye sight, Poor hearing. Not interested in games but like the workers – All are loving.

I’m very pleased with my location and feel they do many things to please the residents.

A friendly place and has wonderful & helpful staff. They have great activities also.

Independence Village is one of the better community compared to other community.

Liked it so far. Been here very short time.

Best Place! Food is excellent and people are great. No complaints at all.

Staff A+.
Food A+.
Cleaning B.
Help A+.
Elevator C.
Safety B.
Courtyard A+.
Activities A+.

Good choice of activities.

Very good Bingo!!!

Wonderful. Glad & live here!!

The best.

I Enjoy It Here

My experience here has been enjoyable. There are very good staff who help me at times. I like the activities that are provided and it is suitable for me. For the most part I like the meals about 90% of the time.