Horizon Elderly Care Home - Mission Viejo, CA

Purchase a Cookbook

The home where my Mom stayed for 6 weeks was clean, and nicely decorated. My problem with Horizon was the food! I could not believe the poor quality of what they served. Boxed Kraft Macaroni & Cheese with Spam, Franks and Beans, and lots of Soup! For $1,000 a week, I would expect some type of healthy home cooked food! Very disappointing! No one else in the house could speak, so they just feed them whatever? That is not my Mom, she just tried to grin and bear it. Now that she is moved back to her apartment, I can let the people at Horizon know about how my family feels! Invest in a Cookbook, you might be surprised that you can make Macaroni and Cheese with healthy ingredients, like real cheese, milk and butter. (The Orange color in Kraft does not come from cheese). There are so many healthy things that are easy to make, maybe purchase a crockpot! I hope this helps other families when choosing care for a loved one!