Atria Blankenbaker - Louisville, KY

We were impressed with the facility and the personal attention from the tour guide. The campus was very clean and inviting.

Great visit. [name removed] was very nice and informative and we appreciate you taking the time to set this appointment. [name removed] recommended a rehab facility that they work with and we visited there as well and were able to get [name removed] mom in there. I guess next steps will be determined by the progress she makes in rehab and the type of care she will need. Brookdale is the top of our list and they will stay in touch with us and evaluate her closer to the end of her rehab to determine that and hopefully they will still have an open room. Thank you Jill, for all your help.

We are still working with [Removed] at Brookdale, Had previously toured the facility and were very pleased, will be meeting with her again.

Meeting with [Removed on Thursday evening

Facility great, but too inconvenient, geographically. Are keeping it on our "maybe" list.

Run!

Over promise and deliver on nothing. Run!

I Feel There Was No Comprehension

The community is doing good but I hate that I will be relocating them to a higher level care. It is across the street but I felt like when we were dealing with the sales people they were not understanding the limitations for my parent. In their response they told me they were able to do what was needed while in the independent side. I do like the community but they need to filter the difference between independent and assistant residents.

A good community

My loved ones seem to like living at this community. The staff have good interaction with the residents. They are pleased with the activities and the food. The community is clean and the grounds are nice looking. They have been renovating the interior. This community is in a good location as it is close to their friends. They liked everything about this community as the administration was upfront and honest. I would recommend this community.

The Best choice for us

We are very pleased with this community and we have settled in nicely in our apt. There are a lot of amenities for us to choose from and my wife has already started taking part in some of the activities. There are field trips for shopping and other outings should we want to go. We both enjoy going to the dining room and being with the other residents and the menu has several good choices to choose from. What helped make our minds up about this community is that there is a nurse on duty 24/7 should my wife need their assistance.

Not Quite Ready For Memory Care Option Yet

I am glad that my aunt is at a community where she is being taken care of. Her memory is making things a little more challenging for her to adjust. I am not happy as to where her room is she is a little more isolated than I would like she is not around a whole lot of people. The one enjoyment she has is the tv and that hasn't been in working order since sometime in August. The administration says they are working on it but still nothing has changed. She really likes the food so that is a plus. When she is in need of memory care they do have a unit that we can move her too but at that point, we might move her closer to us to be around more family right now the location of this community is good because it's close to her old home where friends can visit.

We toured this community for care. We like the community environment of being clean. The menu was nice and the activities were great and we would have brought dad here. The menu is good and we like the care that was offered. Families might consider a tour for a loved one.

Nice Tour Overall

This is a pretty nice community, and everything went well during our tour of it. The staff was kind, and helpful. The community looked neat, and tidy. It was a good experience, but the location was not a good one for us.

newly Remodeled

This community just went through an extensive remodel however I felt in the hallways the lighting was not as good as it could be. I found it to be a little darker than I would like. The staff was nice and provided us with information. Knowing my mom's personality as I do I just felt that this community may not have been a good choice compared to other ones we had researched.

Great hands on caring nurses and aides. Many activities offered every day. Mom's only complaint has been the food. She gets to garden and pick vegetables then prepare them for a meal. The entire staff has been very friendly and aware of Mom's specific needs.
I really feel she is getting better care.

We Used Them For A Respite Stay

My mom stayed as a respite guest and she enjoyed the good experience. She enjoyed the meals very much but they did not follow her heart healthy, low sodium diet.
They did not weight her for fluid retention. When I picked her up her legs were so swollen. She had a very good experience but the health aspect and concerns, it wasn't quite what it should of been, in my opinion.

Very Nice Community

My tour of this community was very nice. The community looked nice, and from what I was shown they are good with their cleanliness. The staff was friendly. The experience went well, but I did find another community that suited my aunts needs better.

Kind Tour Guide

My family, and I had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was very friendly, and the gentleman that gave me the tour was very kind. The community was nice, and everything was well maintained. It was a pleasant experience, and everything went well.

A good tour!

I really enjoyed my tour of Brookdale Blankenbaker. I felt that they do have other levels of care but the cost was higher than it was at Brookdale Stonestreet, so we decided to go with Stonestreet.

Doing Pretty Well

As far as I know my mother in law is doing pretty well since her move to this community. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. She isn't pleased with the meals. The staff is good, they have been kind, and friendly. So far things are working in the right direction for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Was not impressed with cleanliness and package.

Care for my sister

I like the care from this community for my mom. The staff is outstanding and caring. The menu is outstanding and very appealing with a lot of variety. They offer activities for the residents. This community is great in all aspects. We would recommend this community for other families.

My mother was a resident of the personal care unit. The people in management were very friendly and helpful. However, some of the care givers were not friendly and rude at times. I don't feel they check on patients as much as they say. Thank goodness my mom did not need a lot of care. I just don't think they did as much as they said. Meals were often late and menu items changed a lot. Overall, mom was happy there and I feel she was safe. My family expressed a lot of concerns and we were always listened to and given an update after the problem had been resolved.

My Visit To The Community

The rooms at this community seemed a little smaller than what I was looking for. The residents and staff I met were nice. The community seemed clean. This community is a little more expensive than what I was looking for.

Look past the remodeling when you visit

The entire staff are friendly and helpful. The nursing staff are patient and working with mom to help her adjust to living here. Mom likes the food and they accommodate her diet. They offer quite a bit of activities. They do the best they can to keep the community clean during the remodeling. The community has a homey look to it and I would recommend this community.

Care for loved one

I like the care from this community. The staff are good and keep me informed. The food appeared. They were able to get her involved with some of the activities that she enjoyed. We have recommended this community to friends for the great care and value that is received here.

Very beautiful!

The people here were very nice and very kind. They showed us this lovely community. It was like walking into a big hotel. It was very lovely. The only thing is that my grandmother wanted a community that was a little smaller.

Good Tour of This Facility

My tour of this community was a good one. The community looked very well maintained. Everything was very neat, and tidy. The staff I came across was friendly, and informative. All my questions were answered. It was a pleasant experience.

Amazing Community

This is a great community, and they are caring for my father in law very well. They have been amazing to work with, and we are pleased with all they have done for us. The staff is very nice and helpful. They are taking good care of him and his need. We would recommend this community.

We like living here!!

I would highly recommend this community. The staff are helpful and very accommodating. The food is pretty good and they have a lot of good choices. They keep the community clean.

Hi [Removed],[Removed] [Removed] was very helpful and answered all of our questions. The facility is very nice and seems to be clean. We met three other people from the staff and they were very friendly too. This is was our first tour, but we were definitely impressed! We will be getting back to you after our tours are done! Being the first tour, it is hard to rate 5 stars. At the end of all tours, we may go back and edit some reviews!

I was given an hour tour and provided with a lot of information and allowed to ask a lot of questions. Brian is open to my reaching out to him with questions at any time.

Great option!

The staff that offered the tour at Brookdale Blankenbaker were very knowledgeable and able to address all of my concerns related to my mother's care. The community was very nice and well laid out. The pricing was in line with the other communities that we visited. We did not choose this community because we needed a different mixture of care for my mother.

Everyone is very caring and attentive to my mom. She is very happy there!

Home at last!

Staff is outstanding......meals are great...........the nicest place for senior living I have ever visited!

Cannot stress how helpful the staff has been in helping a friend settle into his unit, and ensuring his future needs are met as well.

Extremely helpful addressing my future needs as well as current needs.

Not satisfied

My loved one's needs were more severe than the facility was certified or capable of handling. In spite of that, we were encouraged to leave him there. I would have preferred they be honest with us so he could have received the care he needed in another facility.

I love Brookdale!

My Mom is currently in the hospital but has been staying at Brookdale for some time now. Cheryl has really given me a peace of mind dealing with all of this and is even going to be picking her up from rehab today! The staff are completely amazing and very responsive! I'm ready to move in there myself the food is so dang on good. Like expensive restaurant quality! I am very happy overall with Brookdale!

Friendly, accommodating staff

Our experience with Brookdale has been a very positive one. The staff have been very professional and very accommodating throughout the whole process, and I really appreciate all of the help they've provided. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and I think they do a great job looking out for the people who live here.

Pleasant staff

So far things seem to be going pretty well at this facility. The staff is pleasant and they seem patient and attentive to the residents. The facility is clean and seems to be well organized and run. We haven't had any major problems so far.

This was one of my top two when I was touring.

This was one of my top two when I was touring. They were pretty nice, and I liked them. They were comparable in price and quality to the other place. I ended up choosing based on location, and picked the other one. I really liked this too though.

Very nice facility and close to interstate for easy access. Great tour with Kelly Miller in memory care unit. Has 2 available rooms now which we viewed 220-245 sq ft. Pricing ad $5900 to $6100 per month. The r running special thru June that would give u $1k off per month for up to 6 months.

Nice place!

So far things seem to be going very well with Horizon Bay! It's a nice looking place, and everything is always very VERY clean! My loved one seems to be happy here, and the staff are friendly and doing a great job encouraging her to get out and enjoy the activities that they provide.

Great Experience with Horizon Bay

We are very pleased with our experience with Horizon Bay. The staff is friendly, pleasant and helpful. We are looking forward to many years of good care. Thanks Horizon Bay!

Horizon Bay, a good find

Horizon Bay has been extremely helpful and timely in their responses. They have been attentive to our time frame for moving our relative and very welcoming. So far my experience with them has been superior.

Very nice looking place

We toured this location when we were looking into options for my in-laws. Everyone we spoke with was friendly and professional, and all of the residents looked happy and well cared for. We ended up selecting another community since this location was just too far away to be a real option for us, but I think they would have done a great job caring for my in-laws here!

My review is incomplete since we have...

My review is incomplete since we have not as yet moved in. We selected and paid for
December, 2013, but will not fully move in until Jan. 1, 2014. Satisfaction to date has
been excellent.

Would recommend them to everyone!

My brother took a tour and talked to the people there and we were all pleased with Horizon Bay. It is a wonderful place, not the biggest place in the world. The assisted living looks the same as the independent living. My mom is happy here. The staff has been amazing, beyond what we expected, just extremely helpful. This place is not dark, not dank, not like a nursing home at all. I have it at the top of my list for me one day.

Part of Brookdale Senior Li...

Part of Brookdale Senior Living. Kelly Miller is my contact. Based on the income calculator for independent living, the community monthly minimum is $2,500. Restaurant style meals served daily.

Have enjoyed getting to kno...

Have enjoyed getting to know Kelly. Facility very nice and comfortable. Surroundings very bright and cheerful.

toured Fri. Sept. 16 - impressed with...

toured Fri. Sept. 16 - impressed with facility

Did not enjoy this visit at all. I be...

Did not enjoy this visit at all. I believe the facilities were nice and very adequete, but I was very turned off by the attitude of Director. She started out by telling me the average price of other facilities which was very elevated because I had been to the other facilities and had prices. She then admitted that her prices included the addition of many other services (which were not necessarily normal or needed by an average resident). She seemed to be upset with me because I had visited other places before visiting Horizon Bay. Every other place I had been encouraged visits to other places and always talked positively about some of the other places. Her tour was very brief and rushed. She gave me the impression that I was a bother. My observation of the facility was that the open areas were very limited and small. Terri mentioned some pricing information which I assumed would be included in a packet they she provided to me like the other places. The packet included no pricing information or room type information. I did not get a feeling of trust from her about dealing with them.

Memory Care & Ind Care. Ind Care res...

Memory Care & Ind Care. Ind Care residents can drive. 29 Apartments for Memory care. Lunch Bunch every Monday. Ride a bus to get some lunch. Every other Thursday they cook out for the residents. Take a Bus Ride on Friday. When monies exhausted, will asist in moving to another facility. Mainly prefer to move residents to Jefferson Manor.

I had a good tour and lunch with Dire...

I had a good tour and lunch with Director very pleasant. She showed me all of the available floorplans. We didn't have the oportunity to visit across the street at the personal care community/memory care , but she shared info about the community.

Surrounded by trees on beautifully landscaped grounds, Atria Blankenbaker is a vibrant community designed to help older people enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle – and experience greater well-being.

This inviting residence offers a selection of studio, one- and two- bedroom apartments, most with a full kitchen or kitchenette and some with a patio or balcony. Just steps away are a variety of convenient amenities, including a library, movie theater, salon and barber shop, and welcoming outdoor spaces such as a courtyard, fishing pond, covered porch and walking paths. A friendly, caring staff is available 24/7 to provide discreet support when needed.

For people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria Blankenbaker offers Life Guidance® – Atria’s forward-thinking approach to memory care. Residents enjoy exercise and social engagement in a secure, thoughtfully designed space with specially trained caregivers who focus on ways to help them continue to live a fulfilling life.

Every day is a new opportunity for connection, creativity and fun. With a calendar full of events, residents can continue doing the things they love and discover new interests. From tai chi and guest lectures to social hours and live entertainment, residents can be as active and involved as they like.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.