Brookdale Manteca - Manteca, CA

Brookdale Manteca - Manteca, CA has yet not published prices.

Community was pleasant enough, but a little dark and gloomy for my taste.

I stopped by today and was welcomed with open arms, the facility is wonderful and the staff was very helpful. We are on a tight budget and I only wish that we could afford to have my mother placed in such a nice place.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful.. Food and service was good. Apartments were too small for our liking.

Getting adjusted to things!!

I have recently made the move into this community and so far I am pleased with how things are going for myself. The staff are very kind and seem to fix any problems they have in a timely manner. I liked my apartment and think it is the perfect for me and for all of my things, The meals they have are a hit or miss with the selection but I do like that they have an option to get an alternate as well as use the salad bar at all times.

Not A Pleasant Time

My loved ones experience here was not good. In fact, she got so disappointed in the services they were not providing her she opted to go home after a very short time. There have been several issues that she was not satisfied with from the general attitude of the staffing to medication not being done on time, requests for things being done that were not being done. We were very disappointed by the whole experience here.

Very Nice Place

My loved one is still adjusting to her new surroundings. We have no complaints about anything the community inside and out is spotless very clean. The staff is friendly and kind and helpful when needed. They offer nice activities.The residents are friendly and like to inter act with each other. The food seems to be very good there it smelled wonderful.

Food is exceptional!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since he has made the move into this community . He is absolutely loving it and I am comfortable with the quality of care he has been receiving from the staff. The food is excellent and he is always saying it is better than most restaurants. The activity program they have is great and he has been making lots of friends. Overall we are very pleased with how things are going and would highly recommend it to anyone.

My loved one is doing well!

My loved one is doing fairly okay at this Brookdale location. They are doing what they can to cater to my loved one's needs and requests. My loved one is happy with the situation.

Money is their main concern.

Money is the bottom line here and they raise it when they want. They have nothing to do with my care here. They need more compassionate people.If I fall I'm expected to get up myself. It is too expensive and my children are looking for another place for me. Lots of other residents are doing the same.

This facility seemed more like assisted care rather than memory care and the living areas seemed small and crowded.

I Saw The Community For A Tour

I need a big area for my mom. I felt that this was not the right place. I was looking for the place that I would feel good knowing that she is safe through the night. There was not an overnight staff. The tour was great and I got to see every room in the facility and an apartment.

Tour for care

I toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff was nice and friendly. They had good meals that would have been available. We did like the grounds and the variety of activities. This community comes highly recommended.

A positive experience!

I highly recommend the Brookdale Manteca. I really like the care my mother is receiving from the staff, and am impressed with the sales representative [Removed]. She is great! The meals served there are very good and tasty. We are happy with our decision to chose this place.

They need a lot of upgrading!

The staff at the Brookdale Manteca are okay for the most part, many are very nice and experienced. There is only one maintenance man for the whole building which seems inadequate.The meals are okay but servings are small. Also seems there could be more med techs. The heat/air units are noisy and outdated. The roomsand bathroomss need an upgrade. The public areas are very nice as is the courtyard.

I really like it here. Been here 2 weeks. Brookdale of Manteca California. Staff management housekeeping maintenance. Especially the food n dining staff. Residents friendly. Town great for seniors. Receptionists friendly n courteous. Management. Has all answes. If they don't they will find out. [Removed] n [Removed] my favorites. Like decorations and activities. Very fun. Love sitting by fire. Think i died n went to heaven.

This was our fourth choice.

This community and the rooms are quite large. This would be to much for mom. It is an older community, however they do try and keep it clean. The staff we met were nice.

Loved this facility, just trying to figure out if they will be able to meet all of dads needs

It Looks Good, Still Deciding

I toured the community alone and first. I thought they were very good at showing me the place and very thorough with me. It is a beautiful, clean community and they have a good program for the residents. We are unsure if we will pick this community.

So far so good!

We are very happy with Brookdale Manteca. They have been very helpful with the move of our loved one. They are very friendly and easy to work with. The community is very well kept and we are happy so far.

My mother has only lived here for a week or so but everyone is so very friendly and helpful. My mother has been made to feel welcome.
She was a bit unhappy the day we moved her bathroom wasn't as clean as it could have been and for me and my husband (the movers) I thought someone could have been a bit more helpful by showing us where the apartment was, giving us a map, showing us the side door and where the elevator was etc. It was just like "here's the keys, good luck" sort of a thing. I couldn't get any info out of the front desk person who so far hasn't been able to answer any of my mother's questions...but other than that, place is clean, friendly people, my mother likes the food, her little dog is welcomed, apartment is small but nice, fixtures need some updating however, but I feel like they really try their best. I feel good about my mother being there and she likes it so far.

Satisfied With The Positive Change

My mom is much happier and has a positive feeling now. I am satisfied with the staff, facility, and quality of care. I find that it is kept clean and Mom really enjoys her meals, she is happy with the variety. After moving my mom in there was a billing issue. The care price went up after moving in, after some time this was resolved. Overall, they are doing the best they can.

Brookdale Manteca did not follow through!

My friend is currently staying at this community and she is not happy. When she moved in the staff said they will watch and help her move to assisted living when she was ready. She has let me know that she is not happy there and I am working with the community to resolve these issues. I would recommend looking into the community a little further before a loved one moves in.

Meeting A Lot Of New People

It has really been a good experience for me since my move to this community. I have adjusted very well to the move and meeting a lot of new people. The community looks amazing and really clean. The staff is excellent at what they do. I play golf with some of the other gentlemen I met. I enjoy meeting all the new people. It has really been a great experience and I would high recommend this community.

Super friendly place

They were very efficient and worked very hard to make it happen for my mom. It was definitely heaven sent for us. Thank you everyone

A Wonderful Community

Brookdale is a wonderful community and my husband and I really enjoyed his time while he was here. It is a beautiful place with great people. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Everything was great at this community from the staff to the residents and the food everything was great. Nothing bad to say about Brookdale. I have already recommended it to my sister in law and would highly recommend it to others.

Caring Staff

I just think that in general they were very friendly. My loved one is not the easiest person to deal with, but they have just been able to keep up and they all do a really professional job with their care.

They have done everything well

They have done everything well. What they could improve on is communicating to the new residents and the caregivers some of the rules. We did not know that we could not bring medication that was not being taken into the facility. That would have been helpful. This facility has a brand new medical director and I have expressed my concerns with him. He may be rectifying the situation. Other than that, the food is great, the staff is great, and it was a blessing for us to get my Mom the apartment that we got her. It is a great value. Thank you to A Place For Mom for the help in finding the place because they did not give me a sales pitch. They just spoke the truth.

My Mother was living with me in a lovely apartment in my home but as nice as it was she was missing out on activity and friends.

I didn't believe their was another option or that we could afford a retirement community. The staff is friendly and everyone has been very accommodating.

Not the case at all, I was blessed to have been directed to Brookdale and the Manteca facility. It has everything that will make her life full again. So glad I found this place.

Sherry was excellent! The facility was clean and friendly. Sherry showed us some rooms in both the assisted living and in memory care. We got to meet some of the staff and even talk to residents of the community. Sherry invited my mom and I to lunch so I could show her the community and get her evaluated by a nurse to determine the level of care my mom needs. In all I was very impressed and think I found the place for my mom to live.

Highest Praise

I think the highest praise I can give them is that every single person on the staff was open and friendly to all the residents and all the visitors. They made my mother feel like she was at home. I just wish they would have engaged my mother in more of the activities available.

Nice place, overall

Our loved one lived here for a time, before we needed to move her closer to family. Overall I think Brookdale Manteca is a nice place. The people are friendly, and the facility is well kept and clean. I would recommend it anyone looking into senior living in the area.

very good

I really like the dining area at Brookdale Manteca. They overall have been very good. The house cleaning and other services are all good.

One area for improvement is that I noticed a little lack of knowledge or skill in their administration of the medications.

Other than that though it was a very positive overall experience.

.....Where everyone knows your name

From the moment you walk in the door you feel welcome. The gals at the front desk are always friendly and I do not know how they do it but they remember everyone's name. Also love that animals are made welcome in the community.

perfect

My mother at first was not very pleased about moving in to Brookdale Manteca, but they made her feel very welcome, very comfortable, and very happy.

I honestly can not even think of anything where they could do better. They have really been perfect all around.

Very Helpful and Caring

The owner and the staff I was really pleased how they handled things and helped my dad out for the short time he was there. I wouldnt have asked for anyone if I had too,

Zack was very thorough, knowledgeable & caring. His empathy & understanding was very helpful in making a difficult step more approachable. The facility was sparkling clean, staff friendly and familiar with residents. They have thought of everything & provide a warm, homey environment.

above and beyond

The staff at Emeritus at Manteca really went above and beyond. They would work outside of their shift if need be to make sure mom was comfortable and cared for. The director of the facility, Sharon, was absolutely phenomenal and wonderful to work with. It has been a great experience and one we would very highly recommend.

Horrible Facility

I walked into my loved one's room to find my loved one covered in dried urine and feces. When I told the Resident Director, she said the care team must have skipped my loved one's room for some reason. Another time, I walked into my loved one's room to find my loved one in so much pain. When I told the Resident Director, she said they were running about an hour behind on the medication being dispersed and there was nothing she could do.

Didn't really care for the memory care area.

I saw the memory care area here. I didn't really care for it. I saw a different Emeritus, and they were great! They seemed to keep the residents active, and played games with them. They got the same food the rest of the residents did. The memory care at this Emeritus was not that way, and is the main reason we did not go here.

Sam Pollock

All of our Emeritus Memory Care Neighborhoods follow the same “Join Their Journey” program guidelines and all memory care staff receive the same training. We are sorry you didn’t experience this at Emeritus at Manteca.

They were nice, but they weren't over the top, and fake.

I thought they were very good. I didn't see any problems with the cleanliness, the staff was definitely a five. I can't think of anything they could have done better. I chose them because they seemed very friendly and helpful. They were nice, but they weren't over the top, and fake.

Far From the Freeway

I do thing it's less expensive but I'm in Redland so when I go to my office in Modesto, the other community I was considering was more convenient for me to pick my parents up. This place is quite a ways off the freeway. I would dread having to go all the way to pick them up and I wouldn't go visit as often.

The lady was very nice and very helpful. It's just that for me and my parents I felt the other location was better.

Dark and enclosed

The community is too big and just seemed like our loved one would get confused and lost in the community. The hallways are not as big as they are in other community so it really feels dark and enclosed. They need more windows and lighting in the hallways to really open up the community. The atmosphere was very good for us, there just wasn't very many people walking around. Overall it wasn't a good fit for our loved one.

Brookdale Manteca is an exceptional senior living community in Manteca, California. Located in the heart of California's Central Valley, Manteca is a vibrant city just a short drive from Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, Wine Country and historic Gold Country. Residents enjoy our proximity to the Promenade Shops at Orchard Valley, boasting over 720,000 square feet of stores, restaurants and entertainment.

Our campus provides a continuum of care services, including independent living, assisted living and memory care for seniors living with Alzheimer's disease or a related form of dementia. We know that every resident is unique and has different needs, which is why we work with each resident to develop a personalized care plan to address those needs.

Brookdale Manteca is highly regarded throughout the region as an exceptional senior community where residents continue to live even if needs change over time. Our luxurious community offers resort-style services and amenities, including:

Weekly happy hour every Friday afternoon
Daily fitness classes
Regular group outings to local attractions, shops and restaurants
Three homemade meals served daily in our dining room
Pet-friendly senior living for pets under 20 pounds