Hollander- Amazing Experience!

The family member living there is so happy with the setting, his apartment, the social atmosphere, and the attentiveness of the staff. He enjoys the outings they go on... restaurants and shopping. I appreciate the friendly professionalism, the cooperation I receive on behalf of my family member there, and teamwork of the staff, and the family environment... the holiday and other events that the residents really look forward to!

Pretty nice place but feels a little dreary. One of the halls has a very bad odor. I met a resident and she was very sweet. Our tour guide was wonderful and answered all my questions. This place is too far from my house. I want my mom closer to me.

Review of Holander according to Dad

I am not a resident of Holander in Monroe, Ga. My father moved in on [Removed]. He has complained the whole time.

The food is the main issue for him. To put it plainly he says it sucks. He has told them over and over he can not eat rice, grits or cornbread but they always bring it to him and he has to ask for something else. Food is either over cooked or under cooked or greasy. Biscuits like dough in the middle.

As of this time he still has not received his panic button.

Medications he just told me that they get messed up either to much or missing some.
He like most of the staff, they are very good to him.

He likes the 1 bed appt. but, he is going to move out in the next week or so.

Its like he always says. "All I have to look forward to is TV and eating. The tv and internet/wifi issues finally got resolved but, the food has gotten worse.

There is most likely some other issues but, these are the ones most out there.

Country Setting

I am very pleased with how our loved one is settling in at Hollander Senior Living. It is what we were looking for in a community, a nice setting in the country. He can get out and take walks and enjoy the outdoors. The staff is friendly and caring and are taking good care of his needs. I have dined there with him and the food is pretty good. He enjoys the meals they prepare. My dad is not one to join in the activities, but they do offer activities for the residents. It is easy to communicate with the staff if I have any questions or concerns regarding his well-being. I would recommend this community to others.

nice

This is a nice community. The people I met were nice. They allow pets and they seem to offer some nice activities. We were looking for respite care at the time and this community does not offer what we were looking for.

The whole staff is GREAT from the maintenance guy all the way up to the administers, very caring and very supportive to the family and resident.

I couldn't reach my mom!!

My mother was at this place for respite care, and during her stay the meals were nice and they tried to respect her diet. They misplaced a lot of her clothing. The worse part of the entire experience was the fact that we could not reach her, especially during the holidays. The phone would just ring and ring. The place was very nice, but I was not happy.

Not a very good home. They do not provide proper care and meals are not hot and healthy. Price is good but care is not very good. Moving soon.

Stay Away

My father is in Hollander, Monroe Ga. I would never put a loved one in a Hollander Senior Living home again. He wants to move. The food is not fit for human consumption. They do not give prescription medication out on time, if at all. They have cut cost so much that they neglect the needs of the residents.

Poor care for residents.

I had to remove my mother from this community because the lack of care they provided her while she was in there care. The staff would take forever to respond to call lights and would often forget to check on her throughout the week. I am disappointed that they let it get to the point of me having to take her out of the facility because I could not trust them to care for her properly. On the other hand she did say that the food tasted okay and she liked some of the activities they provided.

The Experience Seems Good

The care seems to be going really good for my mom. The community is a clean facility. I believe she likes the meals and she is eating well. I would recommend this community.

Very Helpful Community

It has been a good experience for us here at this community. This community has been very welcoming and accommodating. The staff is outstanding, they have been very helpful and kind. They keep the community very well maintained. There are nice activities offered for the residents. The residents have been friendly and welcoming. They are providing great care. He is pleased with the meals. Overall everything is going well and I would recommend this facility.

Would Use Them Again

It was a short term stay, and they were very flexible and accommodating, which is what we needed. I know they installed a new system, where the director knows how quickly the nurses respond, that they are keeping up with their response time, so I was impressed with that. I liked them and would use them again.

Friendly, caring staff

Our experience with Hollander Senior Living has been a very good one! The people here are polite and friendly, and they really do a great job looking out for the residents. My loved one has really shown a lot of improvement since she moved in!

Country living

I like the fact that it has a country setting. My dad really likes the food. His apt is spacious and has a patio. The care givers are very nice to him, he says they take good care of him.

I like the fact that it feels very homey in there. They have activities, but it is not so much all the time that you don't feel like you don't have time for your family. They have been very attentive to my dad and have gone the extra mile in communicating with me. They are really sweet. They try real hard to get him to take his medicine and have tried to have a good relationship with him. We've been very pleased.

This is the first place I visited and the only one I needed. It is a family atmosphere and it shows they care for the seniors. Schedules got crossed and they were not expecting me on the day I arrived. It kept getting better the more the tour went on. I am really excited and relieved to have mom stay here. Its like a home and everyone looked happy and content. I am very relieved and confident that mom will be taken care of!

Review of Hollander Senior Living - Monroe, GA

The rooms are superior! Very large for your money. It is a wonderful country setting that overlooks a lake. Staff is very attentive to your needs.

Lots of attention!

My mother has been at The Hollander for almost 2 weeks, and we have very pleased with the care the staff has been giving her. When she mashes her button for someone's help, they arrive very promptly. Different ones working there check on her periodically even when she has not called for help.

Mom would love the swans on the lake and the simple layout, but the uneven tile floor in the central atrium make this not doable. Long walk to the dining room from the double unit- its at the very end of the hall- and not overlooking the lake, except from out on the patio

Doing well so far

I think they do a good job overall at Hollander Senior Living. It's a nice looking, clean place, and the staff have all been very friendly. We are satisfied with our choice.

Very nice facility. Great view out of the back on the screen porch down to a nice pond. Clean, facility! No odors, very well kept up. Apartments are nice sized and the common areas are well laid out. Might be a little out of our price range - I am going to have to crunch some numbers to find out about that.

The director was nice and f...

The director was nice and friendly. The complex is very well kept. The residents seem to receive excellent care. It seems as if it's a great place to live.This complex is not the type of setting we want.

I toured the property and i...

I toured the property and it is very nice, the apartment is almost perfect, but not quite big enough for what my mom is looking for. But everything else seemed very nice, and the food was good.

Very nice place. Attentive ...

Very nice place. Attentive to the residents and willing to work with us.

Golden Years Retirement Village is a 48-apartment retirement village, which is located on 128 wooded acres. Golden Years has a stocked 4-acre pond and 96 acres of pastureland surrounded by woods and streams. Forty-four of the units are 552 square feet one bedroom apartments and the remaining four are 849 square feet two-bedroom apartments.

Each unit comes equipped with a full kitchen, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, Venetian blinds, wall-to-wall carpeting, wheelchair accessibility, private patio area and private bath and shower. Units also include water, power and cable, safety and security, emergency call systems, grab bars, non-skid showers, smoke detectors and sprinkler system.

Golden Years offers a wide range of services, which include Independent Living, Assisted Living, early to mid stages Alzheimer’s Care, Respite Care and Adult Day Care. Certified nurses assistance (CNAs) are available 24 hours a day. Activity programs are scheduled on a monthly basis which include physical fitness, educational programs, cultural events, as well as, shopping and social/recreational activities.