Highland Trail - Broomfield, CO

Adequate but common areas are somewhat dated and furniture appears to be used/old (but not antique). Has more of an institutional feel.

Overall this facility is very nice and staff has been great. The building is clean and when I visit it’s well maintained. I’ve eaten with my Husband once or twice and the food seems to be pretty good. They also have a lot of options including a healthy choice. His apartment is a one bedroom and it feels comfortable. However, my Husband has short-term memory loss and he is a lot younger than the other residents here. The other thing I don’t like is the staff doesn’t try to get him involved in daily activities. I would recommend this community to other families.

My parents are like happy campers here!

My parents just moved in about a month ago and it’s been a bit of an adjustment but my mom is like a happy camper. It’s been a very warm atmosphere and we had a good vibe from the start. The staff is interacting really well with my parents. I think there are a couple of staff members that my mom thinks are a little cooler than the others, but that might just be a personality thing. The rest of them have been very welcoming and helpful. For the most part it’s been like a family. The general manager, [Removed], even comes by once in a while to say hi. We’re a Christian family, and learning that [Removed] is an ex-pastor was really great. [Removed] is the activities manager and she’s been fantastic. The facility is wonderful and it just feels good. They clean the apartment weekly and take out the trash from the apartment once a week. But if you fill it up ahead of time then there’s a large trash can in the laundry room that you can dump it into. They have so many activities too! Games, outside musicians will come in, there was a Veteran’s day ceremony that was done so well, there are outside lunches, and they have something called Froggy Friday once a month where kids will come in and exchange letters with the residents. Every day there is probably only an hour or two where something ISN’T happening. They don’t want people just sitting in their apartments, they want them out socializing. Something that I learned while looking into the facility is that they partner with another outside assistance company that will help with showers and things like that. You do have to pay extra for those services, but they’re available for those who need it. They have a wonderful library and when we first came to take a tour and look at it, we just watched the residents and they all just seemed to be really enjoying their time. It was such a relief knowing that a great place existed that we could afford. I would recommend them and my mom is already trying to recruit her friends!

Pressuring Staff!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I was a little turned off after the staff made us feel like it was a cars salesman pitch. We where taken into the administration office right after our tour and they wanted us to sign papers right then and there. I felt very pressured and I did not appreciate that. It was a huge turn off that they did not want to give us time or even speak to my mother about everything.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I was pleased with the presentation that we had received. The staff where kind and where patient with all of our questions. They had a spacious dinning room as well common area spaces. I thought they had a nice floor plan and a lot of great amenities for the residents it was just not the right fit in the end decision for her.

Lovely People!!

I have recently made the decision to move into this community and I am looking forward to the move. The staff and all of the people have really made the transition easy and delightful. They have been helpful and always so polite every time I had went there. The property is not to big and has a great location. I like that everything is clean and well presented. Overall I am happy and looking forward to making the move into this place.

Everything is going great here!

Everything is going great here at Highland Trail! The staff are very nice and the facility is very clean. There are plenty of activities to participate in, and the staff are always open to suggestions, as far as new activities to start. I have no complaints!

5 stars

My mother in law is still adjusting to living at this community. The staff have been friendly and encouraging. They offer daily activities and the community is kept clean. I have tried the food and I thought it was good. They offer a variety of choices and they hired a new chef about a month ago. I would recommend this community.

1 bedroom apartment too small. Cost too high $3400- $3700/ month

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie and I'd like to thank you for providing this bit of feedback. Although I'm disappointed to hear we won't receive the opportunity to serve you based on pricing, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to come out and visit us. Of course, we wish you the best in your continued search for senior housing, and invite you back anytime if anything changes and you care to take another look. We wish you the best, take good care and thank you!

Nice size room for a couple

Food has been very good. You do have an established time you need to arrive for meals. Sheets and towels were provided, a nice service since my parent's POD has not yet arrived. The "Helping Hands" care providers are in the facility all day, and very kind and helpful. My parents need extra services with ADL's so this is very convenient.
The 2 bedroom unit my parents chose is very spacious and has lots of windows. The halls and community spaces are nicely decorated.
My parents have been there only a few days, but enjoyed the activities so far, especially the live entertainment.
The only improvement I would recommend is more interaction with management on arrival, we felt a little lost. I can't imagine my parents could have managed their check in without my help. We did not receive an offer of a tour (we were not able to tour the facility before move in because we live out of state).

Everything is going great!!

Overall everything has been going great for my loved one at this community. The apartment she has is perfect for with a full kitchen and lots of extra space for all of her personal belongings. It gives me a peace of mind that she has made such a smooth transition and is really enjoying her self in her new living environment. I am thankful that I found a great place like this one for her to live in.

While this is an independent living facility, it feels more like an assisted living facility without the healthcare oversight. All meals are provided in the dining room. Inits do not have full kitchens - no full stove. Rooms do not have washers and dryers - there is a shared laundry room for the floor. It is priced more like assisted living.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, we are so happy you came out and took the time to visit us! We truly appreciate your visit, as well as your valuable and constructive feedback. We are sorry to hear our community did not suit your needs, but are so thankful for the opportunity to have met you and to have received this feedback from you. We wish you the best on your search, and would welcome you anytime to come give us another look if you change your mind now or down the road - thanks again!

Very nice place!

My tour of the Highland Trail went well. The place was very nice and so were all of the people that I came in contact with. When I toured this one, I had already like another location better, but other than that this place was nice.

So far so good...

So far, my friend is doing well since her move to the Highland trail. The place is comfortable and clean. The apartment she is in is nice but somewhat small. So far, we have no complaints about this place.

They have met all dad's needs!!

The director at this community is fabulous. He has handled all the things dad has requested help with. Dad loves it here and wishes he would have moved sooner. I am relieved he is happy and enjoying the company of others. He plays bingo and bag baseball. He goes out with other residents to events in the community. He loves the meals and the variety of food choices. I would recommend this community.

This is a great community. We are happy with the care that I am receiving here. . Staff is outstanding and caring. The food is very good and the activities are outstanding. I would highly recommend this community for other families.

A nice place to live.

This is a nice community for me. It is very clean. I like the staff that are always helpful. The food is good here and I am pleased with the meals that are offered. I would recommend this for other families looking for a good community.

The wait staff are good!!

There seems to be a mixture of staff at Highland Trail. Some are really good and some seem a little cold. I have tried the food and I like it, however my mother in law does not. The community is clean and well taken care of. I would recommend it. I also would check into the transportation offered by the community.

Mom is back to her old self since moving into Highland!!!!

Mom is participating in many of the activities they offer here. They do not have kitchens in their rooms so they are encouraged to go down to meals. The staff really got to know her and they treat the residents with respect. We are very pleased with how clean the community is and the outside is well maintained. I would recommend this community.

A Hard Transition

This has been a hard transition for my mother. She wants to move back home, but our family knows this is a good place for her to be at. I do have my concerns regarding the promised they made us. They have not followed through with a lot of things they promised us. Their communication with me could be better. There are activities offered and the food is fine. I'am confident about the care she is receiving, but I don't know if I would recommend this community.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie and I work for Holiday in our home office. I'd like to thank you for sharing this feedback with us.Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service, and your reaching out with your thoughts and comments is critical to that process. We are very happy to hear you are confident in the care she is receiving, and that the activities and food are meeting your expectations. We would, however, like to work with you and your mother on helping facilitate an easier transition. Our resident Relations team can help with this, and can be reached at [removed]. We hope to hear from you soon!

The Food Is Way Above Average

My sister is really enjoying her time here at Highland trail. Everything is going very well for her and she has adjusted very well to the community. The place is spotless and very neat and clean. She says the staff is great and very friendly and helpful to her. They do offer activities through out the week for the residents. The food here is above average and very good she loves it. Our experiences have been a pleasant and I would recommend this community.

Not what was advertised.

We moved my mom into Highland Trail a few weeks ago. They claimed to have good food, cleaning staff and ambassadors to help new residents adjust. None of those things were true. There is extremely high turnover in the management and the staff. The newest management is trying hard to make things better; we'll give it another month to see if that happens. Most of the residents that my mom has met are unhappy there.

A very nice place

Highland Trail is a very nice place. My mother-in-law is having some trouble adjusting but we think it is working out. There are quite a few activities and she is participating now. She's not very fond of the food, she thinks there is a poor variety, that's her one complaint.

Great people who really care about the residents

Maybe a little more variety in the food. They keep the place clean, neat and pretty. They have lots of activities and they have great people who really care about the residents.

No complaints

They go out of their way to help my Father (he cannot see.) I really have no complaints and he does not either. They are doing a really good job taking care of his needs.

Everyone seems to care

Great place where everyone seems to care. The property and the building are well kept, clean and maintained nicely. Everyone always speaks and they know you by name.

Food and Management Need Improvements

They could definitely improve on the food they serve and with the managers, who tended to take control of everything. The facility itself was a very good facility, but the food especially needs to be improved.

The Best Place

So far it has been good. The meals were good and the place seems fairly clean. They have many activities in-house that I think are good for the residents and the price is certainly right. The facility she was at before had a bunch of hidden charges, but Highland Trail laid it all out for us. It is the best place to live for the money.

Highland Trail Testimonial

So far Highland Trail has turned out to be an excellent place for independent living for my Mother. There are many activities and the meals are of high quality. I would recommend this place to anyone who is interested in providing an independent living situation with lots of on-site activities.

seems really great

Everyone seems really great at Highland Trail. It seem like a great value. They have movie nights and other activities. If someone needs a little bit of assistance but not full on assisted living this is the perfect place. This facility is a concentration of people in the same boat. They hire independent caregivers in 15 minute increments to come give assistance to the residents. I think that is just a great thing. The overall mood of the residents seems healthy and happier at this facility.

They change management way too frequently..

I left the Highland Trail about eight months ago. They change management way too frequently. There is different people coming and going. This facility is advertised as being independent, but there is too many people accepted that require a lot of care. A majority of the residents can't walk on their own. I liked the residents there, they were nice. A downer is that there is a lot of deaths on a monthly basis.

I think that they could improve on weekend staff coverage. There have been times when there are insufficient people so the meals take longer and they are a little disorganized and chaotic. Other than that I would say they do a good job.

The managers here are absolutely top notch. They are very helpful..

The Highland Trail is a really nice community. It is really comfortable. The food is good. Most of the time its excellent. I'm finding that the managers here are absolutely top notch. They are very helpful. The facility itself is very nice. It's very clean. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. It has a really warm and friendly environment. The value is excellent. I can't rate the care services because it is not applicable.

very well pleased

My sisters and I have all been very well pleased with Highland Trail. We had very short notice that we needed to find a place for our father to go. It was a bit of an emergency and we did not have time to plan. That being the case we were a little nervous, but they have been extremely helpful. They bent over backwards to help out, and made us feel that we and our father were very important to them. They have really good well organized activities that keep the residents active and engaged, and getting out every now and then.

Very friendly place!

Highland Trail has done an absolutely wonderful job taking care of my loved one so far! The staff are all very friendly, and there is always someone available to help him out whenever he needs it. They have an excellent meal service, and they've been incredibly accommodating regarding his dietary issues, they're always happy to make him something off the menu if he's unable to eat what they are serving that day. The entire community just has a tight-knit friendly feeling, the residents and staff all look out for one another!

smooth transition

I have been very pleased with Highland Trail. The best part about Highland Trail is that they made the transition into the place so very easy. I much appreciated how well they accommodated us. The staff there is excellent and my mother is very happy.

Totally agree with other reviewer about Holiday policies. Staff was great. Food was inconsistent. Nice management when we moved my parents in. Soon after, management changed and new manager was rude and belligerent. Called me in the middle of the night to tell me father had fallen, but was fine. I got the impression that if he was gonna be woken up in the night, then so was I.

Parents health deteriorated to point that they had to be moved for safety reasons. I was told by an industry professional that companies usually let tenants out of their lease early if it's for health reasons, but Holiday would not budge.

I discovered too late that their "community fee" was ridiculously high compared to other facilities in Denver area.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm so sorry your parents had a negative experience at Highland Trail. As for the lease concern, have you brought it up to our Resident Relations department? If anyone can help, they can, so if you haven't explained your situation to them, I highly suggest giving them a call. You can reach them at [removed].

really great wonderful people

They are really great wonderful people at Highland Trail , and it is a really nice cheerful place.

There were a couple of things promised by the person I signed up with that did not come to fruition, and that person is no longer with them. That was a little disappointing. Also, sometimes when I call and leave a message for mom she does not get the message. I also wish they had driving services on the holidays and weekends.

Those are a couple of areas for improvement, but overall they have been great and it has been a wonderful experience.

They are doing a pretty good job.

So far so good. They are clean, and the staff is friendly. I don't really have any concerns at this time. They are doing a pretty good job.

Daddy is happy

They have plenty of opportunities for activities and things to do, but my father is too stubborn to do anything. The studio he has is a largest and they supply everything he needs. He is very happy there. The staff is very friendly. The place is beautiful. It's a great value. They offer transportation and the only thing that I think would be more helpful is if they had a schedule for their transportation services. I think it would be much easier if my dad didn't have to go down to the front desk and ask to be taken to the library and rather if there was a schedule, where he would know on certain days at certain times, they go to the library or to Walmart or such. I think that would be great. Just like they do with the meals, where they know what they'll have on which days and such. Otherwise, we are very happy.

Independent living, mother happy, not a lot of activities

My mom likes it. She likes that she can talk to people there.

It is an independent living facility; they provide basically housing and food.

I think they can do a lot of activities. There isn't a whole lot for people there to do, and the person who runs the activities could be more creative.

I love the location, because it is a block from my house. While my mother is very happy there,.

My dad is happy there !

I think they have plenty of activities but my father chooses not to participate. They offer transportation but the only thing is that everyone has to sign up for transportation to any specific place. I think he would prefer that he had a schedule of transportation to specific places that he can just look at and know when they are going to make a trip to the library or to Walmart, etc. instead of having to ask to be taken somewhere each time.

10+

On the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff on a scale of one to five, I’d give them a ten plus!. They are just super! They just have excellent care and service. Sometimes I wish I could cook as well as they do!

They do a pretty good job.

They do a pretty good job. It's a very clean community. There was some concern over the food, but they have some new people in there now, and they are improving. We chose this community because we liked the location.

Happy

I don’t live there – my loved one does – so I can’t rate the care services really. So far we’ve been happy with everything. From what I can see they’re very clean and the staff is very friendly.

The folks at Highland Trails are supe...

The folks at Highland Trails are superb--both the residents and the faculty or administration. They are kind, friendly, accommodating,, genuine and magnanimous. They listen and they try to help the aspiring resident to make an informed decision. They invited me back on numerous occasions to visit or to share a meal with them.

The facility looks and smells clean and fresh. I will enjoy living there.

Good building, bad management

They are finally starting to do some things better. Holiday is a very inconsistent management company. We have been there 8 months, and have gone through five managers. Every time they bring someone in who does a good job they send them away, and when they have someone who isn't good, we have to fight tooth and nail to get rid of them, and they finally got one we like, we have to see if we get to keep them. The corporation doesn't listen to us as residents. We would like to see some things change. The food is very inconsistent. We have been through a couple of different chefs. The building itself is good, it's a nice building. When I chose the community I liked the quality of the building, and the management at the time, the location was good too. I would like to see their transportation get better. It's independent living, and that is what we are told, but the transportation isn't accessible to those with wheelchairs or that cannot climb stairs. It's an attitude problem with Holiday.

Satisfaction with Highland Trails

We moved my 89 year old mother to Highland Trails six months ago and she absolutely loves living at Highland Trails. She loves her apartment because it is new, clean and spacious. She loves all the activities and likes socializing as both staff and residents are very friendly and helpful. She especially loves the bingo games and the entertainment they bring in. She really appreciates the shuttle service and is very pleased that they take her wherever she needs to go within a 10 mile radius. It is very reasonably priced for the value. The only comment and recommendation my mother has is to improve the food. The food is hit and miss and I understand that the residence have put together a petition to have the food improve.

She recently needed to get hearing aids and there is a Company that services Highland and she was able to purchase her new hearing aids without leaving Highland Trail.

The only suggestion I would have is if they can provide service to help the residents if they have minor needs. For example, if a purchase arrives in a box if one of the staff were able to help residents to take it out of the box.

The cleaning staff is marvelous and it is wonderful for my mother to have her apartment cleaned every week and sheets changed when needed.

Overall, my family is very relieved that my mother is in a very safe, clean, and friendly environment at 89 and is happy. My congratulations to Highland Trails for making this a senior independent living experience my mother, myself and my family are very pleased with.

We Would Recommend!

The management just recently changed, and it seems like they are maybe on a rotation. It sort of makes it difficult in terms of communication. Sometimes, the residents are confused about the way information is presented to them.

However, the housekeepers and wait staff have been there since our loved one moved in. There's a lot to do! They just got a new actvitity director and they are asking for the resident's input to create more activities that they will be interested in!

Considering our past experiences, the value here is much better. She is paying less now, and has a larger apartment with better food. The food, I would give a 4. Overall, it's pretty good.

As for the staff, there are little things that they could work on, such as keeping eye contact with the residents, or talking slower, but other than that, we are very happy and would recommend them!

Good place

Very Nice facility catering to more of the 75 and above age group. I am younger. The only drawback is the food. I think it would be nice if they catered to peoples dietary lifestyle, otherwise I would recommend.

I have no complaints.

I have no complaints. Once you go inside, you are pretty much sold. It just looks like regular apartments, and I almost didn't go inside. I am glad I did! It's been good.

For independent living they do a very nice job.

For independent living they do a very nice job. The food is a four. They were happy to see us when we first visited, some of the other communities never even called us back.

Waited to find someone for ...

Waited to find someone for 10+ minutes. Staff seemed young and a little unprofessional. Room seemed cheaply made. Facility was not warm and inviting - just big. Too far!

love it

love it

Talked to a rep today. Advised that s...

Talked to a rep today. Advised that studios not currently available but that pricing for a studio one person was $2,495. She said she would keep my contact number and our price restrictions for possible contact if better options are available.

Very nice. It will depend on how muc...

Very nice. It will depend on how much latitude they have on the rents. The only drawback was no real kitchen in the apartments.

Very clean,well cared for facility. ...

Very clean,well cared for facility. Very friendly and helpful.

Situated on beautiful grounds in a charming suburb of Broomfield, we’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, golfing, dining and wonderful local entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind