HIGHGATE SENIOR LIVING - Bellingham, WA

Nice facility

My dad has been at Highgate for one year and he fit right in pretty quick. Although he has mobility issues he gets around quite well with a walker and the facility is so safe especially with his walker. He enjoys the food, and I like the fact that his room is cleaned once a week and bed changed for him. He has been encouraged to deal the black jack games once a week, and has found some friends to play cribbage with also. Family is always welcome, and the staff are equally friendly in greeting us!. I am so glad that his move from his home to assisted living has worked out so well!

Adam Bryan

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We are so happy to read that you're happy with Highgate Bellingham. If you have suggestions on how we can move from a 4 to a 5 in your eyes, we'd love to hear it. Take care and thanks again!

Williams family

My Dad has been residing at Highgate Senior living for about 2weeks. He has come from another assisted living Dementia unit that didn't work well with him. Highgate has been great and determined that he didn't need the cottage at this time. I have noticed that my Dad has been much happier and less agitated. He enjoys the food and other residents. Loves his apartment and now when I visit he is back to having a huge smile on his face, he is also relaxed and enjoying activities. Thank you Highgate for quality care of our loved ones.

Look else where

Miss management. Over billing and lack of care for the residents. Please think twice before placing your loved one here

Worst experience of our lives. We took her out of there after two weeks.

Look elsewhere

Cleanliness was poor to average. Several areas smelled of urine. Staff are overworked and rushed with residents. Prices are high compared to other places in the same area. Activities are very hit and miss. Leadership is lacking. Look elsewhere for your loved ones.

Smaller Community

It’s smaller than the community than the one our loved one is at now. She was only there for a couple of weeks, but I’d give it a five on all categories. It was clean and the staff was friendly. Everything was good when we used their services.

Didn't like the feel, Issues with management

It's more institutional, I think because it was designed for assited living. It's not that it's bad it just they didn't have much personal choice. For example the residents couldn't choose who who was going to be thier hearing aid rep. They could be using someone for years and then the management changed and they had to use someone else. There were problems with the management. Staff was leaving to work at another place.

About 80% of the people there needed lots of services. The common areas and rooms were small, there was a vending machine in the snack area and the rooms were more room-like than apartment-like. I didnt like the feel of it.

“Providing loving care from the Heart”

Our dementia cottage is cozy and intimate, and each person who enters out cottage, receives a “Best Friend” – someone to go on this most difficult journey of dementia with your loved one. Best Friends spend time with their resident. They keep a scrap book/journal about their resident. They send cards and letters to the family, and the doctors, telling how the resident is doing. Our cottage itself is like a step back in time – to the time they remember from their youth. Dining is a wonderful family style event. Many meaningful activities are offered.

Our Manor House is larger than our Cottage, but also is fairly small. It too offers Best Friends to all new residents. The Manor is willing and able to take in heavy care residents, as well as those needing lesser care. Dining is friendly yet gourmet experience, much like at a fancy hotel. Our caregivers are friendly and our activities are so much fun.

Both buildings offer good care done with love. We aim to do the right thing by folks, keeping them for the rest of their lives, in a home that is lovely, but small and homey. Please come visit.