Heathers Estates - Crystal, MN

I didn't like it.

I toured this facility with the family, and we didn't like it at all. The facility was not clean and it smelled of smoke.

A tour of a community.

I toured this community for myself to live. I was happy with the staff and the cleanliness of the community. They had a lot to offer but I wanted a different type of atmosphere.

A community for care

we toured this community for care for what we needed. The staff were very helpful and showed us a clean community that is maintained. We like the menu of the meals that would have been offered. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one and for the cost of a nice community.

Overall Pleased with My Move

So far I'am pretty pleased with my move to this community. It is a nice community. I would suggest that they have some type of orientation to the community. Other than that issue everything seems to be working out well. I've met a nice residents that are willing to show me around the community. It is a well-kept community. For the most part they do a good job with the cleanliness. I'am still getting adjusted to the routine around the community, but overall I would recommend this community.

Not as nice...

For some reason at Heathers Estates, the assisted living was much nicer than the independent living. The community looked like it was not maintained very well, it was not my top choice.

Too long of a wait...

We toured this community when looking for my parents. The staff was friendly and it was clean. We decided on another option in the area because Heather Estates had a longer wait on the Elderly Waver Program.

Great Activity Center!!

I am very pleased with my move into this community so far. My apartment was spacious and came with a complete kitchen as well washer and dryer. The only improvement I wish they had was more natural light throughout the studio and not so many lamps. I love enjoying the company of the residents at the activity center playing different card games and bingo.

The Right Fit For A Younger Community

It is fantastic the environment suit my mom very well. It's nice and well taken care of and they have a bunch of activities going on all the time in the great room. We like the nice indoor pool that is heated open to family members. The family can come to swim especially since being in Minnesota. The staff are welcoming every time we visit. Mom likes they have younger residents around her age.

Older building. Needs upgrades.

Good Tour!

My tour of the Heather Estates went great, the place was very nice. From what I saw, the place was very well kept up and all of the people I had contact with were very nice and helpful. The reason we did not choose this community was because we were not comfortable with the area it was in.

This is an older property that, with a little work, could be really nice. The staff was very nice, Judy was a great tour guide. The library was exceptional. Unfortunately you immediately walk down a flight of stairs to get in the main door. This isn't a problem for residents because the other doors are on the main floor but it sets the tone. The interior courtyard is nice and garages encircle the property. Minuses were that all of the hall carpets needed replacing, the wall texture and a few of the tubs were definitely from a different era, and the dining facility was in a different building. So you have to walk across the parking lot for meals. The office also smelled, probably from water damage.

The neighborhood is nice and quiet!

The community is very secure and comfortable. All of the staff and residents are very friendly. They offer a variety of activities that other residents really seem to enjoy. They have outings, family potlucks, tai chi, and many more. It is a family friendly community where family members can easily visit and spend time with loved ones. A Place for Mom is a very good resource!

Communication in the building

The first time I given tour I was impressed with the friendliness of the people. The smiles of the people who were already living there. While on my tour I was impressed with the many different activities that are for through out the week. You can chose to participate or not. The activities are not expensive at all. The independent 55+ individuals are a very active group. They have a table with bulletin board with activities for the month listed of what is going on, a file with the apartment numbers special announcements. Calendars to take individually to put up on refrigerator in your apartment and a menu for Heather Manor.
News of what is happening in the elevator and activities and classes are in the elevator and upcoming events in elevator too. The elevator is like a moving news board changing all the time if you live on the second or third floors. The first floors it is posted around on the bulletin board. Their is no way a person is not kept informed of what is going on activities wise. Word of mouth is probably the other biggest way, because we all love to talk about everything.

Migraine54

i moved in on 7/6/16. My new home is on the third floor via the elevator and a back view which I don't mind. My home is quiet which I do want. Moving makes for walking a lot which I don't mind too much. Exercise is always good. Residents are very friendly and say hello to you. Looking forward to doing activities. Can take shopping van with group or go shopping alone. Very friendly staff. Very exceptional place to live I think for what I am looking for. Price is in my budget. Calendar is at table by each elevator that has month's activities and you look under your apartment numer for correspondence from office. Large bulletin board lists everything going on with other ads for Seniors. Great place to live and many activities.

Things are going quite well at Heathers Estates!!!

The staff are friendly and willing to help with anything. I have participated in a few of the daily activities offered. I have not had a chance to try the food yet. I would recommend this clean and well taken care of community.

I am Happy Here

This is a good community and I am doing very well. They are treating me very well. I really like the staff, they are all very kind. They are always willing to help. The food is okay, I wish it tasted better. There are a few activities offered. I enjoy my room and the other residents is very friendly. Overall this is a community I would recommend.

Nice looking place

A good experience just when I needed it.

I recently moved my mom into The Heathers Estates. The place seems to have a vibrant, positive community of residents. The staff, Judy and Ann, have gone above and beyond to not only help with the transition, but make my mom feel at home. I have complete peace of mind knowing she is there. I'm grateful for places like this.

Heathers Estates

It's a wonderful place to live. The people are so friendly!

Heathers Estates

There are many activities we do in our community. And maintenance is the best. 9 out of 10 times they can fix the problem the same day. They even install light bulbs so I don't have to climb on a chair! Recommend highly!

Heathers Estates

I have lived at the Heathers for 10 years (in Feb.). I very much have enjoyed being here. The only drawback is, that the building is so old, but well maintained. We all enjoy it here.

Heathers Estates

I have lived here at the Heather for 7 years and I have enjoyed it all. The people who work here are so nice and accommodating. The people who live here are so nice and so much fun. I would not move away as you couldn't find a better group or care. Friendly, I give the people who work here the highest marks you could give. Everyone is so friendly.

Heathers Estates

Manager knows her job very well -- tells you how 'it is'. Upkeep, as far as I know, is good -- friendly staff, willing to help when called for.
So far, my ten years here have been very good.

Heathers Estates

I have lived here going on seven years. The Heathers is a great place to live. the staff here at the Heathers care about the residents.

The Heathers Estate

Staff very attentive and gets new residents involved in meeting their neighbors from the very first day.

Toured May 7th. It is more reasonable priced.

Friends our age

My husband and I have lived at Heathers Estates for 5 years. We enjoy the many activities and busing to get around shopping. Our new friends are great, we have had a lot of fun just doing what ever we want.

Highly recommend this lovely community

Beautiful setting, right next to a gorgeous park, walking trails, lake, ducks, geese. Also a great private courtyard for residents only! I toured and loved the place, quiet neighborhood, friendly atmosphere, lots of activities for those who care to partake in them. Highly recommended!

Great place to call home

I have lived at the Heathers Estates for several years. One of the reasons i picked the community was because of the beautiful private court yard and all the walking trails at Bassett Creek Park. The neighborhood is very quiet and I enjoy every day I can be out side.

High traffic/noise. No green space.

Our spacious campus is located next to Bassett

Creek Park in the heart of Crystal, MN. Your "back yard" is an expansive nature preserve with inviting walking paths and great views! Close to shopping, entertainment and freeway access, the campus is home to the Heathers Estates, independent living
and the Heathers Manor, assisted living.

Together these communities give you lifestyle

choices for a lifetime.

The Heathers Estates is an Independent Living

community that offers an array of on-site services and amenities. One and two bedroom apartment homes surround a beautiful courtyard with picnic area,
gas grills, and flower garden. Each apartment home
features central heat and air as well as an
oversized private balcony or screened-in porch.
Additionally, each home has plenty of closet space,
a tile bath and updated appliances. The built-in
advantages of the Heathers Estates deliver a fun, comfortable and secure lifestyle.

See for yourself. We invite you to come for a tour and discover the pleasure of apartment home living at the Heathers Estates.