Westridge - Minnetonka, MN

• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Chapel Onsite
  • Guest units available
  • Guest units available

This would have been my choice too, but there were no apartments available for my needs. Very nice place, well cared for. Nice wide hallways with railings. The residents were great too!

Didn't like the location

This is a very nice community and the staff here did a great job showing us around, taking their time with us and answering our questions. Mom just felt that the location was not where she wanted to be.

Happy with being there

The staff have been helpful and they are quick to respond. The restaurant is excellent. The other residents are friendly and fun to be with. They offer daily activities including an exercise class with a trainer. They keep the community clean and there is a sitting area outside the dining room. They are constantly taking care of things. There are plenty of places within walking distance and I would recommend this community.

My Home Sweet Home

I like living at this community. I am amazed at how clean this community is all the time. I like the staff that everything is brand new when I moved. The staff need alittle more assistance with the orentation and not everything was available. They need to coordination on a few things. The office staff need to keep residents updated on information with the billing issues. I like that I am doing my own cooking. They do have a chef that does cook meals that are offered. I would recommend this community to other people looking for a good place to live.

This has been great for mom

Mom says she likes the food and the community is clean. They offer activities, lectures and trips out. Mom likes that this community is close to shopping and they offer a month to month option.

Warm, bright and clean environment. Very friendly community. Really liked the size--not too big.

In need of activities...

The Westridge community was nice, but it was in need of more activities. The common areas were very small, and I did not see much interaction between the residents. It was not a right fit for my mother because we needed somewhere with more going on.

Very nice place with so much to offer but too far away from metroplex and my sister for me at this time.

Very Happy at Westridge

I was concerned about my mom leaving her hometown and house, but she is very happy at Westridge. The staff are friendly and responsive, she enjoys interacting with the other residents. Mom has gone on several activities and had fun. She also likes the shopping trips via their van. We compared costs and amenities, and this was the best for us in those areas. Westridge has been a great decision all the way around.

It really is a great set up.

We are pretty happy with it. Everyone here is very friendly. The food is pretty good. Things are kept clean, the apartment is beautiful. We liked that it was newer place. We liked the location. Mom likes the security too, nobody gets in without a key, and she loves the little deck off of the living room. They have lots of nice walking paths, and is close to Trader Joes. It really is a great set up.

Pleasant staff and residents seem to genuinely like being there. Size of building seemed just right. Not too big, not too small. Showed us 3 different floor plans. The only concern we had was the step-in tubs. The cut-out seemed a little high for our mother to manage. I do think there are options that would work. Places to congregate or spend time quietly reading.

wonderful place

They are extremely friendly, and Westridge is a wonderful place. Very clean and well-kept.

We have struggled a little bit with maintenance. For example, there is a garbage disposal that has been out for a while and still is. Then on the activities, they could use a little more variety.

Kate Skapyak

I am sorry you had issues with the disposal when you moved in. The maintenance team currently in place is quick to respond and fix or replace appliances as necessary. I've worked in this industry a long time and haven't come across a more amicable and professional maintenance team!

Review of Westridge Independent Living in Minnetonka, MN

This was an absolutely wonderful place - nice amenities, great staff, very active senior community. Unlike many senior apartments, there was a dining option, which was a big plus. Monthly rental was reasonable in comparison to others. Great location near shopping, entertainment and medical. Unfortunately not quite the right fit for my dad who has special dietary needs.

Terri was wonderful, we fel...

Terri was wonderful, we felt very welcome. amenities & food is great. no laundry in units & prices were high for the size of the units

I wouldn't have given Westridge a 5 i...

I wouldn't have given Westridge a 5 if it wasn't wonderful! However, there are some little things you may want to consider.

First, there is no common room for internet use. You can pay to have it installed in your apartment, but there's no where to bring your notebook and peruse the internet. Also, it would be nice to have a room where there's a nice, big TV where you can watch movies or TV shows.

As for activities, they could really improve on the variety. I don't particularly find them interesting. Specifically, it would be nice if they could tie in some adult education.

The laundry is a hassle, since the units aren't in your room, and you have to go downstairs. Also, they charge quarters, so you end up having a bunch of quarters.

The bathrooms didn't come with a flexible shower head, so you have to pay to have that installed. Also, the bathtubs are regular tubs, and pretty useless for some older people. Walk-in tubs would be more useful.

Other than that, everything is done well here. They are very accomodating, and even let me bring my grand piano. The food is universally praised, and in general, the place is wonderful!

Kate Skapyak

Responding today to provide an update. In 2014 WestRidge eliminated coin operated laundry machines. There are 2 laundry rooms located on each floor, one in each wing. The machines are complementary. There is also a wireless hot spot located on the first floor and a resident computer with internet access will be available in the new Resident Lounge opening Spring of 2016.

What a Great Place!

So accomodating! As far as the activities, my loved one really doesn't participate in them, but I do know that they are offered, The staff is great, and they know me by name! My loved one hasn't been too impressed with the food, so that was a bit of a let down. Also, the meal plan is required, so that's not great. The communication with the staff is great. Shannon is concerned about things, and she communicates with me well. Also, the moderate rate program is extremely helpful and saves my loved one money! Overall, Westridge is clean and bright, and they really bent over backwards for us in a tough situation. They worked hard to get us in, and we thank them for that!

Kate Skapyak

Thank you for your helpful feedback! I too an glad WestRidge offers the Moderate Rent rate to eligible seniors. Sure helps when on a fixed income! In 2014 WestRidge dropped the meal plan requirement but I hope your loved one gives our meals another shot - I have enjoyed almost everything I've eaten here!

The only thing I have any issue with ...

The only thing I have any issue with is that their meals are part of it you don't have a way to opt out, which they are considering now, we did know that going in and chose it anyway, and it's awesome food. Everything has just been perfect, the staff, the food, I feel like as a family member I would, and have recommended it. They have residents that have an orchestra that go around to other places and play as well as playing here, and I have come to some of the concerts as well.

Kate Skapyak

Thank you for your kind review. The food is great isn't it! Wanted to let you (and others) know that WestRidge removed the meal requirement in 2014. Meals are still available on an a la carte basis and a complementary continental breakfast featuring rolls, bagels and toast is available as well.

I've only been here for 10 days, but ...

I've only been here for 10 days, but I like it. Everybody is very friendly. Food is good, apartment is well designed with good storage. Management and maintenance people are very helpful. Location is great.

too dated and tired

too dated and tired

No 2 bedroom available on t...

No 2 bedroom available on the main floor besides the model that faces the parking lot. 2nd floor is available but it is too long of a walk everytime the dog or cat would want to go outside. Meal service looked good. 6 month lease may not be possible. May be interested if a unit becomes available.

I think Joyce is very nice....

I think Joyce is very nice. However, we don't think we want to sign a lease. Brightondale or Mainstreet Village.

Great Place to Live

Westridge is really a great place for Dad to live. There is a meal plan available for those who either can't cook or choose not to cook. Also very important to many seniors, they allow pets. Being able to have his dog with him, Dad is more active than he would have been otherwise. The Market Rate Units make living there a place Dad can afford. Dad likes it and we his children like it.

WestRidge is conveniently located on Hopkins Crossroad, near interstate 394 in Minnetonka offering all amenities of suburban life. Our secured community provides the highest quality housing and services available. A warm and inviting atmosphere will welcome you, ensuring that you feel right at home.

There are eight spacious one and two bedroom floor plans, each designed with full kitchens and ample cupboards and cabinets. Every apartment has a large walk in closet, individually controlled heating and cooling, and an emergency call system monitored 24 hours per day and responded to by the on-site caretakers on evenings and weekends.

Complimentary transportation is provided for scheduling shopping, outings, events, and medical appointments. Programs for health and wellness; social, cultural and recreational are abundant, so you may choose to participate in all, or just a few now and then. There is a private hair salon offering great prices; and nondenominational services held in our beautiful chapel. Our chaplain visits WestRidge three times per week and is available to those who whish a visit, even while hospitalized or during rehab.

There are several common areas to have fun with family and friends, or if you are looking for a quieter atmosphere try our cozy library. When family and friends come to visit, offer them our guest suite for a very reasonable price. We do provide parking in our heated underground garage, accept small pets, and encourage a smoke free environment.

The best way to experience the ambiance of our community is to come for a visit. See you soon.