Heartland Health Care Ctr - Ann Arbor, MI

Heartland Health Care Ctr - Ann Arbor, MI has yet not published prices.

Medical care poor - rehab team excellent!

My experience here was that one needed to be CONSTANTLY overseeing the care of one's loved one - micromanaging, in fact. My mother was brought here to rehab from two broken patella and the rehab staff was the only saving grace of this facility - they were VERY competent and a pleasure to work with! On the flip side, the medical staff were incompetent. To be fair, perhaps they were stretched too thin. Upon their recommendation, my mother was taken off her warfarin preparatory to having a vena cava filter installed, and then the warfarin was never re-started. Being unaware that this was a medical necessity, I didn't know to follow up with medical staff to re-start the med. My mother was discharged in reportedly good status only to end up rushed to the ER within five days with pulmonary embolisms. I also experienced bureaucratic challenges in working with the business office on insurance coverage.

Located next door to St Joseph Mercy Hospital, 4 miles from University of Michigan on East Huron River Drive in Ann Arbor, MI, Heartland provides individualized post-hospital skilled nursing care in a comfortable environment. Our clinical and therapy teams are experienced in providing specialized care focused on your needs, interests and ability. This commitment results in a smoother and safer transition throughout your recuperation.You should look for a setting that specializes in providing vital medical care and rehabilitation in a warm and caring environment. We offer a range of services to meet your health care needs.