Shawnee PARC - Overland Park, KS

My wife was just there and the care was terrible. Calls not answered,food trays from breakfast and lunch still in room at 2pm

Take a second look and compare elsewhere

Dad is 103, and in poor health, he's been living in assisted living for nearly two years. the last 4 months have been plagued with understaffing, can never reach the nurse in charge, because their voicemail is full, the nurse is rarely there, I've only seen the nurse 3 times in the last 3 months, and I'm up visiting dad mornings, evenings, afternoons.

last week there was a flu epidemic and after two days the quarantine was lifted and at least 4 more residents became ill (dad wasn't one of them) making 11 out of I believe 24 on the floor.

When they first opened a little over two years ago, it was a great place, and dad actually wanted to live there. If our family would have known how far and fast care has fallen we most definitely would have gone elsewhere

Awful, horrifying place.

I wouldn't drop off my [Removed] here.

This is the most unprofessional, uncaring place I have ever seen. I have been here only five hours, and I am utterly horrified by the lack of care. Sent after back surgery. Last pain meds at 3:20pm. I have been here am and crying in pain, yet still no pain meds. I was used to getting the every two hours at that hospital.

Not recommended

Would not recommend this facility. The care is mediocre and their billing department is totally clueless. There are better facilities in Kansas. I was told four times via phone I owed no money, that Medicare and my supplemental insurance paid my bill and I had a zero balance. Then weeks later I got a bill so I took it to the healthcare facility and sat with the billing lady and she said tear it up, you owe nothing. Then I get a letter a few days before Christmas from the Healthcare Resort they are turning me over for collection for nonpayment after five times I was told I owe nothing. This facility has no idea what they are doing.

Great place to get well fast

Everything was great, my mom didn't want to leave! The therapy team got her walking again in no time. She loved the food and fellowship, and she's now she's doing great.

Rehab Facility? Think Twice

I've never been in such an unsafe and unprofessional environment. My mother has been in the rehab facility twice in the past 3 weeks. Both times, they disregarded the doctors' discharge instructions, necessitating a return to Shawnee Mission Hospital for inpatient care. As a Registered Nurse, I strongly advise getting copies of your doctor's written instructions and medication regimen prior to admission at this facility. Also check with the State of Kansas to see if complaints are on file for any facility you are considering.

We Are Happy

The care for my mom has been good and we are happy. It is a clean community and they serve good meals that my mom likes. A Place For Mom did great when helping us find a community. I would recommend this place to a family or friend.

Did not follow doctors orders from discharge hospital

The facility is beautiful and there seem to be very good nurses. My father went for rehab after a hospital stay. He has many health issues that require close monitoring of his blood pressure and fluid intake. The doctor on premise did not follow the discharge orders from the hospital and changed parameters on my father's medication and his fluid intake. Within 3 days my father was sent to the ER with issues caused by these changes. I immediately packed up his belongings and he will rehab at a different facility.

Resdients seemed happy

We were quite impressed with this new facility. The management and staff were very friendly and the residents seemed to be happy. As we were leaving, a woman stopped us to say her husband had been in their rehab for 3 weeks and didn’t want to go home. We definitely consider the Healthcare Resort to be a good option for Dad.

Resort

We had a nice visit, it is a very beautiful building and staff were kind.