Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village - Prairie Village, KS

My Father's Journey @ Brigton Gardens, Prairie Village

About a year ago, we moved my Father into Brighton Gardens in Prairie Village, Kansas. We came from Park Meadows, a Spectrum product because they didn't have the staff, expertise or willingness to manage my Father's Assisted Living care properly. I say this only because we knew what we were looking for.

I will say, that BG-PV is where we found the most caring, compassionate folks. They have taken care of my Father with dignity, love and grace. Service begins with the aids and support staff, all of whom showed love and care. This continued with the dining staff, reception and the administrative staff.

Their team was proactive in determining the level of care and really made us feel at home, like part of their family. My Dad's journey has now ended, but my appreciation for BG-PV will continue. It was a loving community that took care of my Father in the most dignified way. For that we are eternally greatful. Thank you BG-PV !!!!!!!

I loved the beautiful living space and everyone is well cared for. Lots of activities and interests to occupy mind and body. I was very impressed with every aspect.

Let the good times roll.

I just finished listening to some great blues and decided it was high time that I sat down and wrote a letter of thanks to Brighton Gardens, an Assisted Living facility in Prairie Village, KS. You see the blues gig took place right there at Brighton Gardens where there is a whole lot of living going on!
The decision to move yourself or your loved one into assisted living is not an easy one. However, the years of playing Pro football finally took its toll on my husband's body and made us realize that living at home was no longer an option. Our first attempt at assisted living was disastrous. The highlight of the day was to circle the wheelchairs around an atrium and watch the birds fly. We were depressed and discouraged.
But then I walked into the Marketing Office of Brighton Gardens. The minute the young lady opened her mouth I felt a sense of home. As we toured the facility I observed a genuine friendliness amongst the staff and the residents. I could tell that they were sincere in the care and compassion they were offering to all. They even had a resident rescue dog! This would be the place where my husband would feel comfortable and safe.
Kudos to the receptionists who always greet me with a warm welcome. Kudos to the Activities Director and staff who are, in my opinion, the best in the land. Kudos to the Finance Comptroller who makes the payment process transparent. Kudos to the Marketing Director who got us settled in with ease. Kudos to the Nursing Staff who make sure my husband's health needs are met. And then last, but not least, kudos to the caregivers who provide much needed tender loving care 24 hours a day. I spend almost every day at the facility so my thoughts are based on observation and experience.
The demand for assisted living care is at an all time high. The job can often be stressful, unappreciated and underpaid. Yet the folks at Brighton Gardens can seldom be seen without a smile on their face. Our warmest regards to everyone.
IF YOU'RE IN THE MARKET FOR A HOME WHERE THE GOOD TIMES ROLL THEN I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BRIGHTON GARDENS IN PRAIRIE VILLAGE.

Brighton Gardens 6 months review

I am a Guardian for an Elderly Woman with early onset Dementia. I moved her in over 6 months ago. We had a few problems in the beginning but the staff was very responsive to the needs of my loved one and the relationship keeps getting better. They took the time to get to know her. Great activities, lots of music. Not a big fan of the food, but the seniors seem to like it.

Brighton Gardens..a special place

I have recently read some poor reviews about Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village regarding medical care issues. I was sorry to read that some people had bad experiences there. I work in the industry and also have a loved one at BG. Unfortunately, I have found that medical care problems are found in all health care facilities whether they are senior living facilities or hospitals. Both humans and computers are not perfect and sadly mistakes are made sometimes. Since no place is perfect, I wanted to write about all the areas that I have found to be better at BG than anywhere else in town. The concierge team that covers the front desk are personable, friendly and extremely helpful. They greet you as you enter the building and set a friendly, welcoming tone immediately. I have been in other facilities where the front desk people scowl and make you feel very unwelcome. [Removed] in Sales performs her job from her heart. She visit my loved one in the hospital and helped me transfer my loved one from the car into the building when I needed help. She knows all the residents and families and helps foster a sense of extended family and community within the building. I know of no other marketing person in the area that performs their job that way. (She also sings like an angel and performs concerts...even sang to an upset resident to help calm him down.) [Removed] has taken the Activities position and created a department of staff who provide ongoing activities throughout every area of the building each day. (Other facilities usually just have one person doing the job, not a staff.) Where other facilities may have 2 activities a day, [Removed] has at least 8 activities daily. She has live musical entertainment weekly and is so community minded that she even has a weekly bus ride for the memory care residents to deliver meals on wheels. She has residents help make blankets for local pet shelters and helps the elderly residents feel like they are still contributing to the community in many ways. The maintenance staff are seen circulating the building daily in an effort to keep the building running smoothly. They are friendly and always willing to help residents and families with any building problem. The care managers of each unit try their hardest to see that their residents are well looked after. Their hearts are in the right place even when things don't go well. As I said previously, no place is perfect. But the atmosphere at BG still remains an atmosphere that is family and pet friendly and breeds a strong sense of community.

So far so good

So far Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village seems to be a good fit for my aunt. She has been back and forth from the hospital, so she is still settling in. The overall atmosphere is warm and inviting. Her room is very nice as we have decorated it so that it feels more like home. The staff is friendly and caring and attentive to her care needs. I think the landscaping is very appealing and well-kept. I would recommend this community to others.

Good Tour of This Community Overall

I toured this community for my grandmother, and her needs. Everything went well for the most part. The staff was kind, and helpful. The community looked nice, and clean. The experience was a nice one, but this was not the right fit for my grandmother, and her needs.

It Was Not A Fit For Me

They were friendly and worked hard but not real good with the meals and medication. They missed my medication for a day or two. it was inconsistent at times too. They food was taken from me often because I am a diabetic, and the staff would say it was too much sugar. They were making meal decisions for me and it seemed like they were not knowledgeable about diabetic meal choices because they would serve me white rice and potatoes. It wasn't a good fit and I feel like I was not getting the right help for what I was paying for.

Middle of the road

The food at this community looks good and they seem to have some healthy choices. The staff are friendly and encouraging. They do offer some activities. The memory care unit is on the second floor so the residents are not able to enjoy the outdoors. The community is clean, however I would not recommend this community.

Good Tour Overall

I had a nice tour of this facility. Everything went well for the most part. It wasn't the right fit for my mother, and her needs. However my tour went well. The community was clean, and looked nice. The staff was kind, and friendly. It was a good experience.

Decent Tour for The Most Part

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. It was a good tour for the most part. From what I saw the community appeared to be clean for the most part. The staff was friendly. They were kind to my family and I, but it wasn't the place for my mother and her needs.

A Good Tour

I went up to this community for a tour. It was a nice facility to see and the director was nice and knowledgeable. They did a very good with the tour but it was way too far for me. I did not have a bad experience.

Terrible experience

My step mother and I are very disappointed in the level of care and the condition of the facilities for when my dad was staying there. His bed was broken, his call light wouldn't work, the light over his bed wouldn't work - finally had to go to reception desk at front office to specifically request maintenance assistance. One day my step mom walked in and my dad had ants crawling on him, another time it was noticed there was black mold growing under the window. When they moved him to a new room several of his personal items went missing, i.e., electric toothbrush, electric razor. Often he was not clean when my step mom came to visit. They never helped him find his teeth when they went missing - I usually found them in a pants pocket in the wash when I picked it up - which meant for days he went without them. He lost over 20 lbs during the several months he was here. We also had questions about the billing but no one would ever contact us back - even after sending a long letter and requesting the courtesy of a reply. We believe the billing is incorrect but paid it because there was a $250 a month late fee for unpaid balance. Horrible experience. BUT the care staff were wonderful, caring people - just understaffed and overworked.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Great Food!

The staff is not good about keeping me informed on what my loved one needs. That is the biggest issue and the only one that I have. The food is good and they give good portions and a good variety. My loved one has gained 6 pounds. The staff is friendly and helpful.

A Pleasant Tour

I toured this community for my mother and it went well. The facility looked nice and well maintained. The staff that I met were kind and friendly. It just wasn't the community for my mother, but it is a nice community. My tour was very pleasant.

The Tour

I thought this community looked and felt like a clinical atmosphere. I was walked through what seemed like a back way, I saw the medical part of the facility. I did get to see the living areas but not much. I did not get a warm-home feeling but the people and staff are nice.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

Nice place, overall!

Overall we were satisfied with our experience with Brighton Gardens. It's a nice looking place, and the staff seemed friendly and professional. Really my only complaint is that they seem understaffed on the weekends.

Highest marks

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brighton Gardens, I'd give them high marks across the board. It's a very nice place, the people are friendly, and they take good care of our loved one.

Everything is going well

We did place my Mom in an assisted living community and so far, everything is going well. The staff is attentive, the residents are very nice, and the level of care is great. The activities are fun and the food is pretty good.

Their sales staff were a little misleading

Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village are doing a really good job. They are not as responsive when we need them though. Their sales staff were a little misleading. The girl was very nice but the services I thought were supposed to be included were not. I ended up paying a lot more than we thought we were going to be paying for. We ordered extra care and got physical therapy and that has also been more than I thought it would be. Also when I've tried to call and see how things are going I don't get anyone or I don't get much of a response. Overall they do really well here. Mostly it is communication that needs to be improved. Mom likes the food and they take really good care of her.

Even though these folks were under renovation I still liked the facility very well. Seems like a lot to offer him and location is not bad at all. I believe that is his VA assistance goes through then this appears to be the most affordable.

My mother was there for six years. Unpredictable staff and services. Insensitivity to the residents. Treating them as children. Focus on medical not emotional well being.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Friendly staff!

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The staff was very helpful and the cleanliness was excellent. The community was very well put together. They had smaller get-togethers for the residents and a lot of people as helpers so that no one is left out in the community. It seemed like a very nice place, overall!

Seems like a nice place overall

Overall I think Brighton Gardens has done a good job so far. My loved one has had trouble settling in, but I think Brighton Gardens has a lot to offer. The staff have all been very friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. They also have a good variety of activities and outings to keep the residents entertained. The food has also been good whenever I've visited!

Very pleased with tour and facility.

Very pleased with tour and facility.

a strong possibility

a strong possibility

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. Our Skilled Nursing Center emphasizes resident care and dignity in private or shared accommodations. We offer a variety of nursing care and support services including 24-hour skilled nursing care, post hospital and post surgical care, restorative care, coordination of physician and pharmacy services and family counseling. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.