Willow Brooke Senior Living - Stevens Point, WI

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken at this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. The property was lovely and everything was kept clean for all of the residents. It was just not the right location for my mother in the end decision.

Father's good care and comfort.

This is an excellent community for my father care. The environment is good for him and he likes the care that he is getting from the staff. He likes the variety of the menu and the activities that are offered. This community is a good size for him and we wanted him to be comfortable. This community is close to family. We would recommend this community for the good care and value for other families.

More of An Independent Community

This is a beautiful community, but they are very under staffed. My fathers stay at this community was decent. I do feel they need to hire more care givers to help with the residents. This is more a community for an independent senior, not someone that needs some help. I would recommend it for someone that doesn't require much care.

Very Impressed With This Community

My father in law has improved so much since his move to this community. They are even moving him to a more independent apartment, but he still access to help if he needs it. The community looks great, everything is spotless when I visit. They have a lovely staff here. Everybody has been very nice and friendly. He has become more social, and he has even made some new friends. He has gained some weight, so we know he is eating good. He is doing amazing here and I would highly recommend it.

Just average

I was looking for a place for my mother, and thought Willow Brooke Point's photos were beautiful. But the environment wasn't very inviting. There are people that seem to have a pretty high level of needs, but not very many people working with them. It was suggested that I visit during a meal time, so I went during supper. There were only two people there to care for the whole building, and one was so busy trying to give pills but had to keep answering the phone and helping the other one. I walked around by myself to look at things because they were so busy. The pond is pretty, rooms seem small. The chapel is just a hole in the wall area. Therapy gym is the smallest I've seen. Overall it was a decent looking place but not somewhere I could bring myself to leave my mother at.

Niece of Aunt Dorothy

Placed by Aunt at Harmony Assisted Living Center on
February 9th 2015 - her adjustment was very seamless, the staff continues to do an excellent job in being there for her
every need. She was very nervous about the transition, but eased into her new lifestyle very well.

I was a little disappointed, to be honest.

It was fair, I guess. I think that the nutrition, and meal plans were a little odd for the age group. There were a lot of meals that people wouldn't eat. The showering facility was not set up for independence. The seats are kind of high and in a corner and there isn't really a rail, they seemed designed to require assistance. The medication management wasn't always done at the same time everyday. They hired a RN so they can say they have one, but she really wasn't functioning as an RN, she was so busy with marketing that she didn't have time to function as the RN. They have some kinks that need to be worked out, they are new. They did a very good job of marketing to me, they were very responsive to me, when I was looking, and they went out of their way to get us in. I was a little disappointed, to be honest. The rooms are really set up for dependency, not independence.

Basic Services for our residents include a Private suite, Health Status Monitoring, Three Home Cooked Meals Daily, Snacks Upon Request, Routine Housekeeping and Laundry Services, 24-hour Security and Staff Availability, Emergency Call System in Each Unit, Health Promotion and Exercise Programs, Self-Medication Monitoring, Social, Fitness, Educational and Recreational Activities, Utilities and Basic Cable television. Built in 2003 for a fall opening, this single floor, all brick building is built in a new subdivision called Harmony Village. Large Patio area. State of the art assisted living. Each building makes you feel warm and welcome from the moment you walk in the front door. Everything from the fireplace to the delicious smell of the home-cooked meals prepared by our staff. It is like an extended family. The Common living room area have a large screen tv and more available for resident use. Daily Activities and Menu's are always posted in common area.