HarborChase of Aiken - Aiken, SC

this was the place I waa going to take my husband but I brought him home instead

The staff at Harbor Chase did an excellent job helping us through a very difficult transition for us and my mother-in-law. They worked quickly to help us get her placed. They were kind and compassionate throughout the process.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for your wonderful five-star review. We are thrilled that you and your family chose HarborChase for your mother-in-law. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about our kind and compassionate associates. Every day, they are committed to providing our residents and family members with unsurpassed hospitality and care. We’re also glad to hear that we were able to make your mother-in-law’s transition to senior living as seamless as possible. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts. We look forward to serving your family for years to come!

Personnel were helpful and well-informed. The layout of the building was confusing to get around; my mother who has memory problems would be getting lost all the time. Not a good choice for her.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We sincerely thank you for the kind words about our friendly and helpful associates. Although you may not have liked the layout, the corridors of our community were thoughtfully designed utilizing the latest in memory care research. In addition, our associates are always ready and available to lend a helping hand for any residents who may be confused. We’re sorry to hear that you decided not to choose HarborChase for your mother. Please let us know if your circumstances change in the future as we’d be more than happy to work with you. Thanks again for your review.

Great Tour

I enjoyed my tour here and the staff was so very nice, they answered all my questions. I like the look of the rooms and they offered some nice amenities for their residents as well. Since my friend is in a wheelchair I was concerned about him moving around and that he would have enough staff to help should he need it. All in all, this was a nice community.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad to hear that you had a great tour and we sincerely appreciate the kind words about our generous amenities, thoughtfully-designed apartments and friendly associates. Our community is carefully designed to accommodate wheelchairs, and our associates are always ready to lend a helping hand. Again, we thank you for your review. Please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future. We hope to have another chance to get to know you!

Extremely pleased with facility. Every staff member we came in contact with was so friendly. Place was clean as could be. Went with the smaller bedroom which was still very roomy. Of course the main concern was whether my mother would like it. She fell in love with it and can't wait to move in.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so very much for taking the time to rate us. We’re glad you and your mother chose HarborChase and we sincerely appreciate your wonderful five-star review! We love hearing the compliments about our beautiful community and comfortable apartments. We especially appreciate your kind words about our responsive, hard-working and dedicated staff and associates. Every day they are truly focused on providing the very best in senior living. Again, we thank you for your five-star review. We look forward to having your mother move in and we look forward to serving your family in the years to come.

Liked what I saw, place was clean, Dianne was very nice and knowledgeable; concerned the facility doesn't have a doctor to on call (has a P.A.) nor a podiatrist. Not sure if Harbor Chase will meet Mom's needs, but really did like the grounds and facility.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for visiting our community and for taking the time to rate us. We very much appreciate the positive feedback about our beautiful campus and our friendly Director of Sales, Dianne. Our Care Partners strive to make a difference in the lives of our residents by providing nurturing care that transcends the expected. We appreciate your concerns and would love an opportunity to address them again in-person. Again, we thank you for all of the wonderful feedback and hope that you’ll come by for another visit soon!

Let's try harder and be accountable!

We have had our grandmother there for a 11 days she should have had five baths, We were told they get at least 3 a week-in this time she has had one since arriving. She now has a urinary tract infection. House cleaning was touted as a perk-The room has yet to be cleaned. There is no accountability or communication. So far Bingo is the "activity"

Corporations ARE NOT people!

HarborChase of Aiken

Staff is very friendly and attentive. Staff greet all residents by name and I believe there is very good care being provided.
Some administrative difficulties were encountered getting billing straight and getting scheduled to see resident doctor but those were worked out satisfactorily.
Overall I recommend this facility for someone needing daily assistance/oversight, but not needing nursing home level of care (although various Care Levels are available).
Cost is significantly lower than a nursing home also.

Caretakers are excellent, administration needs more transparency

The day to day care is a 4.5, the overall experience is a 1. The actual caretakers are a 5, the administrators get a 0. They charged us double what they quoted us, they lost her records... I could go on and on but I don't want to get upset. The day to day people, the hands on people are extremely pleasant and patient.
They could be a lot more transparent at the administration level on costs and services. They could be a lot more transparent on the availability of records to those family members who may have power of attorney and they could be more responsive to emails and phone calls. I know I'm painting the administration with this sort of negative brush and for all I know they could be short-staffed and it may be the bill so we're willing to recognize that we may have been naive in talking to the sales rep instead of the administrator but the adminstrator was not available and we haven't gotten any responses by email. I don't know the circumstances which this happened which is why we're trying to work with them.

HarborChase is home to the best: those who live here, and those who care for them. Simple kindness abounds, as does respect, and the celebration of each individual life with the dignity it has earned.
At HarborChase, we know that residents who can no longer live independently still want to feel independent. It's an important truth and we honor it. Collections, hobbies and family heirlooms are welcome here; they offer residents a way of choosing what suits them--and that is key to contentment.
At HarborChase of Aiken, we select our associates for their outstanding nursing and caregiving skills, and even more for their compassionate and encouraging hearts. It is our mission to ensure that every resident lives a full, cherished life and our caregivers are at the forefront of that effort. Each day, our caregivers offer respectful assistance with walking, dressing, grooming and more. Medical needs are provided for by licensed nurses and medication assistants.
At HarborChase of Aiken, life can be as exciting as you want it to be. Our Life Enrichment program honors the knowledge that everyone--no matter their life stage--wants and needs meaningful activities and warm interaction with their neighbors and friends. We also respect that each resident is an individual so our offerings are as varied as the wonderful people we serve.