Hamilton Mill Personal Care Home - Buford, GA

Recommendation

Seeing first hand the love and care for my mother is what prompted me to leave this review. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone considering a live-in facility for a parent. The house is beautiful and the staff goes above and beyond with the care of the residents.

From bedridden mute to engaged and chatting

[name removed] and her staff provide outstanding care to their residents. My mother was unable to stand, was barely eating enough to sustain life at the time she was admitted. She was in hospice care for severe malnutrition. Within a year mother had gained enough weight, strength and stamina that she no longer required hospice services. [name removed] and staff worked with mother to regain her ability to stand long enough to assist with transfers from chair to Ned, etc. I am amazed at their dedication to assist her.

[name removed] and staff constantly engage residents with crafts and activities suitable to their level of participation.

Mother is always dressed and groomed well. She has always been careful with her appearance and loves to have her manicures with lovely nail colors.

I am thankful we found such a loving environment for mother.

A blessing

[name removed]and her crew are an absolute blessing! After my mother who has dementia broke her hip she was transferred to the most dismal nursing home we could ever have imagined. We were in shock to see some of the care facilities that were out there. We looked long and hard for a clean and caring place for her and were pretty disheartened until we located Hamilton Mill Personal Care Home. It was an answer to our prayers.

Wonderful Home for Mom

My mother has been living at Hamilton Mill Personal Care Home for 3 months. From the first time I visited and toured this home, I was impressed. Everything was so clean and inviting. The main living area (kitchen, living room and dining room) is spacious and open. [name removed] (owner) answered my many questions so that I felt comfortable and at ease in considering her home as an option for mom. The day mom moved in, [name removed]met her at the door and warmly said, "Welcome home "! It made my mom feel so good. Mom loves it here, [name removed] and [name removed] really care about the residents and treat them as family. The meals are very good and the home is always clean. I feel relieved and happy knowing mom is so content, getting the care and attention she needs, and overall, in a wonderful, caring yet professional environment.

Wonderful Place

Would give a 10 if possible. We didn't think our Mom would ever recover from a fall. But little did we know just how great Hamilton Mill Personal Care Home is. That was almost 3 years ago. She actually gained 20 pounds that she had lost. She is happy, feels loved and safe there. The owner and staff take such good care of the resident's. There has not been one time in all the visits that the house has been dirty and not even a smell. Its beautiful inside and out. We have been so blessed to have found this.

Wonderful place

The best assisted living/Personal care facility that I have ever visited. The staff is friendly, professional, expertly knowledgeable and completely attentive to all of the residents. The fresh home made meals are excellent. The facility is always super clean. Interface and communication with family members and residents is an absolute top priority. Working with the resident's doctors to ensure proper administration of medications is another top priority. The atmosphere is calm and encouraging. Cooperation with family and friends is excellent!
They really do know what they are doing! The cornerstone of this community is very high quality care.

Very clean

Every time we had visited we were unannounced and everything was great. The inside of the facility is very clean. The cleanliness is excellent. Everyone there has been friendly. They seem to be real nice people. The value is excellent for what you get at the Hamilton Mill. They offer activities there. Everything has been going really good. The Hamilton Mill is a really nice community with a nice atmosphere.

Kudos to Hamilton Mill PCH

I thank God every day for leading us to Hamilton Mill PCH. It is head and shoulders above any other place we visited. It is so tastefully decorated and the caregivers are so good to everyone. We would definitely give it as many stars as you can give it!

Daughter

We searched and searched...every place we looked at, we found something we didn't like or feel good about. Then God sent us to this place from a recommendation from my Physical Therapy friend....it was perfect! Clean, perfect home cooked meals, truly loving care staff, activities, beautiful grounds and surroundings...My Moma truly Loved this home, and called it her home!

If you are looking for a clean, caring, loving place for your loved one....look no further! This place was a gift from God when we stumbled into this home. We searched the area over.....It was my Momas home, and she loved it!

PCH Feedback

The Hamilton Mill PCH is very well organized, clean and neat. The decor and space of the home are very noteworthy, especially the large kitchen area. All dirty clothes are washed, folded, and/or hung up on a daily basis. Medications are kept in a safe and systematic manner within State rules and regulations. All residents of the PCH are very kind and courteous and were hand selected by the Director, Ms. Calina Hut. Ms. Hut exceeds all expectations by this resident's POA. She is most professional in dealing with both the resident and his POA. We are very thankful we discovered this PCH and highly recommend without reservations to other interested parties. This PCH has my highest rating of A+. Thank you !

Will go that extra mile.

It was difficult for me to decide on where I needed to take my aunt. The owner at Hamilton Mill was so nice and caring and worked with me the entire time. I took my visit and was very impressed with the home. The owner wanted to meet my aunt and drove over 50 miles to meet her and assess her. I was so taken back with her care and willingness to take these extra steps for someone she did not know. Once my aunt move in they had their way of doing things and my aunt was not use to this, but after a week I fully understood and was on board with what they were trying to accomplish. Staff do a great job watching over them and providing for them. I would recommend Hamilton Mill to anyone.

Food is Lacking, and What's With the Curfew?

We're not real sure about Hamilton Mill right now- the grounds and the building are absolutely beautiful, and the staff are cordial and very friendly, but the food isn't very good quality.

The mashed potatoes are fake, not real and she doesn't get that much meat. It's very, very few times in the week that they get chicken - that's mainly on the weekends - and she doesn't care for peanut butter. They serve a lot of it. We expected them to feed her properly and we don't feel like that's quality.

We have to supply her with toilet paper as well - they stock it but she feels it's poor quality - and that's ridiculous. How much can toilet paper cost?

Her speech is improving, I can say that, but she still has trouble walking. That isn't a result of anything that Hamilton Mill has done.

There are no activities, and we can't even take her out of the residence to bring her home. If we do, then we have to bring her back by 6 p.m. They lock the doors after 6 to anyone that comes in. There are only 3 people living there besides her. What's the problem? It's outrageous.

Very convenient to work. Beautiful ho...

Very convenient to work. Beautiful home with up to 5 residents. Private room. The Managers are very warm and caring. Attitude is "use it or lose it". Schedule of activities. Horse farm next door. Stayed for over an hour. A family member of a resident came in and talked to me with a fantastic referral. Her Mom has been there a year. The Director recommended an evaluation of Mom to get her on dementia meds.

Mom's new home!!!!! The place is ver...

Mom's new home!!!!! The place is very open and warm. The Director seems to really care about her residents, but she also cares about the family. I cannot wait to work with her in taking care of Mom.

Hamilton Mill Personal Care Home is the perfect solution for seniors who need a little help with the activities of daily living.Special people work at Hamilton Mill Personal Care Home.A well-trained staff is available around the clock for the personal care needs of residents. People with a generous heart, a warm spirit and a genuine compassion for others. We consider ourselves a trusted member of your extended family, with a tremendous responsibility to you and your loved ones.

Ours is a promise kept by kind, patient and respectful people who thrive on bringing happiness into the lives of our residents