We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
Housed in what used to be the secret residence of scientists and others who worked on the Manhattan Project, Alexander Guest House is a historic building with much of the same elegance in style and atmosphere. Seniors who stay here are part of a community that is mixed, with residential and commercial properties both being represented. Seniors who stay here have access to the local theatre and other entertainment venues within walking distance as well as the following amenities:
- On-site beauty salon and barber
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Wellness program
- Planned social activities
- On-site physician availability
Alexander Guest House is a community offering assisted living and memory care service for seniors who need a helping hand in maintaining a home. The Retreat is the community's Memory Care program, and it is housed within the residence, providing a secure setting with a large outdoor garden for seniors to enjoy.
Oak Ridge Tennessee is part of the Knoxville metropolitan area, a country town located just twenty-five miles west of the big city and known as The Secret City for its connections to the Manhattan Project. The natural beauty of eastern Tennessee surrounds the city and offers residents access to plenty of outdoor recreational and leisure activities. Residents particularly enjoy visiting the Waterfront and any of the twenty area city parks.
- Walkability Score: 6 out of 10. Alexander House is located in a residential area, but there are shops within walking distance. However, not all streets have safe sidewalks, leaving some areas inaccessible for pedestrians.
- Average Age in 37830 zip code: 42. This is a white, rural-dominated area with more than half of the population married.
- Number of local senior residential facilities nearby: There are four other senior living facilities in the same zip-code as the Alexander House.
- Average Weather: Like much of this area of the country, weather is unpredictable in Oak Ridge. Summers are often hot and very humid. Winters can be dry and cold with occasional snowstorms.
- Veteran's facilities: Knoxville Vet Center
Oak Ridge is a small community. Most residents travel by private vehicle or walk to their destination. There is a local reservation-based bus service that offers transportation within the city limits. Vanpooling and other ridesharing is recommended.
- Buses: Oak Ridge Transit is operated by the East Tennessee Human Resource Agency (ETHRA) and offers service within the city limits during daylight hours M-Saturday. You can call and make a reservation
- Taxis: There are a few local taxi companies within the Oak Ridge Area, including Yellow Cab and AAA Taxi
- Ride Shares: There are currently no public ridesharing companies in Oak Ridge, but many people utilize ridesharing through local message boards and word-of-mouth.
Health and Safety
Alexander House is located within a small-town community with low crime. There are many medical centers nearby, including a heart center and specialty medical offices that are within a mile's radius from the residence.
- Hospitals in the Area: Methodist Medical Center
- Crime rate in 37830 zip code: Oak Ridge is one of the safest areas in Eastern Tennessee, with a national ranking of 98:100 from Neighborhood Scout.com.
Sports and leisure
There are more than 85 mile of trails in the Oak Ridge area, which means seniors will have no problem finding a walking trail to fit their personal preference. The University of Tennessee Arboretum is also nearby for seniors who love learning about local flora. Alexander Guest House residents also have regularly scheduled events and classes on-site to keep them busy when they don't want to leave home.
- Golf courses near by: Oak Ridge Country Club, Centennial Golf Course
- Tennis courts/clubs near by: Oak Ridge Tennis Academy
- Gyms near by: Gold's Gym, National Fitness Center, Curves, Maxed Out
Shopping and Entertainment
Oak Ridge is culturally and socially active so there is always something for seniors with varying interests. Shopping centers are common afternoon destinations, and with a local symphony and playhouse, nights are often spent at the theater. Greenville is home to many historic and cultural attractions as well as shopping venues to fit any size pocket-book. Seniors are only a few minute's drive from museums celebrating southern history and entertainment.
- Clothes Shopping nearby: Atomic Fibers, Edward's Shoe Store, New 2U, Cutie Patooties, Southern Bliss Boutique, JCPenney, Walmart, Pete Fashions
- Grocery stores: J&C Market, Oak Ridge Farm Market, Aldi, Kroger, Hank's Market, Food City
- Restaurants: Razzleberry (ice cream), Big Ed's Pizza, Gallo Loco Mexican, New China Palace, La Ranchera, Homeland Cafe
- Movie theaters: Cinemark's Tinseltown USA
- Libraries: Oak Ridge Public Library
- Senior-friendly salons (men and women): Beauty Redefined, Attitudes Salon, Studio Nine, Absolute Salon, New Reflection
- Attractions: Jackson Plaza Shopping Center, Jackson Square, Oak Ridge Play House, International Friendship Bell, Science and Energy Museum
Alexander Guest House is a diverse community. As such, many seniors find themselves exploring their spirituality in different ways. While the residence offers devotional opportunities, the Oak Ridge community is also rife with places of worship for seniors to visit. Some of these places include United Church, Chapel on the Hill; Oak Ridge Unitarian Universalist Church, First Presbyterian Church, and St. Mary's Catholic Church.