This is the one!!!!!!!

Grand View is an amazing place.
My mother has never been so happy. She loves the activities and the staff treat her like their own mother. I feel so good about my decision. I looked all over the area and just couldn't find a place that felt like home until I toured Grand View and saw for myself that there really is a memory care for my mom.

My family is happy with the care my mom is receiving

Grand View is a private owned facility so they don’t take any type of public aid. Right now my mom is there and is living in a double room, which is what all their rooms are. The people that work there are great. It was a bit of a tough transition at first but they were really good with helping her settle in and everything else. They have a very nice van that they were able to use to actually pick my mom up from where she was at and they were very nice to her. She walks up and down the hall at the facility all the time and talks about how pretty and fancy it is, it’s great. She gets upset sometimes about wanting to come home and the staff is really good at redirecting her and they really take good care of her. [Removed], the manager, is great and she meets with my dad anytime he has any questions and she spends time with him, talking to him, and reassuring him about things. They even made a board for him with pictures of my mom participating in all of the different activities that she does there. There’s a big dinner and cafeteria area and that’s where they do most of their activities. The people there will dance with her and there are so many things for them to do. There’s an old time diner that they’ll take the residents to for pie and listening to music, there’s a beauty salon and they’ve done her nails for her, they’ll style her hair for her, and there’s a doctor onsite so no one has to leave to go to appointments. There were a few issues at the beginning with her being able to get dressed and they’ve adapted and started helping her to do the things she needs to do to get dressed. It’s a very, very nice place. The only problem is that it is expensive and the price is dependent on the level of care. I absolutely would recommend them.

Not the best set up!

The Grand View was okay, but the rooms did not look very good. I did not like the way the community was set up, it felt more like a nursing home than anything. We were looking for something a bit more homelike.

Everything is going well!!

I have no complaints about this community so far everything seems to be going well for my father. He seems to have made some friends with the other residents and is comfortable in his new living environment.

Dangerous place!

This place is an utter nightmare. Incompetent and negligent staff on all levels. The facility might look pretty but the care is quite ugly. Staff leave resident units from 8pm until 8am. Residents are helpless and unable to get help. [removed]. Witnessed patients writhing in pain all night when they were to have meds every two hours. To fill beds they take residents in need of skilled nursing care. [removed]. Caregivers are not trained and most incompetent, on their phones or sitting around and eating. [removed]. Fortunately she is no longer there. This place needs serious investigating!

Lorene Bower

We regret to read your negative opinion of Grand View. Our community has received 3 deficiency-free surveys from the State of Illinois Department of Public Health in the last 3 years. The most recent survey was conducted on March 31, 2016. We are committed to high-quality resident care and would be interested to learn more about your opinion. Please contact Grand View to speak to the Administrator or to request contact information for the Regional Director.

I think they do pretty well, they seem to really care about the people. Some times it seems they're short staffed, but it seems that is how it is with all the places, so I think it's kind of common. They're friendly and don't hesitate to help and respond quickly.

Lorene Bower

Thank you for your review. The friendly and caring staff at Grand View is committed to providing high-quality resident care in a gracious, home-like environment.