Grand Horizons - Appleton, WI

My opinion

I liked the person I spoke to on the phone as they were knowledgeable about the community. I had a loved one visit this community and they thought it was nice. This community has a beautician on site and they allow pets.

If we ever go the route of a facility, this would be my choice. It is very much a home atmosphere instead of an "institution". Michelle is awesome!!!!!

Excellent

We are so happy with this community. The staff is great, the community is clean, they take great care for their residents, they look out for their safety. The food is pretty good they post their menu online and they give generous portions.

We Are Very Pleased

We really like it this community and the people here. We are very happy with everything they have done for us and my mother in law. The community looks great and very well-kept. The staff is wonderful and very kind and helpful. The communication between us and the staff is great, we can call at anytime. The activities offered here are great my mother in law enjoys playing bingo and she likes the food. Our experience has been a good one and we would recommend this community.

Disappointed

This has been very disappointing! My mom has been very bored and lonely here. There is constanly new staff coming in and many have been rude. The activities are few and far between. The residents rarely go outside because there isn't enough staff on duty at any given time. Also, it seems that residents are expected to remember things even though it's a "memory care" facility.

My siblings and I visit often and each time we have new concerns. For example, my mom may only get help from staff showering or bathing once a week. Residents are scheduled for two times per week but If they're not feeling well, they wait until the next week.

Although staff indicate they pay attention to residents specific diet needs, I know that is not true. For example, my mom is not supposed to have green vegetables but, she will be served a lettuce salad with dinner. She has Dementia so she may not remember she shouldn't eat it.

These are just a few examples. I could give several more but this review would be too long. We are currently looking for a better place for Mom to call "home". She deserves
quality care. Your loved one does too!

They do a great job at Grand Horizons...

They do a great job at Grand Horizons. The staff have all been very friendly, and from what I've seen it looks like they have a great meal service! The facility itself is always clean, and looks nice. It's a smaller community, which was something we were interested in so that it would be easier to navigate for our loved one.

Wonderful place ... great tour...feel...

Wonderful place ... great tour...feel like this is the one for mom when the time comes.