Grace Alzheimer's Home Care - Bellevue, WA

Very clean Place!!

I am very pleased with how things are going for my father since he made the move into this community. I am impressed with how clean the property is and every time I visit everything is always well maintained for all of the residents. The staff are always friendly and I am comfortable with the care they are providing my dad. He has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in the activities he is able. The only little issue I have seen is that he is not getting enough to eat at night time for dinner portion wise.

We had a nice tour!!

The caregivers at Grace Alzheimer's Home Care were nice during our tour. We did not choose this care home as the yard and driveway was a little to steep for mom. The food is homemade . The home is clean .

No plan was developed to improve or preserve cognitive skills. Any efforts on this behalf were put together by the family. No attenpt was made to enroll or transport residents to community classes, even though this was emphasized at pre-move in interviews. TV played constantly, only occasionally interspersed with music.
Staffing was very temporary for several months before it finally stabilized. The new staff brought stability and a much better atmosphere, were kind and adaptable to situations that rose. I thank them.
I would suggest that all care plans and promises be made in writing and appropriately signed. I would also suggest that negotiations on charges are appropriate. I do feel I was overcharged inasmuch as much of what we were promised did not take place.
I emphasize that the caregivers who were there during the last period of my husband's residence were competent,kind and concerned.
They made life easier for all of us and I thank them for that.

would recommend

My husband has only been there for 4 weeks. I do not feel qualified to offer an in depth review, but so far I like what I see. The caregivers are compassionate, caring, serve good meals and snacks and the facility is spotless. with no unpleasant odors..
There is limited inteaction with the other 2 residents,, but this is easily explained.

When you come live at Grace Alzheimer's Home Care, you can expect world class care no matter what age you may be. Some families may be concerned about their relatives that are suffering from different stages of Alzheimer's disease. This is an unfortunate issue, because it robs many seniors of their ability to live independently and function on their own. They may soon need an experienced team of elderly care providers who will be able to meet all of their needs. Fortunately, the Grace Alzheimer's Home Care center will be more than capable of handling these kinds of issues. One of the reasons this center is effective is because they directly treat some of the problems associated with Alheimer's disease. They will provide mentally engaging activities that will help them keep up their cognitive functioning. If they are in some advanced stages of dementia, the staff will still be able to help them through their daily living requirements. They will do their best to make sure they maintain some independent living. We pride ourselves on helping elderly residents feel at home and welcome. This center is also fully equipped to help seniors keep themselves healthy as long as possible. There are doctors and nurses who can provide many different essential medical services when necessary. The staff here can also help manage some of the complicated medication schedules that may have to keep up. They can even be directed to some of out patient clinics that can help with other issues.