Goldwater Assisted Living - Glendale, AZ

Do not trust the owner with your loved one’s care.

My parent was a resident here for over 2 years. Until 8 mos ago the care was absolutely outstanding.
However since coming under new ownership, there have been subtle changes which made my family feel a need to monitor the care more closely. I will say that the staff involved in direct care continue to be outstanding; conscientious, kind, dedicated & personally invested in their clients’ care.
We have noticed that whereas before, the residents had, at most, only minor behavioral issues. Recently there are new residents who seem to have much more severe behavioral issues. I am not sure this is the appropriate setting for inviduals with the potential for aggression and other behaviors.
However, in my parent’s final hours, something occurred that was completely unacceptable. The owner of the home, [name removed], absolutely refused to give my dying parent the medication & treatment ordered by the staff of a very well respected Hospice ‘because he did not agree with it’. To my knowledge, he has no medical training.
This is not only caused my parent to suffer needlessly, but was very upsetting to my family. His position was cruel and based on ignorance. The Hospice nurse came as soon as she could to help my parent be more comfortable, but it was several hours as she was covering after hours needs.
Unfortunately, myself and others had to question if his actions were based on concerns re loss of income if my parent died.
Any ethical medical provider will agree that his actions were absolutely inappropriate.
I will be filing a complaint to the appropriate agencies.

Best place

I have been in and out of Goldwater Assisted Living on 55th Ave as my father-in-law resided at Goldwater Assisted Living II on Pinnacle Peak. Both homes are superb! Vicki and John, at the Pinnacle Peak residence, were very attentive, the meals were excellent, and communication was always prompt with medications, needs, and any concerns. Both of the homes are very secure and just beautiful. Father-in-law lived there for 4 months. We moved him to a one-bedroom arrangement as he wanted more space. All the rooms at Goldwater are good sized and have their own private bathroom. We had no complaints.

GOLDWATER ASSISTED LIVING IS LICENSED FOR 10 RESIDENTS,WITH 10 PRIVATE BEDROOMS AND BATHS.THIS FACILITY OFFERS OVER 8,000 SQUARE FEET IN LIVABLE SPACE.VERY HIGH STANDARD OF CARE.

"A NAME YOU CAN TRUST"