Golden House Senior Living 1 - Saint Johns, FL

Amazing care!

My husband has been at this facility for over a year now. The last facility he was at he was always unresponsive and not very lively. I would come by and he wouldn't even wake up. Once we moved him to Golden House his overall health seemed to improve. He started walking again & he even started talking. They take very good care of him making sure he gets to go outside once a day. He has gained weight since he has been at this facility which was always an issue at the last facility I guess they didn't make sure he ate enough.

I am so very thankful and glad I found Golden House Assisted Living and their administrator [Removed]. Thank you so much and this is my thanks for the great service!

Perfect service

My father has had the pleasure of living in this facility throughout the end of his life. He was very happy and satisfied with the service and care he was given and provided from Golden House. They always did anything and everything they could do to take care of him. He was a runner and I never had to worry about him running away from this facility. It was total peace of mind for my wife and myself. Best experience we've ever had throughout the years.

Great atmosphere and care!

My mother has been at Golden House now for 4 years. The level of care the team members provide is unbeatable. They take care of their patients and they make sure they're well fed and have adequate amounts of physical activity every day. I wouldn't hesitate to refer any of my friends and family to Golden House. 5/5 stars here!

Great all around!

My mother lived here for almost a year before she passed, I love the "home like" environment they provide! They had music time, all kinds of activities that kept her entertained and active! the facility is on a beautiful, quiet peace of land. The staff is amazing! There was one caregiver that was with my mother from day one! I will always recommend this place to anyone in need of senior care!!

The best care my mom have

Very happy with the service,never have any issues.
Very caring stuff, professional and afortbal .
My mom pass at Golden House and we always refer my friends and family to them.
I love this home

Please read our experience

I want to let people know my family's experience with [removed], the owner. We moved my father in to Golden House in October 2015. At the time he was 81, wheelchair bound and had dementia. [removed] assured me he could stay at GH until the end of his life. Based on this, I elected to move my father to GH. Approximately 8 months later my father was hospitalized and returned to GH with Hospice care. [removed] agreed to this. A few months later, I hear via a Hospice employee, that [removed] is kicking my father out. This was a surprise to all of us because he had no health change to prompt this. The proper protocol for an emergency transfer is a doctors note initiating it, and contact to the responsible person. In this case me, the POA. I finally heard from [removed] 4 days later through a voice message where she told me, I know I told you your father could stay here until the end, but he is too much trouble. She also lied and said she had been sick and that's why she hadn't contacted me. I requested formal notification, a doctors note and 7 days following my notification to find a new residence for my father. She said no. It is not easy to find an appropriate long term transfer in less than a week. As for my father being too much trouble, I want to specify he had no tubes, unusual needs, etc. and could feed himself. I found this entire event extremely unprofessional and have filed complaints with the appropriate state agency.

Wish I found this facility for my mom...

Wish I found this facility for my mom along time ago. Very caring and clean.

Unprofessional Atmosphere

They advertised it as assisted living, but it was literally a single family home that had been turned into a facility. They had two people per bed room and the people running it lived in one of the rooms. I was there five minutes, if that. It seemed like the people that lived there had just been dropped off because their family didn't care.

Golden House Senior Living 1 in Jacksonville, Florida is as warm and sunny as the location. With smaller residential-type houses we are able to give the feel of home instead of an institution. The homes offer safety and security for your loved ones. Whether medication management, assistance with bathing or meal preparation is needed, we can help. Our staff is at your service 24 hours a day. Or perhaps you are the caretaker, maybe of a family member or a spouse. Do you need a break? A vacation? Or maybe you just need to take care of some things around the house? Consider us for respite care. We provide your loved one with all the care necessary. You can relax knowing they are taking their medications on time and that if they have any needs, we will assist them. Maybe you or your loved one just needs a little more mending time before going home from the hospital. Time to build up some more strength or regain confidence. We are here for short-term care at a reasonable price. Whatever the situation, we can help here at Golden House Senior Living I.