Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - Kingston, NY

Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - Kingston, NY has yet not published prices.

Well cared-for resident.

My wife entered this facility in December 2014, with Alzheimer's Disease, dementia, and paranoia. I knew nothing about the place before that time but my wife was being discharged from hospital and needed a place to go. The hospital discharge office found a vacancy at Golden Hill. I had found another place that was more congenial but they had a waiting list. As it turned out, this wasn't such a bad choice, despite the dreary halls. I am well satisfied with the care my wife receives. She, and the other residents, are always clean and properly dressed, and there are plenty of nurses and aides around, even on weekends. She receives the medication she needs to maintain peace of mind and is reviewed weekly by a psychiatric Nurse Practioner. It is not cheap.

They are in a big transition period so things will probably be changing soon.

This used to be a county run center and was not run extremely well and by my understanding has since been taken over by three doctors, and they are in the process of restructuring and refurbishing and it seems to me that they may be doing this in stages starting withthe assisted living areas or the areas where the residents are more aware of their surroundings. They are in a big transition period so things will probably be changing soon. When we went there they had long hallways with rooms on each side and it seemed cold and a bit sterile.