Geyser Home Residential Care Facility - Northridge, CA

Very pleased with Geyser House

I found the owner, Edith, to be caring, kind, and thoughtful. She really went out of her way to accommodate my dad. Prior to moving to Geyser House, she visited him at the convalescent home several times to check on his health and to get to know him. She was an advocate to him and our family. As a nurse, she knew what to ask and how to get answers. On the night before my dad moved in, she went home and made a big pan of enchiladas and a meatloaf for him because those were both foods that he had requested.
We were always welcome when we went to visit. The home was clean and inviting and we were allowed to decorate the room with pictures, photos, and furniture to make my dad feel "at home".The caregivers were attentive and took wonderful care of my father. I didn't worry about the care he was receiving there and I knew that Edith was only minutes away, if needed. I highly recommend Geyser House for your loved ones.

great place, great staff, great food

Geyser Home Residential Care Facility is a clean, well run facility that is bright and fairly upscale. They have an intelligent and knowledgeable staff, good food, and clean uncluttered rooms.
They are renovating so some construction going on. Mom is looking forward to that finishing up so other residents can come move in. Once that happens, I have no doubt it will fill up and new residents will get the same kind of special attention my mom has gotten.

Could Not Have Found A Better Place For My Mom

We looked at 5-6 places prior to Geyser. From the moment we walked in the door we knew that Geyser was the choice for my mom. The care giver there would win the award for the best, most loving, and patient care giver. She took care of and loved my mom like she was her own mom. Everyone there became like family to us. The place was always spotless. They provided a great stimulating atmosphere for the residents... inside exercise and outside walks, card games, scrabble, and singing. There were family get togethers for all birthdays and holidays. Although they did have trips to the park, senior center, mall, and restaurants, we thought they were going to and would have liked them to go more often. I would recommend Geyser over the larger higher priced facilities. If you are looking for a place for your loved one you can have Geyser put you in contact with me to answer any questions. My family and friends agree that we could not have found a better place for my mom to live the last 5 years of her life.

We've been very happy.

We've been very happy. If I could give give more than five on the friendliness of the staff I would. When we first went there, it seemed to be a little more activities than there is now, but that may just be because of the holidays. They do keep them active all day. I have tried the food, and it's excellent. The only thing I can think of is I think they only do the laundry once a week so if they could do that a little more that would be helpful. But they run a pretty tight ships. When I first walked in it was very warm and friendly and a happy environment and some residents have been there 4-5 years and I got to talk to some of the families and everyone was so happy.

Caring, Welcoming, Responsive

My mother has been there for 12 days. It's very clean and the people are very kind and efficient. The food appears to be good and the costs seems fair. The people are committed and very good to the ladies that are in there. My mother is getting a lot of service and attention so that's good. I can't tell much about the activities. I know they play some board games and card games. The said they would be going to the senior center too. They haven't done that yet though.

So far, from what I've seen, it's very good. The people are very caring, responsive to her requests and always welcoming when we come in which is often. I would recommend it to anyone.

At Geyser Home, our mission is to provide our residents with utmost quality care, to create a home like environment, to encourage, promote and support each individual's dignity, rights, privacy, and independence. We will do our best to adapt our services based on our resident's needs, and treat each individual with utmost respect in order to support a quality of life.