Garrison Green - Calgary, AB

Garrison Green - Calgary, AB has yet not published prices.

Nice rooms and good activities. 12 hour food open and alcohol options. Additional pricing for memory support.

Good tour. Staff are great. Residents seem happy. Did see a dementia resident, who was wandering into the kitchen area, being yelled at by kitchen staff to 'get out...you know you can't be back here'. The resident was non-combative and easily re-directed, so didn't agree with the approach. Pricing seemed high for the facility, and was concerned with 'al-la-carte' pricing schedule for care - not sure how we could budget for that and didn't want my father-in-law worried about what it would cost should he need to pull the call bell. We were looking more for a place that was 'all-inclusive' so we could plan financially.

Toured this facility previously, also spoke to [Removed] phone. Suites are modern and spacious, tall ceilings, walk in showers and in-suite laundry. Rent is reasonable considering the quality of finishings and amenities. Underground heated parking for guests. Strong focus on creative arts. Private care (over and above AHC homecare) is on per unit basis, quite costly, unfortunately, more than we can afford. meal allowance "countdown" is strange and confusing.

Very Nice Place

Garrison Green is a very nice place! The people here are friendly, attentive, and really get to know both the residents and their families. They always recognize me and know just who I am there to visit! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and there always seems to be a cleaning crew going around tidying up. The care they provide is excellent, and I also really appreciate that they keep me up-to-date on the sorts of things my parents are doing. All in all it's a very nice place, and I can finally relax knowing that my parents are safe and comfortable!

My Mother in Law has just moved into Garrison Green so it is a little early to tell how it is going to be.
They have been very welcoming and the nursing staff are giving her meds.
My Mother in Law is 95 and nearly blind so she is finding the adjustment a little difficult.
Garrison Green seems to have lots of things going on so hopefully my MIL can join in when she is well enough.
Her suite is close to the elevator now, so she is making her own way down to her meals. In the other place, Homecare had to wheel her down for her evening meal as it was quite a distance. (Independent Living)
[Removed] was very helpful throughout the selection process.

A great place

No place is perfect but Garrison Green is as close as you will find. It can be expensive but can you put a price on care.

New to Garrison Green

Just moved our parents into Garrison Green. It seems to be very well managed and the staff at all levels seem happy and are welcoming. No place is perfect for everyone but this one can give you some peace of mind.

Innovative concept in senior's living. Much more relaxed atmosphere, and residents seem calm and at peace.