Very open to suggestions, comments, and critiques

My wife has been here for about 2 months and has already made a number of friends. The structure of the organization and the management is what really helped me decide to move her in. They have 2 separate memory care wings, 1 for those who are a bit more aware and 1 for those who have progressed further. Both wings are extremely active with activities and events that are based on the specific needs of the residents. They have a medical geriatric doctor on staff that visits the facility twice a week to care for the residents, adjust medication, and conduct annual check-ups. The residents can also go out of the facility to see other specialists as their needs arise. My wife has specific dietary needs and the kitchen staff has worked, very effectively, on creating meals that she can eat with specialized items that I bring in for her. The chef is very competent and really accommodating. The staff seems to be very agreeable, at least when I’ve visited. There’s a management team, most of which have been there for multiple years, that oversees the organization. They seem to be very competent in knowing how to run things efficiently. They’ve always been agreeable to my suggestions and have followed up on any issues we’ve had in a timely manner. A negative that I’ve found is that they could improve the cleanliness of their public bathrooms; there’s no toilet paper available frequently and the toilets have overflowed several times, even as far as my wife’s bedroom. It’s been frustrating but I know they’re really trying to keep things running smoothly in that regard. There are also no showers in the bedrooms but rather in the public restroom areas. However, the public restrooms are each individually heated and they attempt to keep them all clean throughout the day. When I first moved her in, I was able to bring all of her furniture so now it doesn’t feel like it’s just a clinical room with a bed. Our overall experience has been good, with the exception of a few hiccups. I would recommend them.

Friendly, clean, active engaging. Lots going on for the residents. Most of the people were out of their rooms participating in activities, or even napping in a chair during a movie. Those in the hallways were happy to see staff and struck up conversations. Not as much time available as I would have liked, so plan to go back with brother and Mom to have lunch, speak with other residents, and get more information about those needing more care and assistance on the other half of the building.

Mom's Care

This is a nice community. The staff is caring and friendly. We like the staff and the care that she is receiving. the menu is very good and she seems to like the menu. My mom is happy with the activities that are keeping her busy with the other residents. We would recommend this community for good care for other family members.

Friendly Staff!!

I am pleased with the staff at this community and have been really happy with how well they have been paying attention to my loved one and his needs. They are going to be moving him soon to there memory program they have available which I think will be a positive thing for him. He will get more one on one time and have more accommodations made for his needs. I really like that this facility has a locked door policy. It really has given me a peace of mind with my husband being here and I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Comfortable and safe living!!

My loved one has really made him self right at home at this community, he has transitioned very well into his new apartment and the staff have done a great job at making sure he feels comfortable and safe in his new living environment. He has really enjoyed the meals they serve as well as the company of the residents. I would defiantly recommend this facility to anyone looking into retirement.

One of the best facilities I have seen.

All of the staff truly care about the residents and are careful to meet all their needs. They are very knowledgeable in being able to handle difficult residents, which is a very important thing. The executive director is a very effective manager as well as caregiver, and has enabled the staff working under her to perform at a high, effective level, which translates into very good care and a very good environment for each resident.

Wonderful staff

Things are going fine. There were a few odd instances where he had trouble with people, but he is back into his normalcy. The staff has been wonderful. They call me and let me know what is going on and I don't have any complaints at all.

They are very caring and attentive

So far they take good care of my loved one. They are very caring and attentive. I think they do a good job. The inside of the facility is nice. It's always very clean. The cleanliness is excellent. Everyone there is very friendly. They are caring people. It has been a very good experience. My loved one seems comfortable. We are just very pleased with the Garden Courte. I would recommend it to anyone.

no complaints - very good

They did very well bringing my mom in and getting everything set up. Everyone there at Garden Courte is very friendly and helpful. It is a very nice clean facility, really warm and welcoming and home-like. It's been a good experience and I would recommend them. No complaints.

Very nice place!

We have had a very good experience with Garden Courte! They were very professional and reassuring throughout the whole process. The administrator really took the time to go over everything we needed to know, it wasn't a hard sell at all. And now that my loved one has moved in the care has been consistently outstanding, every time I have visited everything has looked great. I would highly recommend them!

Review of Garden Courte Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Olympia, WA

really like this place, close to family to help with frequent/hopefully daily visits very clean, all the staff appeared happy upbeat, felt the residents we met were happy, based on what we were told the staff is educated and kept up to date with memory care, good longevity of staff, lots of activities to choose from, like that the caregivers are just that, cargivers and they have seperate staff for housekeeping, safe and beautiful secure coartyard. rooms are spacious. feel good about this place.

The entire facility is set up for "Me...

The entire facility is set up for "Memory Care" clients. The facility is clean but used. Stains on carpet etc. There is no option for Assisted Living. Large staff with longevity, 24/7. MD practice on site so all appointments are in facility. Private room is spacious with option of small bath/toilet and sink or same size room but sink in room and no bathroom. All showers/bathtubs (many throughout the building) are used with caregiver's assistance. There is one large bathroom with jet tub and large showering/dressing room area. Beautiful outdoor court with walking path centered in the middle of facility so no exit available. A large venue of social activities takes place throughout each day. The venue includes activities that are at a simple level and compatible with the level of interest - i.e. ice cream socials (guests are welcome so grandkids could join), movie outings, and cooking classes and so on. There are massage therapist, a hair salon and exercise classes available, daily. Throughout the facility there are TV areas, tables for puzzles, cards and games. Three meals per day and laundry are included in the room price. The eating area is very nicely set up with a large staff presence. [removed] Respite (up to 30 days holding & no 30 day notice requirement while more permanent arrangements are made) $150 p/day + LOC There is a waiting list for private room $500 holds a space and there are a few ahead of us. Private Apartment starts w/o Bath @ $4400 & $4600 w/Bath Deposit is $2,000 (fully refundable) Non-covered [removed] Personal phone, cable TV hookup, Beauty Salon, Medications & ordered therapies

Very nice staff. A possibility, but n...

Very nice staff. A possibility, but no toilets or showers in rooms.

Finding senior care that embraces independent living while respecting the person can be a difficult task. Our loved ones have unique personalities which mandate that different needs be met. The right home will help our loved ones to remain as independent as possible while still meeting their basic daily needs. Garden Courte offers the supportive environment that seniors need to enjoy their golden years. Located in Olympia, Washington the facility is situated in a beautiful residential area that offers quiet and serenity. This allows residents to enjoy the beauty of nature that is all around them and take a leisurely walk. Staff members are always ready and willing to help the senior resident get around to the comforting backyard environment or simply take a stroll around the block. Staff and residents have the opportunity to get to know one another which forges a bond of friendship and trust. The Garden Courte focuses on aiding individuals with memory issues. Alzeheimer's patients find the environment of the assisted living facility comfortable and welcoming. Spacious sitting rooms and a well manicured landscape are just a few of the amenities that one will find here. There are spacious living quarters as well as a beauty parlor barber shop and an activities room. In terms of meeting the needs of its residents Garden Courte offers 24 hour medical and emergency response systems to assure that no matter what happens, your loved one will be tended to. The facility also has medication management that will help seniors to remember to take their necessary medications as prescribed. Everything that your loved one needs to be safe and live out their golden years fully can be found at Garden Courte assisted living facilities. Why not check out their grounds and staff today for the best living quarters at the best prices.