Fountainside Eldercare & Villas - Fountain Inn, SC

This is the first community I have visited so I don't have anything to compare. However, I found the community clean and well maintained. Staff was friendly. I like the option of villa housing for independent living, but I did not get the feeling there is a lot of contact or support for their care.

We really loved the location of this facility, but were disappointed in the facility on several levels. The prices were very reasonable, but the facility still allows some of the residents to smoke in certain outside common areas at certain times, which is a concern. Another concern was that there seemed to be a lot of "conditionality" of whether a resident could continue to stay, as our contact cited an example of a gentleman with some abrasions/tears on his arms and they couldn't allow him to stay. The shared room which was available was small and could be manageable, but I found it unprofessional that the personality of the resident was discussed just outside the door, between our contact and an aide. The resident would have been the person that my mother would be sharing a room with, but I don't feel that it was appropriate to discuss a resident's personality with people touring a facility! We were also asked, what provisions we could make for my mother's care, if they chose not to accept her, once we moved her down, which led me to respond, "that's the only reason why we're here...to find a place for my mother to live!" The contact focused a lot on the condition of the property and what cosmetic issues she felt need to be resolved, but overall, we are concerned with the happiness and well-being of my mother, and not so much on whether the trim on the screened porch needs to be touched up.

A Very Accommodating Community

My mother is doing better now here, everything is working out well. We've had a few problems, but they are good at resolving problems. The community looks great, they do keep her room and the facility very well maintained. They keep her room very stocked with supplies. They have been very accommodating. There are many activities offered. She is pleased with the food. Overall everything is working out well. I would recommend this community.

Everyone needs to check this place out!

Now Quillen Manor, very impressive!!

Very nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. They are worth a look, if you're looking into senior living in the area.