Forest Grove Beehive - Forest Grove, OR

Happy at the Beehive

I live at the Beehive and I have been absolutely happy with the Staff and the management, we have a good communication with the Dietitians so the food is always good. the outings are fun and the activities are interesting.
I feel if your looking for a place you would be happy at the Hive. [Name removed]

Forest Grove Beehive

My father had been staying at Forest Grove Beehive, and overall, I feel that the staff is really friendly and that they're good with my dad. They check on him daily, help him take his meds, and generally make sure he’s doing well. It’s a clean place, and it’s small, with only about 48 residents. They have daily activities to keep the residents stimulated like a magic show, visits to the aquatic center, bible studies every morning, social hours, movies, exercise days, and so many others. They do seem to have issues keeping staff though and because of that, my father doesn’t always get his showers when he should I have talked with the director about this, and I feel they are trying to improve. With these improvements, I’d be able to give 5 stars.

I do like the care that my mom is getting here She is happy with staff that are caring and attentive. She is adjusting to the meals at this time. They are offered activities and right now she is just settling in for now, it might take her some time. She likes to socialize with other residents and she is enjoying that a lot. I found this to be a home feeling with great care and value to others.

I know my Mother in law is in a secure setting!!

They keep the community clean and I would recommend this community. The food seems good and they offer good healthy choices. She has participated in learning to paint and working with beads. The staff are good at keeping us updated about her care and they do a good job taking care of her. A Place for mom was a big help in finding this community.

They hired a new director and he didn't even last 30 days

Forest Grove Beehive is going well overall. The director that we sat down with originally was gone about 4 days after we were there. They hired a new director and he didn't even last 30 days. Now the residents are saying the staff isn't happy. There is a lot of negativity so much that mom didn't even go to dinner yesterday because of all the negativity. As far as we are concerned things have been good so far. There hasn't been a lack of care or anything like that. I am on alert as anyone should be anyways.

Caring and compassionate staff

I think they do quite a bit well. They could improve on communication, but I understand they are working with a lot of people and families. I am amazed with the care and compassion of the staff. They have made my friends adjustment to the Memory Care Unit a great experience

Nice place overall, a little room for improvement in the dining service

Overall I think they do a very good job at Forest Grove Beehive. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and the facility is clean and well kept. The only complaint I have is that the service in the dining room could use improvement.

Nice smaller facility. Little spendy I thought for what they offer. might follow up with them.

They do a great job.

They are very clean and the staff is very friendly. They do a great job. Sometimes it can be difficult to get someone on the phone, they don't always answer right away, and I don't always get a call back in a timely manor. I know that they are very busy though. I like that it's a small home on a single level. I liked the setting, the atmosphere, the landscaping, it's a very nice place. I think the food is pretty good.

They are very clean.

They are very clean. The value is about average for what I saw. I would say the food is a 3.

Wonderful People, Wonderful Place

I have no complaints. They have a wonderful attitude there. My mom broke her hip just 5 weeks in there and 2 minutes after she hurt herself there was an RN there and she was at the hospital in a half hour. She's in rehab now but will be going back to Beehive next week. My dad is there too and he's only a step away from needing memory care and when my mom left the whole place stepped up. They have people that are dragging him out to all the different things like card games and Yahtzee and watching moving and everything. I didn't ask for any help. The just did it on their own. I didn't think he'd be able to be happy somewhere with out my mom but he's happy at Beehive. I'm glad we selected it!

If you’re looking for a caring place to call home in Washington County, look no further than the Forest Grove Beehive. Since opening its doors in 1991, the Beehive has earned a reputation for providing the highest quality care at an affordable price in the most comfortable home-like atmosphere. Our loving caregivers can help whether you need just a few services or if you need secure care for Alzheimer’s (our sister facility the Hawthorne House is just next door).

If cozy apartments with private, exterior entrances all on one floor remind you more of home than a huge, multi-story housing complex, then come home to a caring place known as the Forest Grove Beehive. The surrounding area offers family and friends a chance to enjoy scenery punctuated by wineries and old growth forests. Nearby Portland is Oregon's largest city and is a vibrant contrast to small town ambiance. A thriving cultural community, beautiful Mount Hood, and iconic microbreweries and coffeehouses are all a short drive from Forest Grove.

If independence, dignity, comfort and safety are as important to you and your loved ones as they are to us, then come home to the Beehive and join us for a tour and a free lunch. You’ll be glad you did.