Brookdale Forest Grove - Forest Grove, OR

Brookdale Forest Grove - Forest Grove, OR has yet not published prices.

It feels like home

This is a very nice facility and it’s homier than other places that we looked at. When you first walk in, it feels like home. It’s comfortable here and everyone we came into contact with was so kind. Unfortunately, my Father-In-Law passed away while in the process of moving him in. The director was so nice and even gave us his personal cell phone number if we ever needed anything. I even joked around and said I wouldn’t mind living here. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Brookdale Forest Grove

I did not go and tour Brookdale, but I had been over there a few times previously, so I knew what to expect from it when I was looking for living options for my father. They only had one bedroom available when I was looking, and it was a shared room. I just thought the community was overpriced for what it was.

Many changes need to be made...

Everything went fairly smoothly at Brookdale. The staff were very good. The facility itself started out pretty okay, but it declined very quickly. There are many activities offered. My loved one did not like the food. Overall, there were many ways that my loved one's stay could have been improved, but it was okay.

incopetent facility

Since my mom moved in in August, there have been many problems. They have cut staff, made huge billing errors, tried to charge for services my mother has not received, seriously lacked in cleanliness, and obviously are only concerned about corporate profits.

Showing improvement!!

When I visited my mother last, I noticed that she is making some great improvements. She was eating, and for her, that's a big deal that she is getting her appetite back. I was happy to see her more alert than she has been in a while. The place itself is older and showing it's age from the outside, but the inside is very nice and clean. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking.

A caring tour

I liked this community and the care of the staff who were able to answer my questions. I did not want a two story community. We liked the activities that would have been offered if we had moved into this community. I do recommend the care that is offered here to other families here.

My wife and I are doing pretty good at this community!!!

The staff are nice are nice and they answer my questions. Most of the food tastes good and they have a fair amount of variety. I like the exercise class and they do offer outings. This community gets my recommendation.

A Nice Experience

This was a good community we toured, everybody was nice and friendly. The community looked good from what I saw, they keep the community nice and clean. The staff was very friendly. They offered us a meal to try and the food is very good. They do provide good care here at this community. It was a nice experience.

Good For Parents

I liked our meeting at Brookdale Forest Grove. I liked all that was offered at the community. Carla did a good job and we like her too.

Care in general was good

We were there for a month. They did a really good job of making my Parents feel welcome, getting them settled in and their care in general. The biggest problem was that the room was not set up for two people in Respite care. That made it hard for them to get around that.

A Wonderful Facility

They are a very receptive and flexible staff. I have had a good experience with them. There are a lot of activities to do at Brookdale and there are plenty of people there to take care of all the residents.

They seem to be stable right now, which is kind of nice.

A little too expensive

The place is very clean from what I saw when I was there.. also the staff was very friendly and professional. in terms of value, i would rate it two stars, because I think it's ridiculous as it is outrages and expensive. My mother in-law stays here and I think she is happy, but she has been there only for a couple of months.

Wynwood is a great choice for seniors!!

My parents love it at Wynwood! I knew from the very beginning talking to Carla in Marketing that this would be a good choice. Carla provides excellent customer service and found just the "right" apartment for mom and dad. This is difficult making a move to assisted living, but the entire staff made my parents feel welcome. The food is great (and this is a big deal for seniors), and the apartments are spacious. Mom was playing bingo the second night!! One last comment . . . my dad needed nursing care, but my mom is still very independent - I was very relieved to see the atmosphere at Wynwood conducive for both.

It's been quite nice.

It's been quite nice. I'm glad we found such a great place for her. The size of the facility it's not giant or puny, I would say they have around a hundred residents. There are plenty of people to meet and, the law of numbers means that if she doesn't mesh with someone it, gives her a chance to socialize. The atmosphere the staff has helped to facilitate is more family like, they aren't punching their card and doing their job they treat their residents like family members. When I look at the cost of her care there it's quite a value. I have tried the food and I thought they did quite well, I thought that the menu was reasonably good, at least a four out of five. Their senior most staff resource appeared to have a high turnover they have had 3 senior staff changes in a four to five month period.

The office staff have been wonderful....

The office staff have been wonderful. My parents are adjusting to being on a "schedule", and say everyone is friendly. Still working out glitches with meds, and communication. But as a whole, it has been a good experience.

Felt this was not as clean as she'd l...

Felt this was not as clean as she'd like. She thought the rugs were dirty. With the lack of windows in the interior it didn't feel as welcoming. The folks that gave us the tours, were both super folks.

Housed on beautiful grounds and a short distance from Joseph Gale Park, Brookdale Forest Grove covers the entire spectrum of care for its residents. Wynwood of Forest Grove provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. It also has an in-house salon/barbershop, an internal courtyard and garden, on-site gym options, a 24 hour security system, and innovative meal options. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Wynwood of Forest Grove, we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value