First Assembly Living Center - Concord, NC

Not for us

The office for this community is on the third floor and there were no signs to let you know this. The secretary was the one that showed us around the community. We did talk to the director for a short time and found that he had just started working at this community. The director was very nice and personable. There was a slight odor when you walked into this community and I did not think it would work for my loved one.

Not the right fit

We toured The Living Center of Concord. The staff was friendly and answered all of our questions. It did have a bit of smell we were not accustomed to. It is a large and older building. We were looking for a brighter and smaller community for my mom.

My dad loves the bacon

My dad is adjusting better than I thought he would at
The Living Center of Concord I really couldn't ask for a better staff and how they care for my dad. Dad really likes going to the dining room and he said that
"They some of the best bacon" he's ever had.
My dad is starting to get involved in the activities and enjoys bingo night and he is starting to make friends which is great.
I like that they have a resident doctor who sees my dad on regular bases so that he does not have to go out to a doctor.
The do offer transportation and field trips for the residents who want to use it as well.
I would definitely recommend The Living Center of Concord the price is right and they are privately own.

Stay away from this dirty place. Not enough help and not very caring or friendly. Patients belongings go missing. I could go on and on about how bad it is but would take forever!!!

Jennifer Swift

The sanitation rating at this community is an "A" rating.

Looking for the best value

We toured this community for my father's care. The facility is part of a mega-church and initially feels very institutional. Management was extremely friendly and the value is exceptional. This is where we can make our resources go the farthest.

When Cost Matters

This is a church-based community and was by far the best value in the market. If resources are tight, you should consider this community. Fees are inclusive - which is a very big deal. I have been happy with the care for my father. The staff is caring and attentive given the size. My father is sharing a room with someone and the space is fine. Private rooms are about 10% more expensive. He likes the menu of the meals that are offered. They have activities and he participates in the ones that he wants.

We like it!

The staff has been great with my mother in law. Overall things have been wonderful. We like that they have so many activities for the residents and hope that one day my mother in law will participate. The food is excellent. They always keep the rooms and the community clean and nice.

Keep out!

As soon as I walked in to this community I knew that I did not like it. The smell was horrible and the place was dark. It reminded me of the projects or something. I did not even want or need to go on a tour of here to know that this is not where dad was going to go.

Our Went Well

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything looked great,and very well maintained. The staff I met was very informative and kind. All my question was answered, everything went well. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Our tour went very well.

Not A Good Fit

My father-in-law stayed at this place for a short time. I thought there was not enough staff to care for my dad's needs. Otherwise, the facility was clean and he ate good meals. I would recommend this place for other who do not need as much care.

Review of First Assembly Living Center - Concord, NC

When researching an assisted living facility I visited Living Center.Virginia Watson was extremely helpful in explaining all that was offered to the residents along with pricing. There are activities for the residents who seemed well adjusted

Mom loves it!

Overall the experience at First Assembly has been great! Mom has gained her strength since moving in and participating in activities with friends. She is also able to go to the church service on Wednesdays and Sundays which is very convenient. Mom likes the food and I really like the fact that they are accommodating to her diet. There have been some instances where I've been disappointed by the staff not following direction although it wasn't really their responsibility. All in all its been a great experience and Mom is in good hands.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at The Living Center of Concord! The staff is friendly, professional, and incredibly attentive to the needs of my loved one. They check in on her frequently and will do diaper changes whenever they're necessary, which is a nice change from the place she was at previously. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. I've personally recommended the place to multiple friends with loved ones in other communities!

Thank you First Assembly for your care of my mother in law.
She is thriving and I am grateful for your attentive care of her. The staff is very kind and attentive to her needs. Thank you again!