Emporia Place - Emporia, KS has yet not published prices.

A Place of Grace

Mom moved to Emporia Place from another Assisted Living facility in north central Kansas to be closer to family.

As Mom struggles with dementia, we researched the place we thought would be the easiest transition for Mom and wanted the highest quality facility/staff available.

We believe we found that in Emporia Place. Although Mom’s transition was hard in the first week, Emporia Place made adjustments in Mom’s care to ensure she was safe and comfortable. They were sincere in making their care facility work for Mom instead of expecting her ‘to fall into line’ to make things easier for themselves. They really treat Mom as an individual and it shows in the staff’s knowledge of Mom’s care, habits, likes and dislikes, schedule, etc. which they communicate when I visit.

Sharing meals with Mom in the dining room is a delight as we sit with other residents and are able to get to know them and as others have said it enlarges the ‘family’.

The Executive Director, a title which seems a bit of a misnomer as she knows every resident and their families personally and is always busy about the place working with residents, staff, stocking restaurant supplies, you name it.

The Customer Relations Manager and Care Service Managers are also top notch and excellent communicators. They really seem to have a respect for each other and support each other in providing care for the residents.

BTW the pictures online are not retouched as far as I can tell, they represent the actual facility that I saw when I was there just this week. The only thing missing is the awesome residents who grace the place.

Our family couldn’t be more pleased with the care Mom is receiving at Emporia Place and we look forward to getting know all the residents.

Multiple use family

I have had two family members who have lived or stayed here, one for a long-term stay and one to utilize a short-term medical stay. I can't say enough wonderful things about the competent and friendly employees and the clean, family atmosphere. They made our family feel like their 'family'.

Emporia Place is Wonderful

My mother is approaching 95 and has been a resident of Emporia Place for over 2 years. Her care has been excellent. The staff has been loving, caring and has provided top flight nursing care. She enjoys the food, exercise classes and social activities. Her quality of life is so much better, due to Emporia Place. It is worth every penny for her to be there!

Emporia Place is the best place

When my grandmother first moved to Emporia Place, she was very sad to have left her home. Not long after she settled in, she grew to love Emporia Place staff and residents. Emporia Place threw her a house warming party-inviting her friends and family to visit her. Also, the holiday parties were welcoming and very touching-staff and their families come together with residents and their families and the love, care, and prides of Emporia Place is apparent. I have been able to visit my grandma often because I live nearby. The staff are the kind of people you would want caring for a family member--professional and warm. My grandma now has had to move on to a nursing home facility and I have been sad because she misses the residents and staff from Emporia Place. On the bright side, I am very thankful for the time she was able to live there.
These days I am dropping in Emporia Place often again because my family has decided to move my other grandmother to Emporia Place! They want the best for her and now know from experience that the best place is Emporia Place.

My grandma loves it here. Lots of activities and family activities as well.

Emporia Place Is A Winner!

The decision for our mother to leave her home and enter a residential facility was a very difficult one. All of our worries were unwarranted, however, because she loves being at Emporia Place. The staff genuinely cares about their residents, from the administrators to the cooks. Mom is kept busy from morning to night with all sorts of activities, including those she was previously involved in outside the facility. Besides having a beautiful, little apartment, Mom has the opportunity to have her meals with new friends in the lovely dining room. Once a week she has her hair done and can have her nails tended to when needed. She has taken on a helper role and feels needed, fully supported and stimulated. She couldn’t be happier in her new home.

A Very Special Place

Emporia Place is a very special place. The loving care by all their employees, the cleanliness, the activities, and the beautiful building and apartments are fantastic.!
I feel relieved to find a place, where the care is like having Momma at home with me. It is a great size, small comparatively speaking, which makes your loved ones feel right at home. The Directors, and Nursing staff are top notch professionals who love their work, and truly care about their residents and their families.

Great experience at Emporia Place.

My 93 year old mother in law is living here since April of this year and loves it ! Care is excellent and staff superb. Plenty of organized activities and good home prepared food. Environment is beautiful and brand new. Couldn't be a better place to spend your latter years.

Wonderful place!

The staff is very caring and works hard to accommodate the needs of the residents. They provide a very safe environment. Lots of activities and they encourage family involvement. I would absolutely recommend this facility without hesitation

The best in Emporia!

Our entire family has been very happy with the way each employee of this assisted living home treats our parents. Home- that is how it feels. Caring, loving, well qualified staff makes this the best place for mom and dad to live. We can not thank them enough.

Emporia Place

Great place and great staff!

Welcome Home

Our first visit was welcoming. This can be a difficult decision to make for a family member. We were given a tour, then spent time going over information and asking questions. A lot to take in but we never felt rushed. Decided Emporia Place was the right choice. It has been a year now and we are happy with the care, friendly staff and activities they provide. Most importantly our father is happy and we've seen his health improve with their care. Staff keeps us well informed of his needs or health concerns. So grateful Emporia has a place like this available.

This is the interview, I put my mother thru

When I received the web site to do an interview for The Emporia Place. I interview my mother. Here was the interview to her with a 1-10 rating.

CARE 9-10
COMFORT 9-10
CLEANNESS 9-10
FRIENDLY 9-10
Does your family feel welcome to visit 9-10
FOOD 5-6 She would like to see more variety and more farm fresh items. She was raised on the farm and also raised her family on the farm with lots of fresh garden items. She misses that. Corn on the cob, fresh Tomatoes, cucumber and onion salad with cream and vinegar dressing, watermelon, peaches, pears, plums.' Oh now I am getting hungry!!!' she said. She looks for a lot of color on her plate.
Activities- 8-9
Bingo prizes maybe more of things they can use:
small boxes of kleenex ,neck scarfs, small sacks of candy, toilet tissue, candy bars, small bottle of detergent, small bottle of lotion, all-purpose wipes, small tubes of toothpaste, etc.
Bottom line I LOVE IT HERE AT THE EMPORIA PLACE. Just a few things that could make it even better.

A Caring Staff Eliminates Worry

I was in for a shock when the rehabilitation facility in Kansas City told me my mother could not return to her home, had mild dementia and needed 24/7 care. Her mother had poor experiences in this arena. I was scared. I wanted to bring her closer to me so she wouldn't feel abandoned. After checking the other facilities, I found Emporia Place to be the perfect solution: clean, small, attractive, and caring staff who take the extra effort for everything! AND: approximately $2000 a month less than the other local assisted living facilities. She has an attractive home where she is well cared for and many of my worries are eliminated. They are located across from a top local hospital, a block away from wonderful home care therapists and a block away from a caring pharmacy! When you need to find a caring home for a loved one in need, please visit them!

Feels like family!

This is the best place for seniors in Emporia, for sure. It feels like a family-not an institution.
The staff is excellent, from the administrator to the cmas, the cooks, nurse and maintainence man.
We would have made a big mistake if we had chosen another place!

A family like atmosphere

The staff are all very deciated in providing the best care for their residents. They treat their residents like family and help provide them a home like atmosphere.
The facility is always very clean and inviting.
We always enjoy our visit there the staff makes us feel welcome.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone

Great Facility

The staff at Emporia Place go above and beyond their jobs to give my mother the best care possible. The director is a fantastic director. She does lots of extra things to make Emporia Place as great as it it. The nurse has been so helpful being a liaison between doctors and the facility. She is thorough and caring. The kitchen staff do their very best to provide a variety of meals for the residents. The rest of the staff is always friendly and helpful. Mom loves the opportunity to get her hair fixed on site. So, overall, I feel that Emporia Place is a premier assisted living facility.

The staff is what makes this place special. They are caring and dedicated and work to make a family atmosphere for the residents. Knowing they are monitoring our mother's health daily gives us peace of mind and her the care and help she needs.

This pet friendly assisted living community in Emporia, Kansas makes each resident's specific needs a priority. Licensed nurses are available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight, while the caring, reliable staff assist seniors with daily functioning. Emporia Place boasts an activity room, hair salon and cozy lounges, all designed with comfort and accessibility in mind. Residents can choose to participate in the wide variety of social and wellness activities, or they can spend the afternoon relaxing outside on the beautiful covered porch.