Symphony at Valley Farms - Louisville, KY

We loved this place. You just need to check if they take Medicaid. We don’t want to get her in here then it becomes too expensive and she would have to move.

I highly recommend this facility

I picked this community for my Mother-In-Law because it came highly recommended. The staff is always nice and caring. The rooms are a lot more spacious than other’s I had looked at. The food is excellent and I like that they have a menu that will vary from month to month. The only thing I don’t like is they don’t offer skilled nursing. When my Mother-In-Law needs more advanced care that means I will have to move her out of this facility. I highly recommend this community.

A nice place

The staff have been helpful and able to meet dad's needs. They offer nice grounds with flowers and the memory care unit offers an enclosed yard for the residents to enjoy. Dad seems to like the food and they accommodate his dietary needs. He likes the movie nights and the exercise class offered. This community is close to family and I would recommend it.

Come and see

Overall, we are very happy with Symphony at Valley Farms. I believe they are doing their best to give the care needed. Our mother is not very interested in activities, and usually doesn't participate. If the care givers coaxed her more, but I know even I, as her daughter, cannot always get her to do anything!!

A good community for care

We have been happy with the care from this community. The staff is outstanding and very nice. The community is the clean and nice environment for to be in. We like the nice variety on the menu. They have good activities for her to participate. We have recommended this community to other families for the good care and value that is offered at this community.

I really liked this place. All the residents seemed very happy and I got to see come interactions with the staff and the staff seemed very patient and caring. The pricing was very low for the area. I also asked about contingency plan when they couldn't move someone into the memory care wings and they quickly explained what they do.

Moms resort

I left my mom there for 9 days respite care, Loved the people there but not good with learning a lot of names at one time. I got mom out of the car in the wheelchair and I was loading her stuff on a cart, and was ask if they could go ahead and take mom in. I was like yes go ahead. By the time I got back there they had her in the dining room eating and talking and having a good time. They not only took care of mom the worked with me too. Loved it and we will be back.

Great communication from staff!!

My mother was only at this community for a short period of time while my family and I went out of town but I am very pleased with the quality of care she received. Since my mother has memory loss and does not remember things well the staff made sure to stay in communication with me throughout the week to make sure I knew how well everything was going. I also received a text once a day with a picture of my mom which I thought was really impressive that they did that.

Our visit was wonderful the memory care unit would be the exact fit for my mom but the cost monthly is more than my mom can afford. The staff an residents were all very friendly. The facility was warm and inviting and we loved it. It is a cost issue for my mom and us. Thank you for giving us the chance to tour Symphony and having Connie give us the tour she was very informative and so friendly and attentive to us and all the residents that we meet. We were introduced to residents as her friends and they allowed us to inside their studio apartments (which were very nice) I just wish my mom had more funds available so that we could move her in because I know it would help her to be around others that also have memory loss. She would have planned activities to help her feel like herself again.

It has just been fabulous for my mom and she has nice and helpful staff. She also enjoys the meals that are made and has suitable activities to join in. The only drawback is they are not good with medications. I do it now after that experience.

Prior to admitting

Our experience has been a rocky start. Our mother has aniety issues. After she was placed we were told that in cases like her they usually recommend starting medications for aniety prior to placement. So she was removed from home for escaping and trying to break windows. She is now receiving treatment for her aniety and hopefully can return soon and be happier. We also have moved her from thr 300 unit (where the residents and some staff sleep and watch movies most of the time) to the 400 unit. The residents there and more active physically and mentally. The staff in 400 seem to engage the residents more. Fingers crossed that this time its the perfect fit.

Elmcroft is close to perfect!

I had a chance to enjoy a lunch at this community and there are various choices to pick from and while I only had a sandwich is was pretty good. This is an assisted living community with a memory care unit that my mom is currently living in. The staff is very attentive and there is good communication with them regarding the care of my mom. I am glad there are plenty of activities for her to participate in. Everything is wonderful at Elmcroft of Valley Farms.

The care at Elmcroft's Heartland Village

My mom has been in Elmcroft of Valley Farms just over a month now. My husband and I just returned from a visit to see her there and were very pleased with the care she and the other residents are receiving. The caregivers are very warm and caring people and the supervisor over the memory care units is excellent. She's been very available to us, especially in helping us to know how to best relate to the struggles my mom is having with her dementia. My mom is receiving good and nourishing meals, interaction with the other residents and a warm supportive environment. We are very pleased with Elmcroft and would highly recommend it.

Very helpful in getting dad situated when we were in a time crunch

The answer to my prayers.

I have nothing but good to say about Elmcroft of Valley Farms. Everyone is always happy, positive and right there for mom's needs. I can have peace of mind while working and I know she is getting an awesome quality of care. She needed some activity back in her life and since she moved in she has become more active and social. I can see my "real" mom again. She is active, smiling and having fun!

Nice staff

She is not at Elmcroft yet because she fell and got hurt and is in the hospital. She is supposed to start there next week. The staff is very nice there and they made us feel at ease. We think this will be a great choice for us.

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

Activity Suggestion

Overall this is a great environment for my mother. Personally, I would liker to see a few more hands on activities that are simple for the seniors. Such as a simple decoration for the holidays, or maybe even a class on microwaveable foods. Teaching them how to use various methods to create things in their rooms that they may enjoy to have around. Otherwise, all is great!

watched and taken care of

At Elmcroft of Valley Farms the staff all around have really watched and taken care of her. The staff have been very caring about her situation since she has Parkinsons. She does complain about the food at the facility and so do most of the residents. I really have no problems with anything there and I am up there quite a bit so I keep a close eye. Overall I am pretty happy with everything.

very happy with the service and the people there

Overall its a good place and very much happy with it. The only complaint that I have is they tend to take a while to answer my questions.

super nice

I put my dad there at Elmcroft of Valley Farms, but he probably needed to be at a place with more special 1x1 care and attention. It is great for what it is though. It is a very nice place and the people there are super nice and friendly.

We love it, and mom really likes it, too.

We love it, and mom really likes it, too. Everything is working out really well. The food is pretty good. I liked that it was so different from a nursing home, it was more for the well being of the patient, rather than a hospital setting.

Loved our visit with Christ...

Loved our visit with Christy!! Everyone we met was very friendly and the whole place was bright and clean. Bedrooms seem a little small but the bathroom is huge. They answered all of our questions with honest and straightforward answers. We will definitely be following up with this community!!

The establishment was very ...

The establishment was very clean and the food was wonderful as they have an excellent chef that cares about the production of food flavor and quality.The executive director was friendly and informative a great place for your Mom,Dad or grandparents.

Elmcroft of Valley Farms senior living center provides lots of hope and encouragement to senior citizens. This is a community that is brimming with life and offering a wealth of support to all its residents. The residents, in turn, feel wonderful to be able to socialize and not worry about living alone. Their needs are well taken care of, and they do not have to worry about where the next rental home will be. They can go out for shopping, site seeing or theaters anytime they want without having to fill gas for their vehicles. The center offers valuable services to cater to the residents' personal needs and desires in a beautiful setting located in the heart of Louisville, KY. The advice, support and information from the team of professionals working here have opened the eyes of many elderly people to a whole new way of lifestyle, diet habits and routine. In short, people who choose to live in this center and follow the advice of their personal caretakers can achieve their dearest goal : normal living without pain or suffering and doing things they always love to do. To make life more easier and colorful, the center offers assistance with meal preparation, cleaning, dressing, laundry, medication and other personal tasks. The wellness programs are designed to enrich the lifestyle of senior citizens. For example, the Vitality Club Life Enhancement program is created for residents who love to read or engage in conversation about books and videos. Some programs are meant for people suffering from dementia and Alzhemeir's disease. Opportunities are also plentiful for people who love gardening, sports and other recreational activities. And for people who like to live outdoor most of the day, there are shopping centers, attractions and restaurants to explore. Last but not least, seniors can always cultivate new hobbies or continue their old passions without fear. At Elmcroft, the professionals assist the residents in every way and bring out the best in them.