Elmcroft of Saxonburg - Saxonburg, PA

Review of Elmcroft of Saxonburg

I have been a resident for 2 years and love it here!

Review of Elmcroft of Saxonburg

We sent our mother for a respite stay, she couldn't be alone while we were away. Needless to say, when the time comes for permanent care, this will be our choice.

Review of Elmcroft of Saxonburg

Staff loves their residents like a lot of places, the only complaint is they are short staffed, this happens a lot to businesses in our area. They are doing the best they can, short staffed they still take good care of their residents

Review of Elmcroft of Saxonburg

My mother was a resident, like most, she did not want to leave her home. She always said this was the best place for me. She made friends and enjoyed her time there. Thank you to all the staff

Review of Elmcroft Senior Living

Every single person thinks of everyone else. I am amazed at the care that people have for others

[Name removed] is great

Disgusted

The memory care center feel like you are going into the dungeon. Its cold and depressing. All of the furniture is ancient and dirty. The bedspread are disgustingly old. There are NO activities that go on for these patients. They are plopped in front of a tv. That's their activity. Some of the staff use very bad language in front of the residents. This is not a place you want to put a loved one. In addition they recently had a resident wander out of the building and across the street to a store . thank goodness he was brought back safely. No thanks to the staff on that one.

Unhappy

My husband had been here for seven months . About one month in they lost the activities coordinator for the unit and have yet to replace them. Yet they still falsely post an activities calendar for the unit and none of it goes on. I have asked numerous times when are they going to hire someone and the director tells me soon but no one is hired. My husband is young and.needs activities rather than sitting in front of a tv or in his room. He has finally settled in an now we have to think of moving him !

Review of Elmcroft Of Saxonburg, PA

They treat me like family. Clean with friendly staff.

Review of Elmcroft Of Saxonburg, PA

I've been at Elmcroft since 9/19/2016. Love it all the Pat and employees.

Review of Elmcroft Of Saxonburg, PA

We have referred many to this place. Mom and Dad both lived here. We have nothing but good memories to share!

Review of Elmcroft Of Saxonburg, PA

I wish I would have known of this place sooner!

Review of Elmcroft Of Saxonburg, PA

My tour was informative and I was impressed with her knowledge. The residents are happy and smiling, they even stopped to speak to us! I will definitely consider this community for my Mother when the time is right!

Review of Elmcroft Of Saxonburg, PA

If you are looking for a place for someone, you couldn't find a better place. The workers are wonderful. They take care of us and help us. They give us things to do (activities) and take us out to places. I love it here!

A nice place

The food is good. The staff are nice and take good care of my loved one. I think they could use a few more activities. The community is kept clean and the grounds are well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We take your comments very seriously and will look into adding more activities. Thank you for helping us better serve our future residents!

Wonderful Place

The staff at Elmcroft, are all so friendly and easy to talk too.I1I have mention to my family, how friendly even the residents are. I have had my husband in two other places and Elmcroft rated so much higher in care and attitude. We are all very happy with our choice. I would advise anyone seeking this type of place for one of their family to certainly check this place out. Good luck to anyone facing a decision like this.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Wonderful place

One of the nicest things about this facility is it's smaller.When we toured they had us speak with residents who lived there. They were all eager to tell us how wonderful the community is and how much they enjoyed living there. They have activities going on all the time.They have an event every holiday. It's a great community.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Nice, small & residents get the attention they need.

Memory center's vibe is cold and clinical. Carpets and upholstery are dirty and shabby. 2 bedrooms only with a warning to label everything because of "wanderers"

My Mother Is Doing Well Here

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother here. The community looks nice and clean. From what I saw everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff I met were kind and friendly. They are caring for her and her needs well. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her with. Overall this is a community I would recommend.

Pleased!

Caring staff who treat residents like the adults that they are. Handyman is a gem. Very satisfied with this assisted living facility for my father-in-law!

Dirty

Really surprised to see such good reviews. Toured this place recently and there was feces in the only shower that 12 memory care patients use. The couches were old and disgusting. Stained. The whole memory care floor smelled very offensively. I probably wouldn't even put my dog in here. Will not be back.

Saxonburg Elmcroft great place!

Elmcroft Saxonburg's great staff is a definite. The facility is clean and bright. The staff has been very helpful with understanding our fathers behavior. they are providing the care we could not keep up with. The service, care, atmosphere, activities and communication are priceless!

Great People

The staff members at Elmcroft of Saxonburg were just great to my loved one from the beginning all the way through to the end. It is just a really friendly environment that is filled with all around good people.

Very nice place!

Overall our experience with Elmcroft of Saxonburg has been a very good one! The staff here is very friendly and attentive, and they just do a great job in general with the care. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got a lot to offer the people who live here!

I was so impressed with the place

This is the cleanest facility in the area that we seen. I was so impressed with the place. The administrators, the director, the staff, and even the cleaning people were fantastic. Everyone was very kind and courteous. I can't say enough. This was a great place. I would recommend the Elmcroft of Saxonburg. It was fantastic.

Jody was excellent in her presentation and tour. I sensed her genuine compassion and care of our situation and the residents in this community. There was a peaceful atmosphere with everyone we came in contact with from staff to individual residents. I was very impressed with everything I experienced and saw there.

Very friendly staff, and good food!

Things have gone very well with Elmcroft of Saxonburg so far! It was a big change for Mom, and she was a little unsettled at first, but all of the staff here were very friendly and they worked hard to make sure she felt comfortable here. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they seem to take great care of the people that live here. We've also had a chance to eat with her quite a few times, and the food is very good!

Full service facility, great staff

The caregivers at Elmcroft of Saxonburg went above and beyond to care for my terminally ill Aunt and her severely retarded/autistic daughter. The administration worked with our family to make a smooth transition for the daughter after her mother's passing.
The residents in close proximity to the surviving daughter looked after her well-being as though they themselves were her immediate family. The close-knit camaraderie was extremely comforting to us as a family when we were looking for a facility for "special needs" adults.
Elmcroft of Saxonburg is a top-notch facility, has the feeling of home and easy access grounds for those residents who are more mobile.
I would recommend Elmcroft of Saxonburg to anyone who can no longer care for an aging loved one.

Very nice memory care!

Overall things have gone very well at Elmcroft of Saxonburg! The employees have been very friendly, the facility is nice looking, and I really like the way it is set up. My loved one has severe Alzheimer's, so she needs to be in a locked unit which normally seem to be very clinical and depressing. The memory care unit at Elmcroft is secure, bright, and clean. The facility is built into the side of a hill so although technically the memory care is the "basement" every room has windows.

Very nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into options for my loved one. This was a very nice looking community, it was very clean, it looked nice, and every seemed very friendly. However this community was a bit too far to be an option we could consider. One very handy service they provided was that at the time of our search my loved ones were in VA and couldn't be here for the search, but Elmcroft was able to conduct their care assessment at one of their facilities in VA which would be applicable here.

Wonderful place!

Elmcroft of Saxonburg met and/or exceeded our expectations when it came to the care of our mother. The employees were some of the best I've encountered. They are helpful, friendly, and skilled. The residents are friendly, helpful and including of "newbies" just moving in. We were so thankful that "A Place for Mom" recommended them and that we were able to place our mother there until her passing.

Nice community, but we had a major issue here

The facility itself is very nice, it's always clean and the staff were friendly, and I felt like overall they would have done a good job. However, we had a very very unfortunate incident occur which resulted in the loss of my loved one. The facility had a fire drill, and with the combination of alarms going off without warning, and having to be carried through the halls and down the stairs by a stranger, it was too much stress and my loved one suffered a cardiac event. I understand the need for fire drills, but I believe this was handled very poorly due to the nature of the community and care needs of the residents. If there had been a notice beforehand I could have been on-hand to keep my loved one calm, and possibly prevented this outcome.

Looked good during the tour

I only toured this location, but it seemed very nice from what I saw. The staff I met were friendly, and the facility seemed well kept.

Elmcroft of Saxonburg is an intimate, senior living community designed to provide optimal comfort, care and privacy. Some features include:

• Private and shared personal and memory care apartments
• Charming, home-like community settings
• Common areas for socializing, dining and entertaining
• Easy access for those with limited mobility
• Best Friends® memory care program
• Signature Programming: Vitality Club, Walking Tall, and Second Wind Dreams®

Our carefully selected and trained staff are equipped to assist residents with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, and management of medications.