Newhaven Court at Clearview - Butler, PA

Newhaven Court - Your search ends here

My mother was a Newhaven resident for 8 years. 96 year old Dad has just moved in!
Mom started at Newhaven on the independent side. She had many challenging behaviors which isolated her in many ways. When Memory Care neighborhood opened, although we were resistant to the staff's suggestion that it might be a good fit for Mom, we agreed to try it, based upon their knowledge of Mom and how they felt they could best provide for her. The move to Memory Care proved to be one of the greatest gifts we were able to give Mom. In that beautiful community, Mom flourished with the unique staff and activities. She regained a feeling of independence, based on the focus on what she could do, not on her limitations. In amazement, Mom's doctors and her family watched as she actually improved in her 80's! She had friends with whom she socialized. She invited us to events. She had pride in her surroundings. She felt capable and vital. Those 7 years were a blessing for Mom, and therefore, us.
Dad has been living independently, but this summer, it was evident it was time for a move. This time around, we did not visit multiple facilities, interview, etc. We knew from experience that Newhaven was the only place for Dad. He is in his own apartment. While change at his age is difficult for anyone, the staff has been WONDERFUL in getting Dad interested in activities and in life. We are not surprised.
There are no cookie cutter plans at Newhaven - everything is individualized and personalized. The staff is amazing and helpful and kind and positive. My 2 parents could not have had any more different needs, but this group of people customize everything.
There are times when issues arise and things need to be addressed. At Newhaven Court at Clearview, when we had a concern, I contacted management, we met promptly, and together we worked things out to address our concerns. It is a team where the resident, the family, and the staff all work together to provide the best possible living conditions. You can not ask for more than that.
If you are interested in improving the quality of your loved one's life while gaining peace of mind over their safety and well-being, Newhaven Court at Clearview is the only place you need to go.

Newhaven Court Family

My parents have individually lived in senior care for the past 8 years.

My mother lived for a short time in assisted living and then moved to the memory care neighborhood at Newhaven. Mom's move to memory care was the most wonderful gift we could have given her. Hesitant at first to move her, the staff met with us multiple times, compassionately and factually outlining Mom's strengths, struggles, and needs, leading us to try the memory care neighborhood. We were amazed to watch Mom IMPROVE in her new community, making friends, participating, enjoying life - things we would have never believed possible. Her quality of life was raised to the highest level possible for her. She delighted in her friends, her lovely home, and the focus on things she could do, not on things she could not do. No situation is without some challenges, however, from the director through his wonderful nurses and staff, we all worked together to give Mom the best life possible. When concerns arose, we always were met promptly and always, always felt as if our concerns were the most important things the staff had to deal with.

So, last spring when it was time to consider a move for Dad, the hardestpart was done. Nowhere but Newhaven was even considered. Dad lives independently in his apartment at Newhaven, enjoying the people, the meals, the activities. While Dad's situation, and personality, is vastly different from Mom's, the staff has again demonstrated their adaptability by tailoring his plan uniquely to him.

The facility is beautiful - a place where people are proud to live and visit. Quality is evident in the building, the food, the common areas, and most important of all, the people. When your loved one lives at Newhaven Court, they do not live with employees, they live with family - people who care for them as if you were doing it yourself. When leaving Newhaven after a visit, I have no misgivings, I have complete peace of mind.

Pleased With This Home Care Agency

This home care agency is working out well for my husband, and his needs. He is stable, and I'am pleased with the services he has received. We have a wonderful care giver, and she has been very helpful with everything. She is a good fit for my husband, and his needs. The agency has been easy to work with, and always return my calls. We are pleased with this home care agency, and I would recommend it.

They are Wonderful

Newhaven Court at Clearview was simply amazing with my friend and me. He was only here a short time because they were so aware of some changes happening to him and his health that they had him transferred to the hospital which was a good thing and when he left the hospital Newhaven knew that they could no longer address the care he would need so they helped find an assisted living that could.
But in the short time he was there they were able to get him involved in the activities, socializing with the other residents. He loved the dining room and the food and especially the ice cream and coffee that they always had on hand.
I would definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone and I would have no problem moving there myself should the need ever arise.

A Country Club Atmosphere with a Caring Staff

My mother, sister and I toured New Haven Court and were very impressed with the staff and the facility. We were especially impressed with the design, which gave a neighborhood feel to the various rooms on the different floors. Both my mom and dad are enjoying themselves and very pleased with New Haven Court.

An added feature was the ability for the residents to have pets, which gave New Haven Court a gold star.

Excellent staff

My mother lives here and it is going well. She is very pleased with the meals and I have shared many with her here. I would have to say the staff is really good and she feels comfortable and safe. They like her and she likes them. I chose Newhaven because I liked what I saw during the tour and it's close to me and convenient for visiting which was important.

Not central!

The staff was great here and they were very kind and helpful. The community was very pleasant from what we saw and it was clean and neat. We just did not like that mom would not be able to get many visitors in this location.

Happy with Dad Move Here

My father is doing well here at this community. So far everything is working out well, and I'am pleased. They have a good staff here, so I know he is in good hands. The community is very well maintained. All is well so far, and I would recommend this community.

Great Communication!!

My loved one was only at this community for a short period of time, but the care he received was great.They made sure they kept me up to speed with his progress and treatment plan and always was willing to answer any questions I had for them. I will defiantly use them again and recommend this place to anyone.

Mail gone missing

My Mother is a residence of Newhaven Court at Clearview in Butler, PA. Over Christmas, a package was mailed to her with a $50 gift certificate in it. The USPS tracking receipt clearly shows the package was delivered to Newhaven front desk, but my Mother never received the package. After numerous attempts to determine the location of the package, Newhaven continues to be unresponsive about the status of package. I question if this is an isolated incident or do other packages, especially around the holidays when monetary gifts are likely to be included, show up “missing”. Since Newhaven refuses to respond to inquiries, I cannot say. You should think about this when considering a resident for your elderly parents - especially if some of your family members are at a distance and need to send gifts via mail.

Can't think of anything they can do to improve

I can't think of anything they can do to improve. They got us thinking about the process more than anything. If it hadn't been for them and the information they gave us, we probably would not have gotten the ball rolling.

it's just been wonderful!

it was absolutely wonderful! They were ver considerate, always available, and couldn't have been kinder. My mom is actually in the hospital right now, so we're working with them to get her back in there eventually and they are great. The atmosphere and the feel of the place is wonderful, very calming. It's just been wonderful. We have not had to second guess our decision for a moment.

The staff is very caring, and friendly.

It's been pretty good, they are working on the medication management. The staff is very caring, and friendly. It would be helpful if they had more residents, there are only about 16 in this unit, that gives them limited social options. We were pleased with the surroundings, it is aesthetically pleasing.

I think it's kind of a nice place.

I think it's kind of a nice place and it's a little far to travel for me, but she liked it and, she picked it, so that's what we did. It's very, very clean, any piece of dirt or anything and they are right there trying to clean it up. There are a couple of people that really aren't that friendly, they don't seem to smile as much, or be as talkative as some of the others, but most of everybody else is very nice, all of the people there know everybody by name, they are a pretty close knit group. They have four or five levels of care and separate each one by about a hundred dollars. They frown on anyone doing their own medication and want you to go through them. Housekeeping is done once a week and they launder the sheets on the bed and towels and wash cloths, but personal laundry, you have to pay or have someone do it or do it yourself. The medication management is close to being on time but sometimes they aren't always on time. There's quite a bit of activities, over Christmas they had childrens dance troups and singing carols, and someone in the library reading today, they take them out on shopping trips and things. Some of the people bake cookies for meals on wheels. My mom chose it because it was less expensive.

Mom is enjoying herself so far

We are pleased with this community so far! It came highly recommended to us by friends, and Mom knew a few people living here already. We recently moved her into a slightly larger unit, so Mom is pleased with all the space she has. She really enjoys the social atmosphere at this community. The food is also very good, Mom says she hasn't been snacking as much because she fills up at every meal!

Newhaven Court at Clearview

An Assisted Living Community that offers a cozy and home-like atmosphere, combined with a service package with the Royal Touch.