Lowrie Place - Butler, PA

Lowrie Place - Butler, PA has yet not published prices.

I toured this community

I went on a tour at this community and the staff was nice and helpful. He answered all of my questions. It was nice and clean. It had spacious rooms with a bathroom and a kitchenette. And it was a newer building so it was out of our budget. It just wasn't a good fit for my brother. I would recommend families tour before selecting a place.

Mom Likes It In This Community

My mother is enjoying her time here in this community. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is good for the most part, and they are taking care of her, and her needs. She is pleased with the meals, and is getting involved with the activities they offer. She is likes it here in this facility, and I would recommend it.

Nice Tour,

Everything went well went my tour of this community. It is a nice place. The staff was very kind, and helpful. All my questions were answered. It was a pretty nice experience.

Really nice but too expensive

We toured this community when looking for my parents. It was very nice and the staff was friendly and able to answer any questions we had. My parents decided not to move here because it was a little too high fort heir price range and they didn't like the lay out of the rooms. One thing that was aggravating was the community kept calling us after we toured.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Lowrie Place has been a very positive one overall, I'd give them high marks across the board! It's a nice looking, clean place, and everyone has been very friendly. One small complaint is that we had a few minor maintenance issues that they responded to slower than I'd like, but other than that we're entirely satisfied!

My Mom is a new resident and the facility is lovely, the care seems good thus far.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Lowrie Place was a good one. It's a clean, nice looking facility, and the staff is friendly and professional. It took a bit of effort to get our loved one settled at the right level of care, but they took good care of her overall. I do think they could use a few more aides on staff, however.

Looked like a nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community that was located closer to family, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Staff Is Friendly and Accommodating

Right now both my parents got placed there, but we are having a problem because my mom is not able to stay. The staff is friendly though and they pretty much do anything my dad asks them, so they are accommodating.

My experience with Lowrie Place

I had scheduled an appointment with someone who told me he was the director. He quoted us a price of $3750. He also told my dad that he had to apply immediately in order for the VA to process his application for Time and Attendance which is a benefit for veterans. My dad wrote a check for have a month's rent plus their one time fee that is equal to one month's rent. Afterwards when we talked to Lowrie Place, we spoke with someone else who said she was the Director and what the first quy told us was completely incorrect. The rent was several hundred dollars higher and the application to the VA had nothing to do with what he told us. He was just a person who the corporation sent out to several sites. The real Director did negotiate with corporate for us to get refunded for some of the discrepancies, but our rent is still at the higher rate.

Getting better

Under new management, so things are looking up. My mother is happier than she has been in years.

Lowrie Place

The Lowrie Place has excellent facilities and activities for residents. The staff are friendly, professional and provide good customer services to family and residents.

Lowrie Place is the least cost facility for the level of care my family member needed, based on my research and the other facilities evaluating my family member.

The staff and I reviewed the costs and they even provided the bed, which isn't in the contract...excellent customer services by the staff.

Very closed-minded culture. You would almost think you were in a nursing home. So sorry they could not become the best in the area - if only they could have opened their hearts and minds to cutting edge policies and procedures.

Strong smell of urine is common. Drop by on more than one unannounced occasion.

Staff are not trained to treat residents with the utmost courtesy and respect at all times. Some are better than others of course, but too many are allowed (and even encouraged) to treat residents like children or "inmates."

"Rules" and procedures that are discriminatory on every level.

Rebecca Oistad

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. Please call Enlivant Customer Support at [removed] so that we may respond directly to your concern(s). Your trust and satisfaction is very important to us.

Lowrie Place is located in Butler, Pennsylvania where we enjoy both natural beauty and nearby urban amenities. Our residents can enjoy outings to Kenworthy Performance Hall, art galleries and the nearby library and arboretum.

Our studio and one bedroom apartments are specifically designed to offer an abundance of features:

•Wall to wall carpeting
•Climate controls in each apartment
•Ample storage and closet space
•Kitchenettes with microwaves and refrigerator/freezer
•Emergency call systems that are interfaced with staff pagers
•Walk in showers with built in safety features

Our public places also offer amenities to make every day more enjoyable:
•Three daily meals that include alternate selections plus snacks
•Activity and crafts room
•Comfortable lounges
•Library
•Private areas for entertaining family and friends
•Beauty and barber salon
•Computer area with internet access
•Tai Chi classes
•Indoor activities such as bingo and card games

At Lowrie Place, we provide thoughtful, compassionate care in a warm, lively environment. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Our residents engage in a variety of stimulating activities, such as board games, yoga, tai chi, and bingo.