My Mother's Story

My mother's Life Story has continued to be told in the way that she would wish to have it told because of her nearly six year residency @ Eason House. As her memory loss progresses , she resides in a HOME with individuals who truly care about her and her quality of life. Their philosophy that "bedrooms are for sleeping" is ongoing as I never see my mother in her bedroom , but in the Family Room, Dining Room, Florida Room, or Patio of the house when I visit her frequently. The grounds are well manicured with trees and flowers, birds and deer, and a vegetable garden. We laugh, we sing, we cry, we love, we celebrate and continue to tell stories and share those "as my mother used to say' isms so that they continue to be a part of us. When other family members and friends visit, special care is given to providing an inclusive but familia setting.
Significantly, she has not been admitted to the hospital during the time that she has resided @ Eason House whereas she had been to the hospital upwards of half a dozen times in the assisted living facility where she formerly lived. This treatment method became very costly for her health and her pocketbook. At Eason House, the Nurse and Care Team work together with me to provide the care that she needs in the least restrictive environment eliminating a very disruptive and stress producing hospital stay. Nurse Mike or House Manager Shelly have accompanied my mother and me to her neurologist or glaucoma specialist appointments multiple times to assist with her transfer and to relay information about any problems, symptoms, or concerns that my mother may be experiencing providing the Drs. with a clear picture of her daily living arrangements in order to provide the most appropriate treatment.
Eason House is exceptionally clean, no nursing home smell, passing all Board of Health Codes with Superior Ratings. Nutritional meals and snacks are carefully planned and prepared which also has contributed to the overall good health of my mother. The low ratio of staff to residents, only five reside in the Memory Care Houses at a time, aides in improvement of incontinence issues and personal hygiene care. Her clothing and bedding are laundered and returned to her room, no missing socks or other misplaced residents' items to seek and find.
Tim and Mark and House Managers are in contact with families frequently and available for consultation when needed, often hearing my struggles as I expend precious energy and advocate for my mother daily attempting not to whine. Programs for residents and families continue to be added to enhance the Memory Home Concept.
Approval Matters and Health Care Concierge/Eason House has a Five Star Approval Rating with all who are fortunate enough to learn and become a part of these uniquely designed communities for memory loss residents and their families .

Excellent staff makes for excellent care

Eason House has been a perfect fit for my father and our family.People looking for a large, hotel/resort-like facility should look elsewhere, but if excellent care in a homelike setting is what you're after, you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere that even comes close to these homes. The personal care focused on the individual has been even better than we had hoped. As a healthcare professional, I looked carefully for a setting that felt like home and demonstrated topknotch care. The Eason House staff realize they are caring for their clients and the family and do a great job of balancing both. In healthcare we say, " No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care." At Eason House you can see the care happening from the moment you enter the door. The owners have concentrated on building an environment where caring staff are encouraged and valued for what they do best, and it shows!

Fantastic homelike environment, loving, compassionate care

My mother was a resident at Eason House for two years, until her recent passing. I cannot say enough about this facility. The staff became family to us, and they cared for and loved my mom as if she was their own mother or grandmother. The care givers at Eason House are angels on earth. During mom's last weeks, I was there night and day and they were wonderful. Once we made the decision to move her to inpatient hospice, the staff kept in constant touch and visited almost daily.

The house itself is lovely, conveniently located, completely remodeled and ADA compliant, open floor plan, private bedrooms, deck overlooking a beautiful ravine filled with mature trees. Family members are welcome at any time and are made to feel at home. Families are encouraged to be involved in the care process and are kept informed of changes, concerns, etc, as needed.

I would recommend Eason House or Crandall House in a heartbeat. You may be lucky enough to find care as good, but you won't likely find care better than this.

Eason House Eason House is a private residence that is a home for five individuals with the need for memory or assisted care. Our resident to care giver ratio is 2 care givers to 5 residents during waking hours. Each resident is also assigned a personal nurse case manager to provide optimal health and wellness.

The home is situated on a picturesque ½ acre lot in Beechwold with a majestic view of 100 year old trees. The house sits at the top of a beautiful ravine that you will find quite enchanting and relaxing. The house, itself, was built in the 1950’s. It has been completely remodeled to create an environment where residents can live with exceptional quality of life. A place where families can visit and be part of the vision that will be Eason House.

Spaced Retrieval Spaced Retrieval (SR) is a memory intervention technique that gives individuals with memory deficits practice at successfully recalling important information over progressively longer intervals of time. Clinical research using SR has demonstrated that individuals with Alzheimer's Disease can be taught to remember compensatory strategies that help facilitate safety and greater levels of independence. Commitment to the latest research and effective techniques in dementia care will be at the fore front of our core model. All of our team members will be trained in the use of spaced retrieval as it will serve as a model for our environment.

About Us Eason House is nursed owned and operated by Tim Mills RN, BS, HCA and Mark Moore, Ortho Technician. Both owners combined have over 60 years experience in both clinical and leadership roles. Through their personal and professional experiences they have created an innovative memory care residence that consistently exceeds the expectations of the clients and families that they care for.

Fine Dining Eason House takes pride in the delectable meals it serves. Fresh fruits and vegetables are at the core of our menu. A variety of exquisite menus all