Sunrise of Gilbert - Gilbert, AZ

A Wonderful Option for Your Senior Loved One

After touring four senior communities, we chose Sunrise of Gilbert for our mother. She fully participated in the decision and has been very happy in her apartment since her move. The staff has been wonderfully friendly and helpful. There is a great quantity and variety of activities and the staff is very open to residents' requests and suggestions. The food has been good and our mother enjoys the dining room experience. Her apartment is comfortable and the weekly cleaning and laundering of bedding is very appreciated. Our mother is happy with the very reasonably priced beauty salon on premises. We are particularly impressed with the attention to upkeep all over the property. This was a difficult transition for our mother to make. She was sad at reaching the time of life that she needed to sell her home, but the friendly people and the size of the community at Sunrise has helped her feel she is making good friends. There is nothing I would wish to improve about her experience. She's happy and we are happy and feel great about every (frequent) visit we have there.

I toured Sunrise while looking for a place for my loved one and myself. I thought that the staff was very friendly and helpful, but the place itself was dreary and drab-looking to me, and not spacious at all. I also did not like that they did not have all levels of care here. I wanted us to be able to stay in the same place as my loved one's needs increase, and that was not possible here.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Afternoon - Thank you for sharing. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We would enjoy to connect to learn more about your tour. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you. -The Sunrise Team

Sunrise Senior Living

Small rooms but everything is very clean

They looked very nice when I toured, but it kind of reminded me more of a hospital than an assisted living. Everyone that I interacted with was nice though. The interaction between the staff and the residents was nice. They’d greet each other and ask how their day was going. One of the reasons that I didn’t choose it though was because it was little more out of my price range. The rooms looked quite a bit smaller than another place that I had taken a look at but everything looked very clean.

Didn't Care For the Floor Plans Of The Rooms

We toured this community and it was nice.Very clean and looked well maintained however my mother in law didn't care for the way the rooms were laid out. Both of my in-laws are in wheelchairs and she found it hard to get around the rooms she found them to be too small.

Doing It All

My in-laws are loving it here it was the best choice for them. They are keeping very busy doing the activities and going to social events they may hold. They are loving the residents and staff.The staff is very helpful and nice very accommodating. The food is very good. We would recommend this community to anyone.

Food Is Really Good

Mom really likes living here.She has a nice apartment that she is comfortable in. The food is really good. However, she has had to make some small adjustments in her eating schedule because they offer 2 seatings and they are earlier than what she normally would eat at. However the staff has been great and they are willing to bring her meals to her room if she doesn't make it to meal time. The community is well maintained and kept nice looking.

Another Community to Tour With

I was looking for a very good community that was able to assist my parent and to be there for them too. I had a good experience and they did a good job with the tour. I felt I needed a smaller environment and they were not the best fit.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this place for my loved one and overall it was a pleasant experience. The property was clean and they had a lot of great of amenities available for the residents. I do wish they had nurses available in the assisted living side like they did in the memory care unit. I also had over heard a patient and staff interaction and thought it could have gone a little better. The caregiver was kind to the resident I just think she did not go above and beyond for his needs.

nice, more pricey than Gardens at Ocotillo, still like Gardens better

Having a tough time adjusting

My loved one is still adjusting to living at this community. The staff greet them by name and my loved one does like some of the staff members. They offer daily activities, however my loved one is not interested in participating in any. The food is hit or miss as some days it is ok and others it is not. The community is visually attractive.

Hands down my personal favorite. From the Victorian style exterior to the wrap around porch, it felt more like a home than a "senior home". Although they no open apartments, one of the residents was more than happy to share! She was a lovely person and & was nice to see how much furniture could comfortably fit! Activites both on & off site were outstanding and located not only in historic downtown Gilbert but 15-minutes from my house. Made it ideal. [Removed] my tour guide was an absolute doll!

Feel like I am being monitored

There is no private entrance to the units to get outside if you want to go outside you have to use the front door and I don't particularly care for that. I like to have my privacy and not necessarily like people knowing when I am leaving the building. The staff answered all my questions on my tour and they were quite friendly.
The overall appearance of the community outside and in seemed very well updated and maintained.

Wonderful Meals!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far everything has been going well for her. The staff are excellent people and I could not have picked a better group of people to care for her. She has been eating very well and loving her time in the dinning room with the other residents. I am also impressed to see her participating in a few of the activities they have to offer. Overall this was the perfect fit for her and I would recommend it to anyone.

A community for care

I like this community. The staff are very helpful and caring to my needs. The community is clean and has a good variety of healthy meals with a nice variety. They do offer alot of activites for the residents to participate. The therapy has been helpful for me. I think families should tour this community for themselves and for the care that is offered.

A tour for care and comfort.

We toured this community for care for my mother in law. We were able to get the answers on the care that is needed. They have a nice menu and a lot of nice activities that would have been offered. We think that other families would like the care that is offered and for a good value.

My father's good care

We were very happy with the care at this community. The staff were always nice and caring to my father. We were happy to know that he was in a clean community. The menu was very good and i enjoying having a meal with him. They offered him activites to participate in and he enjoyed alot of them. We would highly recommend this community for the great care and value for a loved one.

Spacious Apartment!!

My loved one and I have recently made the move into this community and so far we have no complaints with how things are going for us. The apartment they gave us was very clean upon move in and had lots of extra space for all of our personal things. The staff have been wonderful to my wife and I, and have accommodated our needs to the best of there ability. I would defiantly recommend to anyone interested in this place.

Our excellent experience with Sunrise Senior Living Center

We approached SeniorAdvisor.com when my elderly mother needed to transition out of a skilled nursing facility. They set us up with interviews at several locations and we made the final decision to go with Sunrise Living Center. Sunrise employees went above and beyond to assist us with touring the facility and getting the paperwork together. They arranged for her arrival on very short notice over a weekend, and got mom all set up in a very lovely room. The facility is well maintained with décor that makes it feel like home. The care givers on the reminiscence floor are absolutely outstanding. They are kind and patient, especially given the varied and unique situations of memory care residents. They take the time to discuss mom's special needs and involve us in her care plan. It is clear that they truly care about the residents.

Sunrise of Gilbert could be improved...

Overall, this is a nice place, but the decor is a bit dreary and old-fashioned. They only have two meals per day and they're scheduled. The social atmosphere is not as lively as I would have liked.

friendly

The sales person was very good. As I am new to this process I obviously didn't know all the questions to ask. I was shocked the day we were moving my husband in and they asked for a check for the full months rent. WOW a check; don't write many of those.

The staff has been super friendly. They all know [Removed] and make sure he is getting where he needs.

We are still pretty new at the facility only 10 days but it has been a good transition spot.

We are hopeful this is only short term as my husband is still quite young and recovering from a stroke.

My father's Care

I toured this community for my father. The unit my father needed was on the third floor. and we needed the first floor only. The staff was nice and they answered all the question on the care give. They had a good variety of meals and they offered a nice selection of activities. This community comes recommedned for the care and value.

Other options for dad

I toured this community for the care of my father. I was not happy with the staff member that I spoke with due to she had an odor of smoking. They did not have items in the rooms and or restrooms. The community did not have a lot of the needs that my father needed. I would not recommend this community for others

The Minimum Respite Was Not A Fit For Us

This was a nice community when I had a tour of it. It was a suitable place for the care that was needed for a respite. However the minimum for a stay was 2 weeks. I was looking for just a week.

Everything Is Great

My dad is doing great so far. The price of the community is ideal. The staff are great with him. My dad has great meals to eat daily with great housekeeping. Everything is just great at this community.

My Visit To The Community!!

I did not feel secure when I visited this community. This community is close to the bus station and there is a lot of activity. They have double locks on the door. The people I met were nice and the community looked clean.

My Mother Likes It Here

My mother likes it here at this community, and she is doing very well. We will no longer be looking for other community's. She is safe and in good hands here. They are providing her with good care, and I'am satisfied. We are very happy with my mother's move to this community. The staff is excellent, they are caring for her well. The meals are okay. They sever the meals on two different plates, and it can be a little difficult to eat like that. This is a lovely community ,and I would recommend it.

Feels Like Home!!

The apartment my mother in law is in is very clean and easy to maintain . The set up makes it easy for her to get around . The staff is very welcoming and friendly . The meals are good but could use some variety all they have available for lunch is the same soup or sandwich . There is a mixture of activities to keep her very entertained .

My friend is getting great care here. The staff is wonderful and careing. The meals that are offered are excellent. They are offering her activitites, but she is not participating at this time. I would recommend it to others for good care.

Used for 2 weeks for Respite Care for mother with dementia

My mother stayed at Sunrise Gilbert for 2 weeks for respite care. I think that her stay went pretty well. My brother visited her every day and didn't see anything that he didn't think was up to par. The only issue I had was when I checked her out after her 2 week stay. The person that I spoke to the night before said he'd call me back with a summary of what her caregiver's experienced, etc. during her stay and I never received a call back from anyone. He seemed more interested in me having mom stay there permanently and when I indicated that we weren't ready to move her in permanently he seemed to lose all interest in me. I called Sunrise and told them the exact time I was picking up my mom and when I arrived they seemed surprised to see me even though I had only paid for 2 weeks stay ending that day. No one helped me with gathering her things and moving the heavier items, no one even offered to get me a moving dolly or anything. I was missing a few of her clothes--no one asked me if I got them all back, no one cared. Overall I think the stay went well and the care was pretty good other than she was in her wheelchair all day, no naps during the day from what my brother could tell. She took a few steps backwards when I got her home and I don't know if it was from exhaustion due to no naps or the change or what. She is doing better now. I think they need to hire more actual caregivers, the ones they have are responsible to care for too many people and expected to serve meals and everything. They should just be there to care for the elderly residents, they shouldn't have to serve meals on top of the caregiving duties. They shouldn't leave the person in their wheelchair all day either. My mom's feet were so swollen when I got her home and I think it was from having her feet down all day long sitting in the wheelchair. Other than those items her stay seemed to go well.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Wonderful Tour

Our tour went very well at this community. It is a very nice facility and everything looks very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. There are nice activities offered. The residents were very nice and friendly. I would suggest for anyone to go to tour this community for themselves. It is a nice community.

Outstanding Staff

My Mom is adjusting to moving to Sunrise of Gilbert and things are going very well. She has made several friends with other residents. The place feels very home-like. The staff is outstanding, very understanding and take great care of my mother.

Pros: Beautiful buildings inside and out. Had homey atmosphere. Had many common areas. Had respite section to give spouse a break. Each worker seemed warm and friendly. Talked to people who lived there on way out and each one said they loved living there. That the caretakers were wonderful. Had same caretaker each day.
Cons: Most expensive. Rooms seemed smaall.

the director was just phenomenal

At Sunrise Of Gilbert the director was just phenomenal with keeping mom calm. She spent the night and the next day mom wanted to leave but the director helped her feel more comfortable. Mom was there for respite care and is back home now. If she needs to she would definitely go back.

A beautiful place

They keep it pristine. The care is pretty consistent. They do have a pretty big turn-over of staff from what I can see. Somebody will be there for a couple of months and then there is someone new. My mother is 90 and it's difficult for her to learn new names. She gets to know one person and then they are gone.

The big area for improvement though would be the food. The food is horrible. All the residents complain, and they do not do anything to change it. My mother has been there for 15 months and that is her biggest complaint.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experience and would like to learn more as we take all concerns seriously. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Beautiful facility if you like early 1900's decor. Lots of long curved hallways. The facility was fairly new, had state of the art exercise equipment and a very nice pool and patio area with lots of wooden rocking chairs.

ok, not too great

My mother is not too terribly happy at Sunrise of Gilbert. She says that the food is not good, and the activities are very minimal. I am not sure if the feedback she has provided me is entirely accurate as I live in Connecticut while she is there in Arizona so I am not able to see things up close and evaluate on my own, but I am going based on what she has said.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information(At)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Sunrise Senior Living

We'd like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information at SunriseSeniorLiving dot com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Very nice place!

Our experience with Sunrise of Gilbert has been a very good one overall! The place had a very warm, friendly atmosphere, and all of the residents seemed happy. The facility itself is nice looking, and the staff are all very friendly.

staff was exceptional

The staff was exceptional. My husband did have a fall and they were there to help out.

The activities were not very good, at least not for him, so he just stayed in his room.

My mother is 93 and is not an easy person and can be impatient. She once did not get her meds precisely on time and was not happy about that. She also would like a couple more showers a week than what she gets. But again, she can be difficult to deal with.

The people there are great. The fact that these are moms only complaints actually tells me they are doing a very good job.

Beautiful Sunrise

It is gorgeous inside & out. Everyone is so friendly & caring.
Her suite is decorated with her belongings & she seems very happy with the staff's attentiveness. She's only been there a short while but I am very impressed with the facility.

It’s a good place to be.

Everyone has been very nice to us. Compared to other places – they are a premium community. They are quick to respond to my loved one’s needs. My father has let me know the food is good. It’s a good place to be.

Separate and very distinct ...

Separate and very distinct space between independent living and assisted. Had a more upscale feel. Loved the house dog!

Great staff unless it's the admin staff

Moved my parents there earlier this year have to say the staff that actually helps my folks are great. The people in Admin offices not so great they promise you all kinds of things get you in there then pretty much forget about you. The food is pretty good but the portions are way way to small. For the price you have to pay you would think the Admin staff would be bending over backwards to help, we are thinking of moving my parents but know it would be a set back for them as they have dementia. We are going to give it until late summer and if it keeps up we will do more through research and move them if need be..Also when I only made "fair" of friendliness it only applies to Admin Staff not the staff actually caring for my parents. It would be great to actually have an email answered in a timely manner instead of having to call

Good overall

This is a very well kept and clean community, it is a newer building and the decor looks very nice! Our loved ones were here for a time before we had to move them somewhere with more appropriate care. The care here was good for what it was, and the staff were friendly. However, I wasn't impressed with what I saw of the food here, there didn't appear to be as much variety as I would have preferred. They provide meal delivery for a fee, which is useful, although my loved one took advantage of it far too often and started getting very frail from not leaving her room. They also don't make much of an effort to get the more hesitant residents to participate in activities.

Good So Far

My mother-in-law is in independent living, not assisted living so she doesn't get any of the care but what she has is good. If she needs something she is cared for. She plays bingo, sit down zumba, the plays Wii. My only suggestion would be to have more meal flexibility and options. You have to sit and eat a certain time and their Sunday schedule is sandwiches and things like that if you don't do brunch.

Very Pleased

I was very pleased except it was too far away. My mom was in the transitions unit which is for early dementia. Staff is friendly, caring and involved.

The facility is beautiful, ...

The facility is beautiful, people were especially nice, but having to move when assistance becomes necessary for only half a couple is not acceptable.

Gorgeous facilities...very ...

Gorgeous facilities...very warm and inviting atmosphere. They way they have is decorated inside and out - it feels like a 'home' (and a very huge and nice home to boot!)

Beautiful, big place, 2 yrs old. Has...

Beautiful, big place, 2 yrs old. Has independent, assisted (50 units) and secure memory care unit (30 units). Many activities. Concerned that wristband would not work for security. Memory care unit secure, memory unit $: Private studio

Did a drive by and stopped in. Beauti...

Did a drive by and stopped in. Beautiful community but the AL units do not have decks. Great location.

Director gave a wonderful tour. The ...

Director gave a wonderful tour. The grounds are beautiful, but the rooms are lacking storage and room. Very pricey but I am sure the food and service would be top notch. I loved the 2 Bedroom and 2 Bedroom with den.

1st choice: Location is perfect! U...

1st choice: Location is perfect! Under 2 years old. Liked what I saw. One bedroom assistant living is my first pick for Mom.

really, reslly like

really, reslly like

I toured Sunrise of Ghandler It was ...

I toured Sunrise of Ghandler It was nice

Lovely facility...most accommodating....

Lovely facility...most accommodating. Management was caring and they have been diligent to work with me on every aspect of AL.

Sunrise of Gilbert is located in Gilbert, AZ, which was ranked 16th by Money Magazine as one of the Best Places to Live in 2006. With nearby restaurants, museums and golf courses, this site is located in the heart of Maricopa with easy access to major routes (Route 101 and of Route 60) and Williams Gateway Airport is nearby. Sunrise of Gilbert also affords easy access nearby to recreational parks and medical services at Gilbert Hospital.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.