Deering Community Living & Respite I - Livonia, MI

The caregivers are attentive

The caregivers at this care home were wonderful. They took great care of mom while she lived there. They were very accommodating and supportive. The home was kept clean and they were very good at accommodating moms dietary needs. They assisted her to make sure she was up and walking. I would recommend this care home.

Disappointed

Lovely home, very nice people. Totally unable to care for my mom. She is 93, has her mind, but not her legs, due to a broken right femur. In the four days she was there, she received 6 large bruises on her left leg and was squeezed so hard around the torso during transfers by the husband/owner, she thought she had broken ribs. There were other staff able to transfer her without issue, including the wife/owner, daughter-in-law and another young man, but it was mainly the husband/owner that took care of moving residents.
When I came to take her to emergency and have the ribs checked out, I was told by the man that she couldn't come back, she was too hard to handle and was ungrateful. This put me in a spot that she had no place to go to when she was released from emergency room.
I was refunded the month's fee that I had paid up front, MINUS the four days AND, MINUS the money they owed to A Place For Mom. So, it didn't end up being a free service to the family, me, after all ...
There was a break in her breastbone.

Residential care home, no longer in the options, my dad dosent Ike them.

I loved them very much, they were very hands on.

I loved them very much, they were very hands on. It was the first time they had someone that was tube fed and they were johnny on the spot willing to learn. I really enjoyed how they took care of my mother. They were ok people. The only reason I didn't use them again is because they were full.

Good care, bad experience

There were a few things I liked about this place, some of the caregivers were very nice, the patients were all treated well and seemed hapyy, and the food was good and homecooked. However, the owner is a bully. My loved one passed shortly after moving in and he wanted to keep all the money I had paid him for two whole months, despite the fact we only used their service a few days. It was a huge ordeal dealing with him, and it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Very warm and comfortable; made you f...

Very warm and comfortable; made you feel welcomed; residents were cordial and happy. Facility was clean. Staff were outstanding; willing to work with us. Definitely would recommend this facility.

Warm atmosphere, nice rooms, a bit cl...

Warm atmosphere, nice rooms, a bit cluttered, worried about large area rugs on most floors - safety for walkers, owners were nice, residents were not eating together, 2 residence but food prep done in 1, licensed, small bathrooms, sunny rooms, would let me visit when convenient for me due to my work schedule; dr. visits 1/mo.

Sweet caring couple, very hard workin...

Sweet caring couple, very hard working, concerned about the 2 separate buildings, and whether or not dad would get into things, i.e. kitchen. Also, didn't notice activities available other than outside summer gardening.

Sometimes a family becomes aware that an aging loved one can no longer live on their own. Many families may not have the training, or skills to provide the care that may be needed for an aging person. At Deering Street Living and Respite we can offer many levels of care as senior begins to show signs of some of the common conditions that can plague an older person. Many families simply want to feel safe about an aging senior citizen. This is exactly what we can provide. Care is provided 24 hours per day to ensure that if help is needed at any time, there is someone there for your loved one in the home. All meals will be provided, and these are delicious meals that are cooked at home. Many residents have a variety of dietary issues we can cater to as well. We also provide care for those suffering with Dementia and Alzheimer's symptoms. This can create a very dangerous situation when senior citizens are left alone that are suffering with these symptoms. We will have a plan that is catered around the needs of each resident in order to keep your loved one safe at all times. Laundry is also completed for each resident, and this is a chore that many of our residents do not miss one bit. If help with bathing is needed, we can also help to ensure that a proper level of hygiene is maintained each day. A staff doctor is available to help provide prompt, and in home care to any resident at any time. Deering Street Living and Respite can provide families with different levels of care that can ensure their loved one is in e a home like setting. Safety is always a top priority to ensure that all residents have the level of care that they specifically need.