Arden Courts of Livonia - Livonia, MI

Too expensive for my Mother.

A Wonderful Place for your Loved One

My mother has been a resident at Arden for three years. They came highly recommended and they've not disappointed us. They staff and caregivers are very attentive and loving. There are many activities for the residents and the courtyard is beautiful. The facility is bright and airy and their rooms are comfortable. There are also many activities that families can enjoy with their loved ones. All in all, I feel that Arden Court is a great place to care for your loved one.

A larger unit. The layout with the cottage arrangement is very good with the eating area and rest areas contained within the cottages. The director knew the residents by first name as we walked around. The place was clean, orderly, well organized. Security was very good. Rooms are the right size for a dementia resident.

Not Impressed

My friend is in this community and I'm not impressed. Nurses ignore simple request such as putting on a residents sock. And in the state of MI if someone refuses a service they don't make them, but they have dementia so they should figure out how to wash her hair. It's been 2 1/2 months since it's been washed. I understand it is a difficult situation but they just sit in the T.V. room. They do the minimal work her for the residents.

Nice outdoor space

Mom is settling in really well at Arden Courts of Livonia. One of the main reasons we chose this community is that it has a large and beautifully landscaped backyard surrounded by a fence. My mom really enjoys the outdoors and there she can do what she enjoys, taking care of the raised flower beds and being outside. The staff is taking good care of her and her care needs. The communication has been good between our family and the staff members. We recently had a care conference which is helpful for me beings I live out of state and my sister lives close by where mom is living now. They said they will continue to keep the lines of communication open. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and they welcome our family when we come and visit. I would recommend this community to others.

I was impressed with[Removed] and the facility. The information we got was really helpful. This facility is perfect for a person with dementia.

Attentive Staff!!

My wife has recently moved into this community and so far everything is going fine for her. The staff have been great and have helped her take her medication and get motivated in activities. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys the social environment with the other residents.

Care and Comfort

This is a great community for my mom.The staff is caring and always. The meals are appealing and she is happy with the meals, but there are some that she does not care for. The community is clean. The activities are nice and she is enjoying things to keep busy with the other residents. We highly recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Nice Community

We had a nice tour of this community. The staff was very kind, and friendly. You could tell they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. Everything looked great. The experience went well, and this is a nice community.

Friendly Tour

I had a great tour of this community. Everyone was very friendly, and kind. The community was clean, and looked well-kept. At the time we toured the facility, they not have any couple rooms available. It was a very nice experience, any they were very kind to my family, and myself.

Positive atmosphere!!

During our tour of this community I was pleased to see how happy and involved all of the residents where during our visit. The atmosphere seemed to be positive and full of great energy throughout the property. Overall I have no complaints and this facility was one of our top choices out of all the different tours we had looked at.

Dorothy E Leithead

My Aunt has been there since 12/21/2016 and so far the experience has been fine. The people we met were very profesional, which is why we chose them.

The Perfect Place!

We really like this community a whole lot better than the previous one. They have done a excellent job of making sure that my loved one adjusts well. They are always trying to include my loved one in the many activities that they have. The community is always clean and we have never had any problem. I like that they have 4 different areas for the residents. I would recommend them to my family and friends.

Decent Tour

I had a pretty decent tour of this community. This is a pretty decent community. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother too. This just wasn't the place for her and her needs. This is a decent community with kind people.

Not very happy

I am not very happy with Arden Court. Many of the staff are friendly and they try to keep residents involved in daily acttivities in the community center BUT if your relative is not in that state of mind they put them in bed and shut the door. This is also true after dinner when nothing is going on. My fahter's room has not been cleaned in weeks - it is disgusting particularly his bathroom. His laundry is thrown into a pile on a chiar - much of it isn't even his - like a woman's nightgown and a tiny sweater. Once they get you in and signed - with a move in fee of $2,500 - there is no interaction with the front office. My father is in hospice care now and there is annimoisty between the hospice staff and the facility staff and they do not follow his hospice protocol. Recently residents have been displaced while unnecessary remodeling has been done in the kitchen - new cabinets and flooring and wallpaper - what a waste. Then the rent went up to $6,000 a month. Not sure what is better out there. I am afraid to complain in case of retaliation by the staff to my father.

Dissatisfied

I was satisfied that I was given numerous places to check out for my Uncle by "A Place for Mom." However I did not appreciate my phone number and email address given to these numerous places without my knowledge or permission. I kept trying to explain that my elderly Uncle needed more care than an assisted living facility, but kept getting pushed to check them out for him regardless. Finally we did choose an assisted living facility, Arden Court in Livonia, MI., in the memory care section, even though my Uncle does not have a problem with dementia or memory problems. He has no one to communicate or socialize with because the residents there have serious memory, dementia, or Alzheimer's problems. My Uncle is terribly miserable, and we are struggling to find him another place to live. Plus, we have to give them a 45 day notice before we can remove him from this facility. Otherwise we still have to pay them rent! And please do not contact me to help me find another place. I would not recommend your service to anyone else. Your employee completely disregarded my Uncle's needs and recommended a place that does not meet my Uncle's needs. The staff does not seem to go out of their way by any means to help, engage, encourage, or assist anymore than they have to.

great for my dad

Arden Courts of Livonia was great for my dad. We got what we paid for. We had him at a facility previously and it was cheaper but we got less care. They took really good care of my dad. They were really there when my dad needed it with his declining health. He has since passed. The experience at this facility was really good.

A Positive Experience

It has been a positive experience. I love the grounds that it is on. It is well worth the money. It's a smaller, more intimate facility, which was a good placement for my mother and they have done a really great job.

Arden Court

My father was recently placed into Arden Court because his Alzheimers has gotten to difficult for my mom to handle on her own. We really enjoy Arden Court for my dad. He is still young and active and they have a wonderful lot with walking paths that he can go around to release energy. Most places we looked at just had a little courtyard which was nice, but for my dad it would have been too confining since he loves being outside. Also the staff is great. So friendly and helpful; they always remember who we are. We are very thankful for this home for my dad.

A great place!

Arden Courts is a very clean and friendly environment that focuses on the patients and keeping them active. My mom feels safe, cared for, and at home at Arden Courts.

This was the best memory pr...

This was the best memory presentation. I didn't like the rooms at all. But it was really super clean on the inside. I want to avoid spending more than $4,000/mo if my dad is living away from Ann Arbor.

Outstanding Memory Care Community

Amazing community. Top notch quality of care and long tenured employees. Highly recommend.

Arden Courts Memory Care Community is specifically designed and built exclusively for persons living with Alzheimer’s disease and related forms of dementia. Each person has a private room with half bath. Staffing is higher than industry standards and nurses are on duty 24 hours-a-day. All staff is continually trained in the latest dementia caregiving techniques and must attend regular staff trainings provided by industry experts such as the Alzheimer’s Association.

Arden Courts offers an umbrella of programming which provides interesting and engaging activities tailored for all levels of dementia. Programming for our residents are offered at Arden Courts 9 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.

Rates are all inclusive with no additional costs for increased levels of care. The only extras are beauty/barber shop visits, incontinent supplies and medications.